Jamaica is a wicked ass nation

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
This is fukked up, sorry breh. This is why it's hard to invest back home, I got a co-worker moving back to Jamaica, low-key worried about him

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
The land disputes are common in every country in the black diaspora. But the level of violence seems fairly unique to Jamaica.

concise

Veteran
Daps
I work with someone who family is from India and his father was building a home back over there and had his brothers handle the construction. He had to go back to see what was up with the house because they kept asking for money for construction but it was taking forever. When he gets there he sees that they built this big house, bigger than he wanted and for more money, and they were living in it like it was theirs. They said they did not see the problem since he was a "rich" American now and he should be helping them. He finally kicked them out and shut it down, but he never had to deal with violence from his family or the town he was from.

The audacity. :what:

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
this is why i laugh and people who think Caribbean/africa is some sort of paradise where you eat pineapple and mango and sit on the beach everyday. shyt is not a joke
Cities aren’t a joke anywhere

that’s why you go to the more uninhabited parts of the world

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Same, my parents get called "Foreign" when they go back cos they moved to UK

MoBay is just not JA to me, just full or tourists and american dollars, at most when Im in JA I go there for weekend hotel stay

All about Half Way Tree, Kingston
:wow:

My Nan still has her accent and gets called foreign. I even got told that it was easy to tell I was foreign from how fast I walked :heh:

MoBay is very touristy but it’s the best of both worlds in Jamaica as far as tourism but still feeling authentic. My family are from Westmoreland so Negril is an option but there still parts of Kingston where you can still hear gunfire at night :francis:

peppe

Superstar
Daps
it's sad when you can't even retire/visit your birthplace without the fear of getting murdered.

As some have stated once there is no code and everything/everyone is fair game its over. It's sad that once you go back you have to live in the tourist/safe side just so you can have a sense of security