Jamaica is a wicked ass nation

Ezigbo Nwanyi

From the East
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Home of Dr. Michael Okpara & GeneralAguiyi-Ironsi
Similar thing happen to us. Since we have property in the zoo aka Nigeria, we had tenants who would not pay and when you tell them to leave they act as if the house you built is theirs. In the zoo they actually have people who purposely look to rent homes from people abroad so they can do you over in rent. Will even cut deals with people you have working on the property to charge you high prices in order to get a cut.

Poverty is a disease. These same people will argue with me about keeping the zoo one while languishing in the same God forsaken country. Basically once my mom retired the jig was up. She had to drag them to court in order to kick them out. My uncles and cousins had to surround the property in order to make sure they don't do anything. The same family totes a Bible everyday singing Jesu.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Im not sure how things work in Jamaica but in some spots they will burn the shyt down then find a way to finagle the property from you if you cant get the lot cleaned up and rebuilt under some bullshyt time frame. Im afraid this may be the start of your issues with that shyt.

Bigsuk

Tha realest n***a
Daps
An entire nation is wicked because someone burned down your parent's house.

I understand the pain but there is no reason to come to such a harsh conclusion. Some of us need to learn to relativize.
No you tripping .... there’s a few Jamaican coli brehs telling you what type of place Jamaica is ... not a good place at all have you seen the crime rate for a smalll island robbing/rape / murder ... its unreal for a small island :snoop: ... sometimes you got to go with your gut and know it’s got a bad vibe to it despite the island itself looks such a beautiful place .....:mindblown:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Im not sure how things work in Jamaica but in some spots they will burn the shyt down then find a way to finagle the property from you if you cant get the lot cleaned up and rebuilt under some bullshyt time frame. Im afraid this may be the start of your issues with that shyt.

daps never thought of it that way

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
No you tripping .... there’s a few Jamaican coli brehs telling you what type of place Jamaica is ... not a good place at all have you seen the crime rate for a smalll island robbing/rape / murder ... its unreal for a small island :snoop: ... sometimes you got to go with your gut and know it’s got a bad vibe to it despite the island itself looks such a beautiful place .....:mindblown:

People see beaches and a few commercials and never leave the tourist areas of montego bay, ochio rios and think its such a beautiful island

If you are jamaican you know how wicked that place is

every jamaican knows about JBNN news to see the wickedness of the country

Bigsuk

Tha realest n***a
Daps
People see beaches and a few commercials and never leave the tourist areas of montego bay, ochio rios and think its such a beautiful island

If you are jamaican you know how wicked that place is

every jamaican knows about JBNN news to see the wickedness of the country

Exactly @African Peasant thinks it’s just tarring everyone with the same brush ... it says something when you have jamicans in this thread who say there own peoples are fukked up in the head...... and that there own country is a bad place to go period .... African peasant get your self there breh ... but be warned you might be shipped back in a coffin ..... :merchant::merchant:

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Like many have said, it's poverty. It would be great to have one unquestionably first world black country on this planet.
I was thinking about this other day. And I think it’s genuinely possible to have a black first world nation if we used a city-state model. There are several cities in Africa that have great infrastructure and could legitimately support themselves independently of their surroundings through the service sector, banking, outsourcing-for-the-west, etc.

As it stands on the continent, most of the tax money and foreign aid is concentrated in capitals, while countryside people fend for themselves. If we abandoned the old-nation concept of keeping large tracts of land in favor of a black Singapore or black Monaco, I could see it coming together very nicely.:ehh:

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
The videos posted aren't even an anomaly.

It's not like we don't wish Jamaica was like the movie Cool Runnings. That's the utopian, Disney version of what the tourism board likes to sell you. Us actual Jamaicans know the real deal. We don't take pleasure going in on our island like this, it's painful. But it has to be said. If we didn't care, we wouldn't say shyt. I know a lot of Jamaicans feel the same way, but out of shame and embarassment they hide their head in the sand. That's why when actual Jamaicans who highlight what is going on, people get defensive on some "well that's not the whole island, yu ah mek Jamaica look bad". No shyt it's not the whole island, but it happens enough to the point it can't be ignored. There's no such thing as "airing out dirty laundry" either as we're on social media, the cat has been let out the bag a long time ago. And no, poverty is not an excuse either, I'm not trying to hear that. The poorest out there seem to have more pride in themselves with what little they have. I'm not excusing ignorance. If you have a phone in your pocket and can use social media, you can also educate yourself. Many of your great grandparents probably couldn't even read, but carried themselves much better with whatever little they had.

Apart from the crazy murder rate which has been a reality for DECADES, a lot of the social ills that happen out there are just not normal. There is a lot of unchecked mental illness out there that some backward people ascribe to 'obeah'. :snoop:

The island itself is beautiful, but the same can be said for all tropical countries. The fact is, there are a lot of brilliant, creative minds in Jamaica and always have been. The trouble is the corruption and wickedness goes right to the top.

I'm very far from retirement age. I don't like living around a whole bunch of racist cacs, but if Jamaica excelled like I know it could and reached it's potential, I would have moved there myself ages ago. Until then, I'm considering elsewhere.