Jamaica is a wicked ass nation

Oldschooler

All Star
Daps
Sorry to hear what happened to you breh I feel for you. The worst part is losing all your valuables and history because rebuilding just takes some dedication, time and money.

I hate to say this but there's a reason our families moved and will continue to move from these countries....even with all the racism and BS we deal with daily in the western world there is still some type of law and order which exists and gives us a sense of security. The mentality there is backwards, be it from poverty, cultural issues as a result of severe systemic racism and sheer ignorance. A lot of it stems from very poor moral and family values.

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
I couldn't agree more. What else is there to do, keep voting corrupt politicians into power who devour all the resources for themselves while leaving the country in shambles? It's been a never-ending cycle since our great great grand parents. It's time for something different.

The only thing that worries me is the way the Chinese are practically only using Chinese labor to grow Jamaica, which does nothing for creating Jamaican jobs. But China and Jamaica date back a very, very long time. Many Jamaicans have Chinese blood somewhere down their family tree, as well. But anyway I'm straying off topic but yeah, I hate to admit it but at this point I'd rather take my chances with the Chinese "help" as well.
I don't mean to sound ignorant or anything, (and just to be clear I don't know that much about Jamaica, or your military), but if the corruption is as bad as y'all say ..then what's stopping 3 million people from staging a coup? Do y'all have anything equivalent to the U.S 2nd amendment?

I can google, but I'd rather hear from folks who have roots there.

Last edited:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Jamaica is just inherently evil, there are poorer nations and the crime is nowhere as bad.

And this is just homicides, not counting all the robberies, rapes etc.

Bring back the GALLOWS
View attachment 29903
Damn VI get it popping like that :damn:

Guess no more trips there for me.....

Man St. Thomas is one of the most beautiful islands too. Shame...

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
Delaware native shot and killed in Jamaica on Saturday, police confirm
Police seek man in connection with American tourist’s killing

Look man, I've seen several stories over the years. Stop being obtuse, because you don't want to research.

That what i hate about this site, they want everyone to look up shyt for them.
You did the research for me.

Black expats are more likely to be harmed, you posted a comprehensive study on that. Point proven.

White people, as a whole, are protected in that country due to their proximity to wealth and tourism.

You’re actually the one being obtuse. It is not hard to admit that Jamaica is a racist country with a racist history. Plain and simple.

Add in poverty to that mix and black expats become targets. It’s not hard to admit.

Last edited:

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Jamaica has been targeting expats for the longest time. It’s exactly why my nan didn’t wanna move back. Buying a house in Jamaica has always been a retirement plan of mine but you pretty much have to buy in one of the gated communities in Negril or MoBay to feel like you’re safe :snoop:

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Today I woke up to my family home in Jamaica being burned to the ground down by some fakkit. My grandma and grandpa built that house (rest their soul) and are buried on that land. And now everything is gone, all the photos, the heirlooms all their belongings everything. One dinky ass fire struck with a little dinky hose took like an hour to arrive.

Sorry to hear, which part you ppl from

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Jamaica has been targeting expats for the longest time. It’s exactly why my nan didn’t wanna move back. Buying a house in Jamaica has always been a retirement plan of mine but you pretty much have to buy in one of the gated communities in Negril or MoBay to feel like you’re safe :snoop:

Same, my parents get called "Foreign" when they go back cos they moved to UK

MoBay is just not JA to me, just full or tourists and american dollars, at most when Im in JA I go there for weekend hotel stay

All about Half Way Tree, Kingston
:wow: