Jamaica is a wicked ass nation

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
That's why some Jamaicans have decided to retire in some of the other islands, which they shouldn't even have to do. It's sad. There are cities with many times the population that don't have nearly as much murders.

And yeah, apart from the homicides, some of the shyt that happens out there will make your head spin. There's no deterrent though because the court system is shyt and most of the police are corrupt as fukk.

Yeah when my uncle was retiring he was thinking of returning to Jamaica and building a house with my aunt who is bajan. The fam begged him to retire to Barbados, rather than risk Jamaica.

Its disgusting that he couldnt return home to see out his retirement. But thankfully they're safe over there.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Interesting never knew that. Wow that’s messed up

And this after they begged us to come here in the first place and clean up their mess during and after WW2. We made it what it what is and this country would be a pile of shyt if it wasn't for us, but now they're sending whoever they can back after all their contributions.

I know a lot of Jamaicans in Florida who definitely don't wish to return, because the way they look at it, they live in a similar climate and can grow the same crops without the danger factor.

I read somewhere that the Jamaica diaspora alone sends back over $3 billion to Jamaica every year. There's so much combined wealth and talent that would benefit the island immensely and pretty much turn it into a first world country, but the thugs have fukked up it for the diaspora and the good people in their communities.

I know Barbados is the better choice for retirement but that's not our island and it's not fair on them.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Yeah when my uncle was retiring he was thinking of returning to Jamaica and building a house with my aunt who is bajan. The fam begged him to retire to Barbados, rather than risk Jamaica.

Its disgusting that he couldnt return home to see out his retirement. But thankfully they're safe over there.

Sadly that is the better choice, although I could see it becoming an issue if a whole influx of Jamaicans started to move there. But your safety comes first.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Let me guess you're ethiopian and got offended:russell:?

Ethiopia owes the Chinese the second most amount of debt after Angola (in Africa).
Ethiopia ($13.5 billion) owed to chinese. That's nearly 20% of their GDP:gucci:
Angola Angola ($25 billion) owed to Chinese

Ethiopia has like the third most amount of Chinese living in Africa.

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps
My dad retired last year and he went back to Jamaica a couple weeks ago until April. There's still mad family over there for him though so he's chillin.

Also since man mentioned deportees

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
It's more than poverty, though. On the different islands, there have always been different degrees of poverty and sections that are poor. And developing country Poverty is REAL.
The squatting isn't new, but the targeting and kidnapping of returnees is relatively new. As are the executions. It's not enough to take money, now they have to kill people.
Wasn't like this before.
get a gun license or send some guns over from here in a container. ain't no way i'm making outta the streets here to go die out there. we gon bang out!

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
A weird coincidence this thread was made. I was just speaking to my boy about Jamaica... and homie went in on them and their lack of “culture” and “fatherless-ness.” I tried to defend Jamaica as I’m cool with a few Jamos but breh made a compelling argument.

If we’re keeping it real, historically, the slaves that were sent to Jamaica were the rebels, the most violent of them all. So it’s really no surprise to see what’s going on today.

My ex’s sister and her brother in law went to Jamaica and got robbed on their honeymoon. In the tourist spots where they were meant to be safe. That shyt was fukked up. Thank god they weren’t murdered.

Almost every Jamaican I know that was born here is.... you know what, let me stop before I get accused of being :mjpls:. Everyone in this thread has pretty much echoed the same sentiments.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sorry to hear. I am from country as well. My family sold off our land- just not safe. It’s so sad and hurts the country. If Jamaicans felt safe, we would return in our latter years. I plan to visit often- but it will be tourist experiences as home base and trickle in with fam and our people dem. I need to find out the procedure for a foreign gun license.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
You know what? That's a shady ass comment and I feel some type of way about it. You're also 100% correct too.

For clarity I'm referring to the retirees who are mostly good folks. Barbados isn't a huge place. I would also say the same thing if it was the other way around and Bajans were moving to Jamaica in droves.

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
Sadly that is the better choice, although I could see it becoming an issue if a whole influx of Jamaicans started to move there. But your safety comes first.

Yeah, it's messed up. My dad is contemplating it. We have a lot of fam in Saint Elizabeth so you'd expect he'd be ok. But even his weary.

He's been away too long, and would also be classed as a 'foreigner'

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Let me guess you're ethiopian and got offended:russell:?

Ethiopia owes the Chinese the second most amount of debt after Angola (in Africa).
Ethiopia ($13.5 billion) owed to chinese. That's nearly 20% of their GDP:gucci:
Angola Angola ($25 billion) owed to Chinese

Ethiopia has like the third most amount of Chinese living in Africa.

Ethiopian? No.
Offended? No.