Jalen Brunson signs $156M extension with Knicks; Gives up chance at 5-year $269M contract in 2025

How critical is this for NYK?

• Total voters

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
that there Bunson is a stand up guy
I84hJjJ.gif

John from Ronkonkoma is pleased

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Star player signs supermax extension - “Wow, he’s fukkin the salary cap up and not giving his team the opportunity to build long term”

Star player signs extension a year early to give his team flexibility long term - “Nah, they need to investigate because the league and NBAPA shouldn’t allow this”
:ahh:

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Dallas tried to short Jalen now he's taking a discount and giving the Knicks one of the best value contracts in the league :wow:

Jalen was getting a statue for last year alone lol
Most beloved Knick of my lifetime, which basically means the 2000s...it's gonna have to be some real calculation on the franchise's side if they try to fukk dude over at any point

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I'm surprised the players' union allowed this to happen.

smh they paying this nikka under the table... now they can extend Bridges after 2026... Silver better investigate
11595-9964d8853dbe106134aa0807e9096d1f.jpg

Yeah the league gotten open up an investigation into this one and I’m sure the NBPA is not happy either

What is there to investigate?
This was the maximum extension they could offer him this offseason
Obviously there's benefits for the Knicks but him turning it down would also be a risk
What if Brunson tears his ACL in game 1 next year and is never the same player again? He would never get paid. We've seen players turn down extensions for bigger money down the line and it blew up in their faces

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Star player signs supermax extension - “Wow, he’s fukkin the salary cap up and not giving his team the opportunity to build long term”

Star player signs extension a year early to give his team flexibility long term - “Nah, they need to investigate because the league and NBAPA shouldn’t allow this”
:ahh:

You don't think getting paid $39 million/year vs getting paid a 5 year max of $83 million/year is a hell a discount though?

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
John from Ronkonkoma is pleased
John from Ronkonkoma is gonna expect every player to do the same shyt now.

Weah doing something special here bro. Haven't youah made enough? Don't youah have enough, ya know bling bling and money foah youah posse? So Julius, foah youah team, foah us, please take the vet minimum. I'll hang up and listen.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
What is there to investigate?
This was the maximum extension they could offer him this offseason
Obviously there's benefits for the Knicks but him turning it down would also be a risk
What if Brunson tears his ACL in game 1 next year and is never the same player again? He would never get paid. We've seen players turn down extensions for bigger money down the line and it blew up in their faces