Jalen Brunson signs $156M extension with Knicks; Gives up chance at 5-year $269M contract in 2025

How critical is this for NYK?

• Total voters

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
I agree bro. I'm all for players wanting to win but giving up 113 guaranteed million is not a smart move. Tomorrow is not promised so grab that bread while you can.
Exactly, and I have a pretty shyt memory, but I can’t think of 1 example of any player benefitting from a move like this, or a team that is not already a championship team benefiting from shyt like this. I know some already championship teams, their established stars might take a pay cut for shyt like this, and some vets that are chasing rings will take vet mins to joint already championship teams, but the fukking knicks have a history of signing big name players on the decline to big money, long term contracts, and NEVER doing anything of any significance, and the big name players always end up folding under the stress of the NY media/fans. On top of all of it, Dolan is an all time fukking idiot.

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
I agree bro. I'm all for players wanting to win but giving up 113 guaranteed million is not a smart move. Tomorrow is not promised so grab that bread while you can.
That's literally what he did though. He took the money today because he could hurt himself tomorrow and never see that contract again. He didn't give up any money, he took the max he could get today without risking injury.

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Exactly, and I have a pretty shyt memory, but I can’t think of 1 example of any player benefitting from a move like this, or a team that is not already a championship team benefiting from shyt like this. I know some already championship teams, their established stars might take a pay cut for shyt like this, and some vets that are chasing rings will take vet mins to joint already championship teams, but the fukking knicks have a history of signing big name players on the decline to big money, long term contracts, and NEVER doing anything of any significance, and the big name players always end up folding under the stress of the NY media/fans. On top of all of it, Dolan is an all time fukking idiot.
You're living in the past. Dolan has been hands off for well over a decade now. And rose doesn't act like the old knicks management as shown over the last few years.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Again, nobody making 40M a year is concerned with a state's cost of living.

You're vastly overstating NY tax rates. He is very far off from turning down 300M for 50M.
I never mentioned even close to that in my comment. You did.

The NY tax is brutal compared to other states. That is a fact. Hell, taxes is one of the reasons why KCP turned down Denver for Orlando.

The fact that he wouldn’t be concerned about the cost of living is irrelevant to my point as I don’t believe that players should leave that type of money on the table as it benefits the owners more.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I never mentioned even close to that in my comment. You did.

The NY tax is brutal compared to other states. That is a fact. Hell, taxes is one of the reasons why KCP turned down Denver for Orlando.

The fact that he wouldn’t be concerned about the cost of living is irrelevant to my point as I don’t believe that players should leave that type of money on the table as it benefits the owners more.
Why are you responding to me with specific points on a response to @Braman with numbers first brought up by @calh45 ? :jbhmm:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I stand corrected, but you made similar comments as that poster with the only difference being the numbers used.
You stand corrected on what?

And for you also, you're overstating NY tax rates. This is not someone making 150K a year. By your logic everyone should play in Florida, Texas, and Memphis.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Great contract for the Knicks but Brunson is a fckn idiot for leaving all that dough on the table...at the height of his powers hes earned every nickel and giving it back to an asswipe like Dolan is fukkn crazy....his agency and team are dumbasses.

shyt like this you respect Kobe more and more everyday.

If he dont win a ring hes going to regret this in 10 years not maximizing his earnings when he played above and beyond his contract numbers...

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Owner still has to spend the money. He’s just spreading it amongst his boys.

Dont spread it amongst ur boys cuz they didnt do it like you did it...He was wildy underpaid on his initial contract and then willingly took less on the 2nd is just crazy to me...fukk the team,rings get all the bread you can....

Fani Willis fan

Man What
Daps
I don’t think hes lost enough to be that desperate to win so early in his prime. They better be signing a legit supernova to leave that much on the table.