Jalen Brunson signs $156M extension with Knicks; Gives up chance at 5-year $269M contract in 2025

How critical is this for NYK?

• Total voters

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
This is bullshyt from a fan perspective, because I hate to see the players doing shyt that their billionaire owners would NEVER fukking do, they just aren’t willing to go too far into the luxury taxes. At the end of the day, all you Knick fans that applauding this, just relax, and remember that it’s still the knicks lol and ownership is completely fukking stupid, as long as Dolan owns the knicks, it’s not gonna happen!
Jalen gave up millions to that dumb fukk as if they have enough to win a chip :russ:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
He's gonna make $40m a year for the rest of his career if he stays healthy

His grandkids are good

shyt :heh:

I mean thats essentially what we talking about. He gon be good regardless. His future kids gon be good regardless. But when you start turning down 100 million now we gotta start doing math for grandkids and after

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He could easily have an Isiah Thomas trajectory. Should've took as much money as he could :hubie:
Actually, the potential for an Isiah Thomas situation is reason for him to sign NOW though.

Because we’re all just assuming he’s gonna be healthy and nothing is gonna happen to him next year. He signed the max he could possibly get today and locked it in, instead of risking it. :yeshrug:

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
I absolutely hate how the sports industry has brainwashed people into thinking giving millions back to a BILLION dollar organization is somehow noble :mjlol:

But let Jalens play fall off, the Knicks would cut/trade him in a Heartbeat.

He a dam fool imo
They talking about his godfather Leon Rose wouldn't trade him. If Doc Rivers can trade his own son anybody can be traded. If im Mikal bridges Id be like look we boys and all but I'm taking the max

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
People talking bout family relationships

Like they all ain't gonna look out for themselves if Dolan say he ain't wanna pay full freight next time Brunson becomes eligible.....in fact I would bet money now they will ask for a pay cut next time too

The same nikkas patting Brunson on the back will ask why py a small guard that kinda money four years from now

I will say this
...Dolan should be on the phone with every business partner he has and tell them they are now in the Brunson endorsement business.....every last one

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
:picard:

And people are out here killing Bron and the Lakers for nepotism.

The Knicks are so rampant with nepotism that they straight up violating every rule. Rick Brunson getting 12ms a year? For what?

They got father/son/godfathers/agents running the whole joint.

Jalen just casually leaving 120ms on the table? You just know those nikkas threw him an absolute bag under the table too.

Ain’t no way they didn’t when they running their entire operation like the mob

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
The team/rose manages to do something no other team has ever done and reunite a ncaa championship roster together who are all best friends to this day, the only way they would be able to keep it together going forward was if some people take less.(still took the max) Some people value things more than money. Keep in mind he will still have earned over 200 million by time he can re-up. Seems pretty straight forward.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The team/rose manages to do something no other team has ever done and reunite a ncaa championship roster together who are all best friends to this day, the only way they would be able to keep it together going forward was if some people take less.(still took the max) Some people value things more than money. Keep in mind he will still have earned over 200 million by time he can re-up. Seems pretty straight forward.
It's a move for Mikal to resign to a similar deal so they can make that Nets pick in 2031 worthless :wow: