Ja says he would cook MJ

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
The gap between him and others is as big because he personally denied a lot of mothafukkas from that era from winning. The lore is what it is because it’s warranted. Y’all wanna say “oh Nike this, hype machine that”, but the reality of the situation is Mike was just that different.

Also how is his defense highly exaggerated when he won DPOY as a guard and has 9 All NBA First Team selections? What’s exaggerated?

Ja is expected to be confident but he ain’t beating MJ. Even if you don’t think MJ is goat I don’t know anyone who seriously would think Ja would beat MJ, prolly one of the goat 1-1 players ever.

Yeah we’re overrating a guy with 10 scoring titles, 6 rings with two three peats, 6 fmvps, highest finals ppg ever, highest career ppg ever,dpoy with 9 first team all defensive selections, 3x steals leader, 5 mvps. Yeah what a bum:mjlol:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Also how is his defense highly exaggerated when he won DPOY as a guard and has 9 All NBA First Team selections? What’s exaggerated?
Can you break down Michael Jordan’s defensive game from strengths to weaknesses and explain how he would be able to hold someone like Morant man-to-man with the defensive rules of the 80’s and 90’s?

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
Can you break down Michael Jordan’s defensive game from strengths to weaknesses and explain how he would be able to hold someone like Morant man-to-man with the defensive rules of the 80’s and 90’s?

The real question is how would Ja hold someone like MJ from scoring? MJ is three inches taller, stronger, better finisher at the rim, goat midrange (Ja has little to no midrange game yet), etc. Ja isn’t a good defender at all…….this is laughable :mjlol:

Even MJ haters’ favorite player wouldn’t take Ja over MJ :mjlol:

Broad Street Bully

Sick & Tide Sixers/Phillies/Cowboys fan smh
Daps
Reppin
Philly. Fucc a Eagle. I mean dat.
At
Naw but you can explain with Ja’s limited shooting ability how he’s gonna be able to even make a game with Jordan with those rules. shyt all he would need to do for real is to hand check Ja and it’s a wrap. I could see if this was a true three level scorer like a Steph Curry or shyt even a nikka like Dame (Dame wouldn’t stand a chance either) but Ja, at this current juncture, ain’t got a fully elevated game to even make this a conversation and you know it.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The real question is how would Ja hold someone like MJ from scoring? MJ is three inches taller, stronger, better finisher at the rim, goat midrange (Ja has little to no midrange game yet), etc. Ja isn’t a good defender at all…….this is laughable :mjlol:

Facts. I hate on MJ but this lil nikka is doin coke :mjlol:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

At

Naw but you can explain with Ja’s limited shooting ability how he’s gonna be able to even make a game with Jordan with those rules. shyt all he would need to do for real is to hand check Ja and it’s a wrap. I could see if this was a true three level scorer like a Steph Curry or shyt even a nikka like Dame (Dame wouldn’t stand a chance either) but Ja, at this current juncture, ain’t got a fully elevated game to even make this a conversation and you know it.
I assumed Ja is talking about a game, 5-on-5 basketball. Throughout the course of a game Ja would smoke MJ that’s what I got out of it.

If it’s one-on-one than Jordan would win the majority of the time but Ja could also beat him. NBA players are pretty much unstoppable one-on-one. In fact it’s possible Ja and Jordan could both lose in a hypothetical one-on-one game against much lesser players.

For example De’Anthony Melton could beat Ja in a one-on-one game any given day in practice.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know y'all ain't in here comparing Ja to Mark Price :mjlol:

Mark Price is like the most underrated PG of all time and a phenomenal shooter. Ja can't shoot for shyt:russ:
This is sarcasm, right?

You’re really in here saying Ja Morant isn’t on Mark Price’s level?

jeff-bridges-what.gif

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Did you even WATCH the video :dahell: Mark Price was nasty as hell and would have been a BEAST is this era :martin: hell he used to give Zeke and the Pistons that work :mjcry:

:pachaha:

Did some nuclear bomb wipe out the White American basketball-playing population in the year 2000? What happened to all these "nasty" white guards who were making all-star teams in the 1990s but haven't done shyt since then?

In the 1990s you had Stockton, Price, Mullin, Hornacek, Ainge, Majerle all made at least one all-star game. Price and Stockton were 1st-team All-NBA. Ehlo, Majerle, Hornacek were all battling MJ in huge playoff series, Paxson and Kerr were hitting game-winners in the Finals.....what happened?

You have to admit that the game has passed them by. Mark Price was developing in the 1970s when lots of Black players still weren't getting opportunities and international players weren't in the picture at all. Against modern competition he'd be lucky to make the league at 6'0" with limited athleticism, and he sure as hell wouldn't be starting or getting 1st-team All-NBA nods.

Comparing his moves to Ja Morant is disrespectful. If Price could get buckets on MJ then Ja could cook him. Ja is 10x the athlete that Price ever was.

Daps
Dude will struggle to get double digits in points in 10 straight games against MJ if MJ locked in on him in all those games. And MJ will drop 40-50 at will on the oppossing end. This nikka tripping

I have a game on my channel from the 1986/87 season when Jordan averaged 37. MJ locked down this dude and dropped 61 at the other end:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
The gap between him and others is as big because he personally denied a lot of mothafukkas from that era from winning. The lore is what it is because it’s warranted. Y’all wanna say “oh Nike this, hype machine that”, but the reality of the situation is Mike was just that different.

His defense is highly exaggerated. I've been watching Bulls game in full for weeks and his defense is mid.

His lazy as hell most of the RS games. He just wants to play the passing lane and catch you in blind spots. He does have elite hands and can disrupt you in the post but he's not trying to move his feet and his BBQ chicken way too often. Based on what I've seen. Pippen is by far their best defender. Probably the only one that would be a good defender in the modern NBA. Harper is decent on D. Rodman D isn't close to his Detroit days. He gets beat to spots too much and he's way too unmotivated in the RS games I've watched. Longley isn't a bad defender for this era but he would be BBQ chicken in this era.

The illegal defense rule lead to a lot of lazy Basketball on both ends. But MJ was more lazy than I would have liked to see. That said, in today's NBA, he wouldn't be playing 45 mins a game and doing stupid shyt like that as they don't waste offensive possessions in today's NBA as they did in the 90s.

So it's kinda unfair. MJ when he locked defensively, on the possessions he locked in actually played good D. The problem was, he just wasn't that engaged on that end unless he's playing the passing lanes or for stocks.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
At

No one in any era is hand checking Ja Morant. That's an easy way to get clowned on.

I am watching prime MJ live game right now, he would get murdered by Ja. As would anyone in the 90s and guys of today. You can't guard him without the team. It's impossible.