Ja Morant Is Back To His Old Ways; Caught With Another Gun On IG Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I like Jalen Rose, but I got the impression during the pregame that he felt he had to be the one copping pleas for Ja.
Just interviewed him weeks ago about the last incident. Exact same thing happens again and Jalen is talking that "he's just 23 years old, I made mistakes at that age too" stuff.

He seemed to be pandering.
I agree he felt a sense of responsibility to add context to the situation without defending him at the same time.

There should be an “on code” response when it’s required. Many times it isn’t. I don’t believe in what Ja did and he needs to be punished. The handwringing, thug culture talk is just overboard because it plays into white people’s demonization of us, further allowing us to be killed innocently.

Compare this response to the flat out support received by Kyle Rittenhouse for actually using a gun to kill unarmed people. Their code kept him out of prison, while were trying to lock up and throw the key away on Ja Morant.

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
Fixing up houses doesn’t help anything if the people in them don’t take ownership and keep them up. That’s the issue, the community needs ownership. People need the ability to work and own their community, that way people are more likely to want to keep things up, making more people want to come, live, and invest.

I didn’t drop details but that would be the goal. Let the residents then buy the homes. Inject their money into businesses and real estate in the community thus improving the economic standing of the residents and hopefully changing their mind set along the way. Hopefully culminating and self sustaining economics and security.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I've never been fired from a job in my life and I'm currently self-employed, and I didn't have to walk around shook of the white man either to accomplish such. I did and said whatever the fukk I wanted and got paid handsomely for it.
Are you calling yourself “uppity” for never being fired from a job that you accused everyone else of doing in calling out Ja’s dumb ass?

Hypocrite much?

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I never said which was worse or not but when I was in Memphis the downtown area was nice and safe. I can’t say the same at all about most Memphis neighborhoods, shyt just as grimey like St. Louis and Baltimore. I’d definitely rather be in Chicago than Memphis no offense.

:duck:
Dog, Novi is like 40 minutes away, that’s the country. A black face will stick out like a sore thumb out there.

I have no idea what I’m talking about or you just don’t know what I’m talking about? Make up your mind son. :hmm:

There are possibly 2 streets in downtown Memphis you could be talking about and it’s only nice for like 3 blocks. That area adjacent to RedBirds stadium, thats it. Anywhere else and you better be on your shyt.

My point with Detroit is yeah there are suburbs you can run off to, even if it’s 30 minutes away. 30 minutes is nothing. I work quite a bit in Novi and no that’s not the country, it’s plenty of businesses, homes, restaurants, shopping centers, etc…out there.

You drive 30 minutes outside of Memphis and you in the middle of nowhere Arkansas, Mississippi, or the forests of Tennessee. There ain’t shyt out there. I’m not talking country as in outside the city in the suburbs,I’m talking country like corn fields, soybeans, cotton, meth labs, thick forest, no stop lights, etc….

The only spot in Memphis I can think of that’s nice and safe is all the way in East Collierville directly adjacent to aforementioned forests.

If I was an NBA player I wouldn’t want to be in Memphis because there isn’t a separation of hood shyt, normal life, and rich people life. What I mean is that it’s all mixed together. I remember seeing Mike Conley, Z-Bo, Tony Allen, etc……all the time in random ass bars and I was thinking “what the hell he doing in here” but then realized “well where else he gonna go”. :heh:

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Naw, this ain’t his boys fault.

Ja knew he was recording. Ja was all up in the camera on purpose performing.

His friend didn’t expect his dumb ass to up the pistol, which is why he moved the camera off him real quick. Ja was just fine with flashing the pistol on camera again.

Dude is just a dumbass. Nobody can save him from his dumbass self.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
FqZm1WzWwAAWKhT.jpg

:snoop:

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
I agree he felt a sense of responsibility to add context to the situation without defending him at the same time.

There should be an “on code” response when it’s required. Many times it isn’t. I don’t believe in what Ja did and he needs to be punished. The handwringing, thug culture talk is just overboard because it plays into white people’s demonization of us, further allowing us to be killed innocently.

Compare this response to the flat out support received by Kyle Rittenhouse for actually using a gun to kill unarmed people. Their code kept him out of prison, while were trying to lock up and throw the key away on Ja Morant.

After someone disappoints and misbehaves REPEATEDLY after you have gone to "bat for them", people are not obligated to stay "on code" for them. Ja got into a previous incident like a few months ago. Jalen conducted an interview where he seemed remorseful and he does this AGAIN in less than 3 months and lets not always compare ourselves to the degenerate acts of white people such as defending and staying on code for a white supremacist like Kyle Rittenhouse.

Why are so many cats just adverse and adamant about not taking accountability. NOBODY is trying to LOCK UP and throw away the key the man was afforded a second chance and a chance to restore his image still hold on to his high earnings from his contract with the Grizzlies, his contracts with consumer goods companies like Gatorade and Nike. So let's stop with the hyperbole. He has already earned $39m in his career from his playing contract alone and will earn a cumulative gross $233M by the end of 2027-2028 not counting endorsement deals.

I think we suffer from the syndrome that since we (Black people) have been marginalized from almost half a millenium and constantly mistreated, there is this automatic mechanism to defend one of our own AT ALL COSTS and that's not right especially if the people we defend repeatedly make the same mistakes and essentially make us look foolish and stupid for defending them in the first place. It demonstrates that Ja doesn't give a damn about people who went to bat for him and gave him advice on how to move. So why the hell are we supposed to keep on defending him, when he keeps shytting on those who defend him.

Lastly, you have your head in the sand if you think it "plays in the hands of white people" demonizing us when you listen to the soundtrack of Ja's behavior in that car absolute unequivocal thug , degenerate, genocidal music. So how the hell is the huge culture talk overboard when you have the man in question listening to that constantly as a soundtrack to when he is getting in trouble and hanging around ppl (HIS ppl not randos) who put red beams on other people in a basketball venue? Casually pointing red beams to ppl who have done nothing to you is not thug behavior?

There is plenty in his twitter and digital footprint when he is talking about being "still on dat" and being superthug/tough guy. SO how is the thug culture talk overboard when the person in question has claimed the he is one and aspires to be one?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.