Status
Not open for further replies.

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
It’s illegal to own guns in this country?

Would it be OK if he were holding a rifle next to a dead deer after a hunting trip?

Yes, context matters. How old are you and these other Ja defenders? It's like yall lack BASIC common sense, and the shyt is bewildering. But I guess when you're raised on that 'fukk the rules' mentality, Ja's behavior seems perfectly acceptable.

Made Man

All Star
Daps
He stupid for putting himself in this position so close to the last incident, but I don’t understand what the issue is if he’s at his home and is not pointing it at anyone or the camera .

The last incident was a big deal because of potentially transporting it on the plane and having it in the arena . Im not feeling this one . Screams to me that a young black man can’t have a gun because it looks a “way”.

Made Man

All Star
Daps
Yes, context matters. How old are you and these other Ja defenders? It's like yall lack BASIC common sense, and the shyt is bewildering. But I guess when you're raised on that 'fukk the rules' mentality, Ja's behavior seems perfectly acceptable.
I’m 34, what are the rules regarding owning a gun in the NBA?

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Don’t care he’s well within his rights to flash a gun. Just as others are well within their right to flash their guns while hunting.

Both actions are elements of gun culture. And both are legal. One element shouldn’t be punished just because it’s Blacker. FOH.

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
It’s illegal to own guns in this country?

Would it be OK if he were holding a rifle next to a dead deer after a hunting trip?
Pretty sure they all sign contracts about being NBA representative while playing for the NBA...with a code of conduct ...

Plus the gilbert arenas.....he had to know

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Don’t care he’s well within his rights to flash a gun. Just as others are well within their right to flash their guns while hunting.

Both actions are elements of gun culture. And both are legal. One element shouldn’t be punished just because it’s Blacker. FOH.

Why won't the NBA or the Grizzlies make this argument on Ja's behalf?

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
He stupid for putting himself in this position so close to the last incident, but I don’t understand what the issue is if he’s at his home and is not pointing it at anyone or the camera .

The last incident was a big deal because of potentially transporting it on the plane and having it in the arena . Im not feeling this one . Screams to me that a young black man can’t have a gun because it looks a “way”.
Lotta folks overreacting frfr if it was Luka riding around with Boris, Vlad, & Ivan it wouldnt even be an issue

Made Man

All Star
Daps
Pretty sure they all sign contracts about being NBA representative while playing for the NBA...with a code of conduct ...

Plus the gilbert arenas.....he had to know
Gilbert Arenas was inside a team facility , not the same .

Daps
He could film himself shooting that very same handgun at a range and he’d be OK too.

Anyone who can’t see why the videos that got him in trouble are unacceptable for the face of a franchise and a face of the league is a special kind of dumb.

Made Man

All Star
Daps
He could film himself shooting that very same handgun at a range and he’d be OK too.

Anyone who can’t see why the videos that got him in trouble are unacceptable for the face of a franchise and a face of the league is a special kind of dumb.
So if Brett Farve, Larry Bird, Kevin Love filmed himself listening to Garth Brooks in wrangler jeans holding a sniper rifle in the woods it’s ok?

I’m not arguing if he’s making smart decisions(he’s not), what im saying is, he shouldn’t be vilified or demonized or suspended for owning a gun and showing you that he owns one . The other incindent was because he possibly brought the weapon to NBA facilities… this feels a little Mark Cuban” black guy hoodie” ish to me .

Made Man

All Star
Daps
So...I don't think they extended the rules beyond I? To avoid all guns incident??? If they didn't .. ja Morant should be able to sue them.
That’s what I’m saying. People are in here talking about following the rules ….what are the rules? Im genuinely curious?

Can he not own a gun ?
Can he not post or film himself with a gun?
Can he not carry a gun ?

Status
Not open for further replies.