Ja Morant Is Back To His Old Ways; Caught With Another Gun On IG Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
my brother in christ, Ja Morant has been linked to at least 3 incidents of assault and harassment, 2 of which involved guns, even BEFORE the Denver incident.
i respect what your saying, dont get me wrong, but to be fair this wasnt one of those incidents, and hes not a felon

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
It's clear that a lot of the posters here did not ever read their company's policy manual...that they signed.

I don't think he'll get the full season, but at least 20 games...and he's no longer a Memphis Grizzly, nor will he be a face of the league going forward.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
thats what im saying, players allowed to smoke weed and drink liq and hit the strip club but they can legally posses a firearm

seems silly
They can have guns in accordance to their state laws but the guns have to be registered with the NBA, if not it’s a CBA violation and grounds for suspension.

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's clear that a lot of the posters here did not ever read their company's policy manual...that they signed.

I don't think he'll get the full season, but at least 20 games...and he's no longer a Memphis Grizzly, nor will he be a face of the league going forward.
at one point in this country slavery was standard policy

we can critique if policy isnt fair :yeshrug: kinda wack to draw the line at legally possessing a gun when the nba allows liquor drinking, weed smoking, and liq advertising:yeshrug: they probably allow gun manufacturer ads too :heh:

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They can have guns in accordance to their state laws but the guns have to be registered with the NBA, if not it’s a CBA violation and grounds for suspension.
ahhh i see

ok thats fair you got me there :salute:

question still stands, is the backlash from america too severe :ohhh:

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think the other side we arent discussing is this

is there an overreaction by america because this young black man was legally carrying a firearm?

typically america does that to young black men and i think its a fair question

would the backlash have been the same if Luka did this, because I doubt it

and theres historical evidence to support this
Y’all know EXACTLY what them guns are gonna be used for lol.

Nobody has a problem with athletes legally owning guns but yall know exactly what the whole driving around in a car full of nikkas, flashing guns at the camera and listening to NBA Youngboy image portrays.:mjlol:

Niggthaniel Essex

13th Floor/Growing Old
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Owning guns isn’t illegal in America. He’s not a felon. On what grounds do they have to repramend him for having a fire arm on his property ?

You really need to ask this question?

Not only does he represent the Grizzlies and the NBA, he's one of the main stars. The NBA and/or the Grizzlies are within their right to reprimand him how they see fit, or at least to the degree of what's agreed upon between the NBPA and the league.

Nobody is commenting on the illegality of what he did. He ain't going to jail.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Some of you guys are being dense. If you don’t suspend him, what’s stopping every player from flashing their gun on IG. Now imagine how much money the league is going to lose if they go that route and sponsors are gonna back out. Bu bu but he’s not breaking the rules!!!

Also he’s one of the most influential young players in the league. If you don’t suspend him, you are letting the young guys who look up at him potentially follow in his foot steps.
They are being dense because they are ignoring that just in the past year he’s been accused of fighting teenagers multiple times, pointing guns at Pacers staff, fighting Footlocker employees, bringing a gun to another city, all things that NBA has been soft on in hopes of he eventually learns. He repays them by making a fool out of them just two months after.

If someone is getting into that many confrontations, is willing to point guns at them, eventually he will be dumb enough to go a step further. You can’t give him the benefit of the doubt anymore.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
i respect what your saying, dont get me wrong, but to be fair this wasnt one of those incidents, and hes not a felon
For a company like the NBA, that does not matter. Morant has shown and/or been associated with acts and imagery that have fostered a image of irresponsible gun ownership at best, causing violence and threatening gun homicide at worst. And mind you, the League probably knows a lot more than we do.

So under these circumstances, idk how its a debate that Morant is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.