Status
Not open for further replies.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m not going to completely discount it could have been a serious post. He clearly has a drinking problem which is likely related to some other mental health or stress issues. He could really be cracking under all the pressure.

Hope he gets some real help, none of that fake 2 week rehab shyt.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that this is suicide stuff. Seems more likely he's been informed what the NBA decision is, and part of it is likely him leaving social media for awhile.

Need to tell his potnahs to stay off the shyt too when he's around. No videos, no pics of him. Nothing.

And keep himself out of situations/places that will fukk up his bread.

Agent probably had calls with Nike, Silver, Powerade and hit Ja with the news that shyt ain't looking good and he gotta take a nice break. :francis:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
they are just raised with more awareness about mental health.
But they are encouraged to let people know and if they're suffering also bringing awareness to it and portraying a victim gets them viewed as courageous for coming forward.
I'm not against it but too many times things like that can be done privately through therapy or whatever treatment they need.
There's a reason teams hire sports psychologists treating an athlete should be private.
:beli: Bingo. You buried the lede

Chris Rock said it best there’s 4 modern ways to standout 1 is be a victim.

So as most of us are the OGs every last one of us should sound like me, sounding the alarm and maybe making a dent in this shyt

Instead ‘mmmm it’s mental health’ just coddling it and making it worse. Y’all have fell for the con that this type of behavior can be “fixed” with therapy. Meanwhile therapy and ‘’mental health’ is as promoted and prevalent as ever yet more folk then ever are killing themselves, especially black folk…especially black men :jbhmm:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
People using ‘mental health’ as a base, impunity, is dirty.

Even if we mean well, it’s compounding the problem. Like yea let’s just keep validating people’s insecurities, bad behavior, and fears.

Simple innate human psychology: if a baby starts crying and 100 people rush to its side what is that baby gon learn?

Braman

Superstar
Daps
He a functioning alcoholic. That's the problem and he dabbling in coke. He need rehab
Now this is low key the most logical thing. Any athlete/celeb you see randomly turnt and reckless it’s likely coke. AB, the other AB, prime Mike, etc

But nah, let’s go with

‘hE gOt dA mEnTaL hEaLtH’

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Broadly, vaguely saying ‘it’s a mental health thing’ is like saying ‘he has a diet’. Like no shyt, every human being has a ‘diet’ good or bad. What you eat is your diet .

And every human being who happens to have a brain and can think, has “mental health”. So it’s a completely useless term in this context

What you might MEAN to say is mental illness. Which i don’t believe applies here , but it at least would mean you’re actually opining. Simply saying ‘mental health’ adds NOTHING to the conversation if there’s no specificity. Then we wonder why people (rightfully) roll their eyes and assume it’s an excuse when people vaguely cite ‘’mental health’.
I meant exactly what I said :mjlol:

You’re seemingly trying to say that his behavior has nothing to do with his mental health.. so what is it to you then?

Because when I see a nikka point a gun to his head, it means more than just “I’m gangster” like you’re in this thread implying that thats all it is

Status
Not open for further replies.