J Fold- 7 minute Apology (redacted Kendrick Lamar dis)

Braman

Superstar
Daps
What's the story with the Diddy Kendrick incident. I've heard a few on here allude to it in the past.

Diddy ‘pressed’ kendrick —-I believe poured a drink on him —-over the ‘king of NY’ line on Control, and Cole stepped in to have Kendrick’s back and then cole and Diddy squared off to some extent

That is 1000% the only way Cole wins this and he might have to lie. Straight up. That event is documented everyone knows it happened so his version will be seen as truth. So he might have to embellish. Like if cole says some shyt like ‘I won’t tell the real reason Diddy touched you’ or some shyt like that :dead: :lupe:

So with all the cole bashing I been doin I can admit that’s a potential ‘you are giving a child’ moment. Cole could capitalize off the diddy situation and eat… no diddy. Hell he could make the whole diss centered around that, call it No Diddy :damn:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Diddy ‘pressed’ kendrick —-I believe poured a drink on him —-over the ‘king of NY’ line on Control, and Cole stepped in to have Kendrick’s back and then cole and Diddy squared off to some extent

That is 1000% the only way Cole wins this and he might have to lie. Straight up. That event is documented everyone knows it happened so his version will be seen as truth. So he might have to embellish. Like if cole says some shyt like ‘I won’t tell the real reason Diddy touched you’ or some shyt like that :dead: :lupe:

So with all the cole bashing I been doin I can admit that’s a potential ‘you are giving a child’ moment. Cole could capitalize off the diddy situation and eat… no diddy. Hell he could make the whole diss centered around that, call it No Diddy :damn:

But why would he need to that? they have no personal animus, this 'issue' is simply over who is the better MC

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Great Post
Can’t understand Kendrick hate.
He has no social media presence and is basically invisible unless you seek him out.
His music isn’t for everyone but is undeniably creative and different which everyone should appreciate.
Is it just because people don’t like the idea of people they don’t know on the internet preferring him to someone they like?
He gets pushback cause his fans be wildin.

Instead of just saying he’s made some impactful artful music.

They jump out the window calling him the Goat. Saying no one else can touch his raps. He got 4 classics and everybody else has zero, etc etc.

Dude has made some good artistic unique rap music, but he ain’t perfect and a few of his peers have been rapping circles around him for years.

Seems weird after all these years of concept albums and gay homophobe uncles, he and his stan’s wanna pretend he’s at the pinnacle of actually RAPPING. Dude gotta prove it again. Hiipower was a long time ago :manny:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Not at all. Because that's not how that happened.

It's just facts, bro. Look at the history of this, nobody does that, lol. You can't diss n*ggas and then when they get back at you, have people talking, "Nah, that wasn't really the diss. That was just him letting him know to leave him alone before he comes back with the real diss". WTF?? Nah, fam.

We all know how this works. People copping way too many pleas right now. This is Hip Hop. There's a way to do sh*t. Especially in these cases. Ain't nobody trying to hear the "If you don’t chill, I'm coming back with my big brother" bullsh*t, lol.
Hov fukked Nas baby moms. The situations aren't the same. Expending Cole to drop a venomous diss towards someone he obviously has a ton of respect for is a stretch. Especially when Kendrick didn't really say much about him on Like That

I wouldn't be surprised if Kendrick doesn't even respond to Cole's record

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Let's revisit this Jermaine classic, sounds like it applies to a certain rapper :youngsabo:

This watch came from Drizzy, he gave me a gift
Back when the rap game was prayin' I'd diss
They act like two legends cannot coexist
But I'd never beef with a nikka for nothin'
If I smoke a rapper, it's gon' be legit
It won't be for clout, it won't be for fame
It won't be 'cause my shyt ain't sellin' the same

"The love of your life rap n*gga wear fake watches, the serial number don’t match the gift boxes"

Fred.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great Post
Can’t understand Kendrick hate.
He has no social media presence and is basically invisible unless you seek him out.
His music isn’t for everyone but is undeniably creative and different which everyone should appreciate.
Is it just because people don’t like the idea of people they don’t know on the internet preferring him to someone they like?

Tbh, I think several people on here champion that kind of stuff but only when it comes to artists they like.

Especially on TheColi.

We have to remember this is a website where Lupe Fiasco and Charles Hamilton and Childish Gambino all get burn
and are regularly considered great because they're "different" but this same love isn't extended to Kendrick Lamar at all.

In a fair world, bro would be recognized for collaborating with British Minimalist composers, Jazz Big Band arrangers, Modern Funk
Virtuosos and Electronica/IDM/Hip-Hop instrumentalists.

He gets knocked for weird voices, sound effects and rhythms while the rest of the package (concepts, videos, lyrics, album covers, song structure, mixing/mastering, sequencing, wardrobe etc.) Is just tossed to the wayside.

In reference to J. Cole vs. Kendrick Lamar:
TPAB has fukking RIDICULOUS mixing.

IDK how someone can love THE ART, like THE ART of Hip-Hop and have respect for Dj Quik or Dr. Dre but then turn around
and say:
MixedByAli didn't do his shyt on TPAB.
Kamasi Washington didn't do his shyt on TPAB
That Anna wise, Thundercat, Flying Lotus, Terrace Martin and everyone else
who contributed to that album didn't do their shyt.

If someone is a real head, they should be able to hear the CLEAR DIFFERENCE in clarity between 4YEO or Forest Hills Drive vs. TPAB.
Like it's comical the amount of care that was put into that album.

I'd even argue pound for pound, team for team, Kendrick Lamar and his collaborators are hard to fukk with.
"Mez" is COOL but he IS NOT and NEVER WILL BE MixedByAli.

It was a clear love of labor that's head and shoulders above most albums in any genre, not JUST Hip-Hop.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hov fukked Nas baby moms. The situations aren't the same. Expending Cole to drop a venomous diss towards someone he obviously has a ton of respect for is a stretch. Especially when Kendrick didn't really say much about him on Like That

He has to

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Every time Dot pop out, internet going nuts. An album, a verse, his finsta lol.

This idea that nobody is thinking about him so he has to get attention is wild. I never knew there were so many of you n*ggas who have so much irrational dislike for Kendrick lol.

Knucklehead

HMFIC
Daps
Reppin
Montreal #byrdgang
He gets pushback cause his fans be wildin.

Instead of just saying he’s made some impactful artful music.

They jump out the window calling him the Goat. Saying no one else can touch his raps. He got 4 classics and everybody else has zero, etc etc.

Dude has made some good artistic unique rap music, but he ain’t perfect and a few of his peers have been rapping circles around him for years.

Seems weird after all these years of concept albums and gay homophobe uncles, he and his stan’s wanna pretend he’s at the pinnacle of actually RAPPING. Dude gotta prove it again. Hiipower was a long time ago :manny:
So the hate is about what people on the internet say about him and not actually about him or his music. That’s bizarre.
Most people agree that Stan’s and Stan culture is weird. Shouldn’t affect how you feel about the artists. All you’re doing is depriving yourself of good music.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC

Yes, Hov did, lol.

But even for the people who don’t f*ck other dude's BM's, look at Common's "The B*tch in Yoo". He KILLED Cube and Mack 10 on that. So you don’t always have to have personal issues with people to murder them on a diss track. A true MC is gonna find a way to pick you apart and in a fashion that dismantles your whole sh*t.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Bro there is literally nobody who listens to rap who is confused on who this song is about lol
Again coward shyt. Maybe I'm just an old head but in my day you said a nikka name when you wanted it on wax. Sometimes you drove to his neighborhood and honked your horn at him. :mjgrin: