J Fold- 7 minute Apology (redacted Kendrick Lamar dis)

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
Like this nice response from Cole, that 2nd half of the song was the one.

Ace Money

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There’s nothing good about his delivery on Like That

Yall have just chosen to accept and gas his shyt
To each their own, bruh. His aggressiveness coupled with the production made the track more enjoyable for me and a host of others. It’s a waste of time to even analyze something so subjective honestly. :yeshrug:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Bar for bar, it's very arguable that Cole is a better rapper than Kendrick, Kendrick always been more about his delivery to me than his actual bars. As far as making albums I won't argue that though, Kendrick do have better albums than Cole.

I can see why people would think so, so I'm not mad at that.

But for me, I'd still take Kendrick over Cole, lyrically. Dude's never said anything that's impressed me. I can see that he's trying his hardest to rap well, but he just sounds too dry to me. Soulless. So no matter how much I've tried for the past 14 years to get into his music, he's always bored me. And I'm definitely one of those people that's always searching for lyrics in MC's, but Cole just never did it for me.

I still throw on a few tracks from KOD, and the early sh*t from him, but not a lot though. He's still missing something, to me.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kenny changing the game for a month straight.
It's just...different :wow: :king:

They'll paint MURALS:mjpls: when he's gone :wow:

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I do want to comment about the replay value discourse I’ve seen on Twitter

Obviously replay value matters, the desire to want to revisit a song/album over and over matters. But does it automatically make it better? For example, I’ve rewatched The Wood way more than I have Malcolm X, but does that make The Wood a better quality film than Malcolm X or does it just mean it’s more fun to revisit?

Just a thought, I know music and film isn’t a one to one comparison :hubie:

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
However you may feel is irrelevant. Everyone agrees this was mid pack. Kendrick didn’t lit the world on fire but it was effective. And had more clever lines than “I like this album but the second one was boring” And once again, the reason Cole getting clowned because everyone agrees his albums are mediocre so that bar wasn’t even solid. Crazy thing is there is so much to flame Kendrick over. His pretentiousness, his goofy flows/voices, being a chipmunk looking midget. But nope, we get generic gunplay metaphors and some lame shyt about begging for white media acceptance like he isn’t cut from the same cloth(literally)

J Cole 1-0 is the number 1 trending topic on X

Stop it

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I can see why people would think so, so I'm not mad at that.

But for me, I'd still take Kendrick over Cole, lyrically. Dude's never said anything that's impressed me. I can see that he's trying his hardest to rap well, but he just sounds too dry to me. Soulless. So no matter how much I've tried for the past 14 years to get into his music, he's always bored me. And I'm definitely one of those people that's always searching for lyrics in MC's, but Cole just never did it for me.

I still throw on a few tracks from KOD, and the early sh*t from him, but not a lot though. He's still missing something, to me.
Ironically that's why I feel Cole > Kendrick as far as bars. Lol

Kendrick has no quotables on any album he's put out I remember them for the songs not the bars, hell 'if he wasn't dissin we wouldn't be discussing him' is better than anything Kendrick said on Like That truth be told, and I still feel like that shyt was weak.

Lonj

Superstar
Daps
My unbiased casual take as someone who fukks with everyone involved, is that Kendrick makes better music but Cole is a better rapper so it's creating this cognitive dissonance with some people that causes them to overrate Kendrick's bars and underrate Cole's.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Ironically that's why I feel Cole > Kendrick as far as bars. Lol

Kendrick has no quotables on any album he's put out I remember them for the songs not the bars, hell 'if he wasn't dissin we wouldn't be discussing him' is better than anything Kendrick said on Like That truth be told, and I still feel like that shyt was weak.

I think it depends on what people see as "quotable" too. LOL!! Because I think K-Dot has mad of them.

But I also think as an artist, his albums took me back to having hope that we could have whole complete classic projects again. The attention to detail with dude is crazy. No one else is focusing on making actual classics with intention, like Kendrick does. Even his throwaway tracks that TDE threw out as a project, is wildly better than most dude's actual albums. So I'm looking at the whole arsenal.

Cole has way too many people feeling the exact same way I've felt about his work, forever, lol. So sometimes I'll say some sh*t and most of my people won't agree, and that's cool. But everywhere you look, people are saying dude is boring. So I don’t know if they have the same reasons I do, but he just doesn't have that undeniable talent that makes the greats great. Kendrick got that stamp from the greats within the first couple years of his career, and Cole was technically out before dude with all the right co-signs.