J Fold- 7 minute Apology (redacted Kendrick Lamar dis)

W.I.Z.E.

Wise poster
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
Kendricks diss towards Cole was childish and over hyped.

Cole took light jabs to chin check and has more in the chamber.

Kendrick has better albums (arguably much better)

Cole the better emcee the last few yrs

If Kendrick responds, Cole will add aggression and will win the battle

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Cool response

I don't think any of these nyggas great at diss tracks.. none of these will be talked about for years

Last edited:

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cole acquitted himself well but I’m not sure trying to go catalog for catalog is the way to go.
Also to follow up, this stuff has really crystallized that all 3 of these guys are huge beneficiaries of the era we’re in

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
It's been all love from Cole towards Kendrick since they came up together. So honestly, Kendrick dissing Cole comes off as an attention grab, same as the Control verse years ago. And yes... You can hear admiration from Cole, he don't want you go there with him but will pending on Kendrick's response

Why would Drake be envious of Kendrick Lamar? Serious question.
Nobody said he's envious of Kendrick. But he's definitely salty. Because while drake spent his whole career dumbing his music down for accolades he still only has 5 Grammys while Kendrick has 17. And Kendrick never had to sacrifice the quality of his music to get em. Now drake on some "fukk the Grammys" shyt when literally every album he made was nothing but watered down Grammy bait.

Kendrick is unanimously viewed as the better artist. By legit hip hop heads and music fans in general. Not ig thots and 40 year old dudes who still in their 2nd childhoods. The real heads who know the culture, including the legends. Don't matter how many pop hits drake has. He's always been insecure about his place in hip hop culture. Kendrick has that respect and admiration he's always wanted. Which is why drake tried his hardest to create a bond with him in the beginning. But when he didn't get it he resorted to lame sneak disses in songs and interviews. Drake always been insecure about Kendrick. Now kdot just calling him out for it.

Bondye Vodou

Proud practitioner of the "High Science"
Daps
“yo first shyt was classic, yo last shyt was tragic, yo 2nd shyt put nikkas to sleep but they gassed it”. Funny coming from jermaine, track is ok though
Both them nikkas b putting ppl to sleep.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Nah you can't go a year killing features and then get back to the timid raps on a meh beat for your own shyt. Couple amusing bars here but nah. Cole a Nas fan, he knows the album math didn't add up then and it doesn't add up now.
:mjlol:

Also I don't wanna hear "we friends but I gotta smoke you" on a diss. No half measures Jermaine.

I agree.. This big 3 don't have that "IT" factor when it comes to diss records.

vino

Superstar
Daps
A, I been shyting on J Cole his entire career. I called him trash. But, he has really been killing shyt lately. I like the light reply. It wasn’t nothing crazy but thoroughly explained the hesitation and the temperature

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
The line would have been hard if he kept it at "your first shyt was classic, your last was tragic"

Adding the line calling TPAB boring kinda kills it because it's a line the majority of listeners will not agree with and now it's literally the top trend on Twitter of people talking about how much they love TPAB.
Yeah, it was a solid response, he sent great jabs (much better than the "nikka bom!" shyt) but he opened himself up too much for haymakers from Kendrick

- The discography talk;
- Boring accusations;
- Cracker talk...

Bar for bar J. Cole clearly eats Kendrick alive... But clearly it's not just about that

I feel like he could have prepared the next round a lil better... Like address the silly voices/bipolar shyt, shut that shyt down from the get go so that Kendrick has no choice but to really rap... You gotta make that shyt uncomfortable for him

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Nobody said he's envious of Kendrick. But he's definitely salty. Because while drake spent his whole career dumbing his music down for accolades he still only has 5 Grammys while Kendrick has 17. And Kendrick never had to sacrifice the quality of his music to get em. Now drake on some "fukk the Grammys" shyt when literally every album he made was nothing but watered down Grammy bait.

Kendrick is unanimously viewed as the better artist. By legit hip hop heads and music fans in general. Not ig thots and 40 year old dudes who still in their 2nd childhoods. The real heads who know the culture, including the legends. Don't matter how many pop hits drake has. He's always been insecure about his place in hip hop culture. Kendrick has that respect and admiration he's always wanted. Which is why drake tried his hardest to create a bond with him in the beginning. But when he didn't get it he resorted to lame sneak disses in songs and interviews. Drake always been insecure about Kendrick. Now kdot just calling him out for it.
And with all that said, Kendrick hops on a FUTURE record to diss them. I think it goes both ways with them. The same way you say Drake wants the respect and admiration that Kendrick has, I can say that Kendrick wants the hits and attention Drake has.

Now that he's off TDE, it'll be interesting to see the direction he goes with on his next album with his own label's success depending on it