J Fold- 7 minute Apology (redacted Kendrick Lamar dis)

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The days of "When I met you, you was on my dikk/ Jigga gave you his old bentleys/ nlw you on some shyt/" type of diss tracks is dead now.

Its like the nba then vs the nba now. nikkas is all buddy buddy they not going at peoples heads like that no more

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Most young people I ever ask feels Cole is better. I been telling nikkas that on this site forever.
Cole immediately snatched the college aged crowd and had them under his thumb for ages, I haven't seen anyone who was a fan of him then switch up over time, so it's safe to say it's the same group just grown up, then new college kids get put on to his old stuff and he becomes their Messiah, neither drake or Kendrick has shaken that fanbase from him at all.

I feel like out of the 3 Cole has the most stans that are dead serious, Beehive levels of delusion even when you are tryna big him up (not for nothing it's usually people I view as bland anyway :yeshrug:)

You know the Aubrey stands just latch onto anything/anyone popular, mostly women and guys who use his music to set the vibe around women, they don't even believe half the shyt they sayin

And imo the Kendrick stans are kinda like him, they only pop up every few years when he fires off strays on a random feature, TPAB ain't even in their rotation but will still shout from the mountaintops that it's timeless music.

I will say it's kind of embarrassing, I'm just hitting 30 but even I could spot all 3 of these nikkas flaws from a mile away and tell you did it better in previous generations.

So many people my age talk like these nikkas invented everything:why: you'd think Kendrick invented concept albums, Cole penned the first word flip, Aubrey has writers but somehow people flip flop on his creative process depending on the argument.

Tryna talk to people about rappers skillsets today is trash both on and off the internet :camby: everyone would rather dikkride and be tribal so they feel part of a team

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I had an interesting convo with my dudes at work about this, the younger dudes all said Cole is that dude, they was saying he the best lyricist of their generation and consider his last few albums classics. Meanwhile me and all the older dudes said Kendrick is better and makes better albums.

I don't know if that's the general consensus but I was surprised the young dudes was going to hard for Cole. And they was all saying this diss was light but that's cause it supposed to be light. They don't consider this the real battle, this is just the warm up
Y’all need to stfu and get to work

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother

lol cole (and drake) never went out on a limb to cleanse their fanbase from all the fair weathered bandwagoners with songs that have any strong stances like kendrick who tackled black injustice head on (or they only quietly donated to Buying Lesbian Mansions)

...his next album would probably feature some song saying that he "Let the LGBTQ community down" and his audience would praise him about how much 'growth and maturity' he has but cole and drake just peddle soft material for more fans and teeter totter between trying to act hard with a while coddling a soft ass fanbase for more streams

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Humble is not dope do better

He’s ya man so he can put out any ole wack shyt and you’ll find a way to gas it

Not true, i been negged plenty of times by Kendrick stans for not singing his praises enough, i don’t fukk with him like THAT lol

But workout is objectively a bad song on its own …didn’t he cite that as part of the reason he “let Nas down” lmao

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Cole immediately snatched the college aged crowd and had them under his thumb for ages, I haven't seen anyone who was a fan of him then switch up over time, so it's safe to say it's the same group just grown up, then new college kids get put on to his old stuff and he becomes their Messiah, neither drake or Kendrick has shaken that fanbase from him at all.

I feel like out of the 3 Cole has the most stans that are dead serious, Beehive levels of delusion even when you are tryna big him up (not for nothing it's usually people I view as bland anyway :yeshrug:)

You know the Aubrey stands just latch onto anything/anyone popular, mostly women and guys who use his music to set the vibe around women, they don't even believe half the shyt they sayin

And imo the Kendrick stans are kinda like him, they only pop up every few years when he fires off strays on a random feature, TPAB ain't even in their rotation but will still shout from the mountaintops that it's timeless music.

I will say it's kind of embarrassing, I'm just hitting 30 but even I could spot all 3 of these nikkas flaws from a mile away and tell you did it better in previous generations.

So many people my age talk like these nikkas invented everything:why: you'd think Kendrick invented concept albums, Cole penned the first word flip, Aubrey has writers but somehow people flip flop on his creative process depending on the argument.

Tryna talk to people about rappers skillsets today is trash both on and off the internet :camby: everyone would rather dikkride and be tribal so they feel part of a team
Nice dissertation brotha but I'm talking about people 25 and younger. Lol. They are either still in college or just getting out. Was on elementary school when Cole came out.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

lol cole (and drake) never went out on a limb to cleanse their fanbase from all the fair weathered bandwagoners with songs that have any strong stances like kendrick who tackled black injustice head on (or they only quietly donated to Buying Lesbian Mansions)

...his next album would probably feature some song saying that he "Let the LGBTQ community down" and his audience would praise him about how much 'growth and maturity' he has but cole and drake just peddle soft material for more fans and teeter totter between trying to act hard with a while coddling a soft ass fanbase for more streams

Bruh what are u talking about? Cole has been more straight foward than both and actually shows action on the streets. Get off Reddit my guy.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
I get it that debates happen. It’s all subjective anyway. It’s based on YOUR preference, and no one is right or wrong for saying they prefer one over another. That goes for any MC. If I prefer one, don’t try to convince me why I’m wrong when it’s MY opinion. I’m a fan of both these cats.

As far as these disses, what’s supposed to come out of this and how is a winner gonna be determined? They have no animosity towards each other, and they’re both old now in rapper years with numerous albums under their belt. To put it in context, when Nas and Jay were going back and forth, Nas was 27- 28 and Jay was 31-32 Cole is 39 and Kendrick is 36 going on 37.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I get it that debates happen. It’s all subjective anyway. It’s based on YOUR preference, and no one is right or wrong for saying they prefer one over another. That goes for any MC. If I prefer one, don’t try to convince me why I’m wrong when it’s MY opinion. I’m a fan of both these cats.

As far as these disses, what’s supposed to come out of this and how is a winner gonna be determined? They have no animosity towards each other, and they’re both old now in rapper years with numerous albums under their belt. To put it in context, when Nas and Jay were going back and forth, Nas was 27- 28 and Jay was 31-32 Cole is 39 and Kendrick is 36 going on 37.
They’ll be Logic and Joyner Lucas in a few years. Modern rap beef is stupid. Yell talking points at each other to drum up hype for a bit then make songs together. I’m from the era that Biggie and Pac beefed and both ended up dead. I’m not saying rappers need to die but rap beef should never end or be squashed. They should beef until the day they die.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

Cole answered your questions