J Fold- 7 minute Apology (redacted Kendrick Lamar dis)

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
this thread is 100 pages of the same 4 stans going back and forth.

shut the fukkup and enjoy the music

this ain't biggie and pac or nas and jay so stop taking this rap beef so serious.
this section of the site hasn’t been this active in years. Hip hop is in a bad place right now :yeshrug:

silk scarfs

All Star
Daps
the fact that i see everyone talking about the diss and i dont see any quotables proves its ass. i dont even see people talking about the lyrics instead i see people talking about sales ndd other shyt. cole was always a mid boring rapper that made good songs. he was never lyrical. same as wale ndd big sean

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Calling TPAB boring but liking DAMN is crazy to me. I'm listening back through these albums and DAMN is basically a continuation of TPAB. shyt might be more down tempo than TPAB honestly.

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this thread is 100 pages of the same 4 stans going back and forth.

shut the fukkup and enjoy the music

this ain't biggie and pac or nas and jay so stop taking this rap beef so serious.
Old heads said the same about Kool Moe Dee and LL Cool J.

Let them cook. This is their biggie and Tupac.

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
Calling TPAB boring but liking DAMN is crazy to me. I'm listening back through these albums and DAMN is basically a continuation of TPAB. shyt might be more down tempo than TPAB honestly.
Interesting take, I never heard anyone say they think Damn is a continuation of TPAB. Me personally I thought TPAB was a 6/10 album at first. It didn't click with me until like 4 or 5 years after it's release (I give it an 8 now). As soon as I heard DNA on Damn, I was relieved because it was such a deviation from TPAB right out the gate. Damn overall didn't click with me at first either but by like the end of 2 weeks I couldn't stop bumping it. I noticed I could definitely run that album front to back, any time. It's easier to consume than TPAB or MMATBS. Even to this day. I have to be in the mood to listen to TPAB. I listen to MMATBS more than I do TPAB.

The difference in brehs albums is something like this:

GKMC: For the Hood - A short film (Rap)
TPAB: For the Culture - A letter poem (Sounds like Live Jazz with some string bass and drums/G-Funk for King Kunta)
DAMN: For America - A satire play/Magazine (Sounds like stadium music/Trap drums and Guitars)
MMATBS: For himself- Artsy/Theatre/Therapy sessions play (More mellow not as in your face sounding like Damn/Stage Pianos are the focus on this album.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
The Off-Season 1st Week Sales: 282K
Mr Morale 1st Week Sales: 295K

:mjlol:

For those saying... That Cole isn't a draw or must listen in hip-hop when he drops, why is he doing close to the same 1st week numbers as Kendrick after a 5 year hiatus?
nikkas is pure haters. Lol. I just was speaking to my boy yesterday about how Mr Morale and Off Season sold around the same amount.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I had an interesting convo with my dudes at work about this, the younger dudes all said Cole is that dude, they was saying he the best lyricist of their generation and consider his last few albums classics. Meanwhile me and all the older dudes said Kendrick is better and makes better albums.

I don't know if that's the general consensus but I was surprised the young dudes was going to hard for Cole. And they was all saying this diss was light but that's cause it supposed to be light. They don't consider this the real battle, this is just the warm up
Most young people I ever ask feels Cole is better. I been telling nikkas that on this site forever.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
Cole is the best rapper of the three.His bars can reach a tier the other two can’t consistently match..So of you just talking straight bars I can see how you can say he’s the top guy…

Now when you add discographies ,song writing and all the other shyt because his releases have been pure mid for a decade now it’s not hard to believe it’s disrespectful to have him up there with Lamar and ,Drake. Also a good amount of his peers have lapped him in that regard too.

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
Well they’ve already done that.

This “beef” is worthless unless somebody gets real disrespectful :manny:
I agree.

Might as well go back to shadow boxing if they’re not going to take the kid gloves off.

We all know there’s no real beef here but if youre going to spit, you need to act like it’s up there otherwise :snooze: