J Fold- 7 minute Apology (redacted Kendrick Lamar dis)

Daps
Yeah I seen a tweet recently that said it's a damn shame how little a presence jazz has in hip hop today....the dismissal of a genre that was one of the core building blocks of hip hop is embarrassing :francis:

It's no wonder that Cole's music sounds so soulless and bland....his music vocabulary doesn't go beyond 2000s era rap.
I could talk about this for days. Don't know why most of the modern listeners aren't receptive to Black music before a certain time. It's strange.

The further modern Black musicians stray from our foundation the more the music will lose itself. It's a problem I have personally with a lot of music rn, it's soulless cause of this disconnect. The cratediggers have vanished.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
The Off-Season 1st Week Sales: 282K
Mr Morale 1st Week Sales: 295K

:mjlol:

For those saying... That Cole isn't a draw or must listen in hip-hop when he drops, why is he doing close to the same 1st week numbers as Kendrick after a 5 year hiatus?

This ain’t it nephew. Yall lookin desperate

You took a comment detailing my lack of motivation to listen to Cole, and finessed that into ‘a draw’, as if he’s not popular. I literally mentioned Eminem in the same sentence, and he’s THE bestselling rapper of all time—-who i and many others still have no motivation to listen to.

You brought up album sales?! That’s the 2ns time Cole fans have done that. Starting to wonder who exactly makes up j Cole’s core fanbase :mjpls: Culture vulture activities

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This ain’t it nephew. Yall lookin desperate

You took a comment detailing my lack of motivation to listen to Cole, and finessed that into ‘a draw’, as if he’s not popular. I literally mentioned Eminem in the same sentence, and he’s THE bestselling rapper of all time—-who i and many others still have no motivation to listen to.

You brought up album sales?! That’s the 2ns time Cole fans have done that. Starting to wonder who exactly makes up j Cole’s core fanbase :mjpls: Culture vulture activities
My post was to highlight how your lack of motivation is just that. Yours.

It's not a majority take nor is it based in reality. Lumping Cole with Big Sean in terms of buzz or even Eminem at this point in their careers is simply irrelevant and again, not reality for the majority of fans of the genre.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Soulless music :ohlawd:

200w.gif

He’s a good guy man no Diddy. He means well. But…just, nah. He’s just not that deep. But he’s a student of the game so he feels he should be that deep. But he just ain’t. Which is why I think he settled into his comfort zone pandering to a lesser fanbase. He sounds like a genius next to 21 Savage.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
My post was to highlight how your lack of motivation is just that. Yours.

It's not a majority take nor is it based in reality. Lumping Cole with Big Sean in terms of buzz or even Eminem at this point in their careers is simply irrelevant and again, not reality for the majority of fans of the genre.

You still cant draw a straight line and comprehend a simple point. Which shows you’re trying too hard bc you’re on the defensive :francis:

Here is my comment again

Cole is now on Eminem, Wale, Big Sean status. Rappers who I know are talented, yet I have NO motivation whatsoever to listen to their music.

I didn’t say a word about ‘buzz’. And my take is very prevalent as evident by the fact j Cole’s music has become synonymous with being boring.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You still cant draw a straight line and comprehend a simple point. Which shows you’re trying too hard bc you’re on the defensive :francis:

Here is my comment again

I didn’t say a word about ‘buzz’. And my take is very prevalent as evident by the fact j Cole’s music has become synonymous with being boring.
You quoted me. I didn't quote you.

You quoted my post about their last albums 1st week sales and didn't even answer the question that I raised in it. Now you're talking to me about comprehension.

:dwillhuh:

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I could talk about this for days. Don't know why most of the modern listeners aren't receptive to Black music before a certain time. It's strange.

The further modern Black musicians stray from our foundation the more the music will lose itself. It's a problem I have personally with a lot of music rn, it's soulless cause of this disconnect. The cratediggers have vanished.

Leon Bridges and Sunni Colon are there. It just doesn't sell.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Cole is definitely seen as a 'must listen' artist whenever one of his albums drop even if you're not a hardcore fan.

200w.gif

He’s a good guy man no Diddy. He means well. But…just, nah. He’s just not that deep. But he’s a student of the game so he feels he should be that deep. But he just ain’t. Which is why I think he settled into his comfort zone pandering to a lesser fanbase. He sounds like a genius next to 21 Savage.
Yeah. He’s deep for this era but it’s still surface level. He hasn’t made a song as good as “love yourz” and that dropped in 2014

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I had an interesting convo with my dudes at work about this, the younger dudes all said Cole is that dude, they was saying he the best lyricist of their generation and consider his last few albums classics. Meanwhile me and all the older dudes said Kendrick is better and makes better albums.

I don't know if that's the general consensus but I was surprised the young dudes was going to hard for Cole. And they was all saying this diss was light but that's cause it supposed to be light. They don't consider this the real battle, this is just the warm up

Braman

Superstar
Daps
You quoted me. I didn't quote you.

You quoted my post about their last albums 1st week sales and didn't even answer the question that I raised in it. Now you're talking to me about comprehension.

:dwillhuh:
:what:

Post 1:

Cole is definitely seen as a 'must listen' artist whenever one of his albums drop even if you're not a hardcore fan.

Post 2:
Let me put it like this….you put your hand on the stove and get burnt a few times you probably gon stop touching it right? Ok then.

Cole is not must listen anymore.

Post 3:
For those saying... That Cole isn't a draw or must listen in hip-hop when he drops

Ayo I can see why you nggas think Cole is deep! :pachaha: