J Cole - Port Antonio (The Fall Off coming soon?)

Fire or nah?

• Fire

Votes: 118 61.8%
  • Nah

Votes: 73 38.2%

• Total voters

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
5 million views in 4 days :russ: internet chat board posters still thinking their A&R advice has any relevance in the real world

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Honestly I think the biggest thing that gets everybody was that he dropped 7 Minute Freestyle, let it sit for the week, so those 1st streams hit for Might Delete Later and then he took it down and did the apology. I think if he would of just stuck with it, then apologized, and dropped this track now, the shyt wouldn't of been that deep.

Things die down a bit and now you jump out and bring the shyt back up and say you ain't want no smoke like that, but you'll still take a dude's head off, so now people are like why you jumping out now. I know the Fall Off is right around the corner, could be a way to get even more eyes on it, but he didn't need that shyt.

Some might not agree, but it feels like it's throwing stones and then hiding your hands. Hell even when Cole said Kendrick could say whatever and he'll take it and he wouldn't respond during the apology (if I'm wrong, somebody'll correct me), Kendrick went lite on him with just the YMW Melly bar. So now that Cole is bringing it back up, does Kendrick get the chance to lite him up or would he be looked at as bullying him since Cole said he ain't trying to battle and shyt?

I mentioned this back in April. The worst thing about what Cole did is that he denied Kendrick the chance to respond properly. I doubt Kendrick would have had something like "Meet the Coles," especially since there was never any longstanding issues between them. The war with Drake had been building up since 2013. I don't know what Kendrick's plan was for addressing Cole, but he knew that if he went after him, he would look like Joey Jerkoff for doing so. People saw how personal the war was and started supporting Cole's decision.

It's not even worth Kendrick's time to respond because it's like beating up a bunny rabbit. I understand why Cole felt like he needed to explain himself because The Fall Off is on the way and he didn't want the "Why did you fold?" question coming up in the promotion. At least he addressed this now so it doesn't come up later, but.........it didn't help improve his reputation.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I mentioned this back in April. The worst thing about what Cole did is that he denied Kendrick the chance to respond properly. I doubt Kendrick would have had something like "Meet the Coles," especially since there was never any longstanding issues between them. The war with Drake had been building up since 2013. I don't know what Kendrick's plan was for addressing Cole, but he knew that if he went after him, he would look like Joey Jerkoff for doing so. People saw how personal the war was and started supporting Cole's decision.

It's not even worth Kendrick's time to respond because it's like beating up a bunny rabbit. I understand why Cole felt like he needed to explain himself because The Fall Off is on the way and he didn't want the "Why did you fold?" question coming up in the promotion. At least he addressed this now so it doesn't come up later, but.........it didn't help improve his reputation.

I’d be willing to let the first shyt slide because he ultimately fell on his own sword. Walking over to kick him while he was bleeding out would have had this p*ssy generation of fans in their feelings.

But then you get up start talking like you were above the fray in the first place even though you technically struck the first blow while simultaneously talking about how dangerous you COULD be if you decided to follow through…

Somehow this nikka leaves the situation with all the integrity and moral high ground, finally free

:laff:

If I’m Kendrick I’m making it clear that we ain’t friends like that and you weren’t sparing me from shyt, stop jeffing and just rap.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cole is an idiot for thinking Kendrick is his friend. Kendrick took shots at him first with no remorse.

See this is one of the few things I agree with. History has shown it’s not possible to be cool with everyone especially when you want to be the “best”

Don’t get me started on the business side of the entertainment industry and how folks benefited from it

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Got people now pointing out his talk about the beef being for sales is BS because he waited for first week numbers to drop before pulling his diss.
He didn't wait for the first week number to drop. Thats a flat out lie. He removed the diss and it actually lowered his sales projections. He didn't debut number 1 cause of it.

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
He didn't wait for the first week number to drop. Thats a flat out lie. He removed the diss and it actually lowered his sales projections. He didn't debut number 1 cause of it.

No he definitely waited a full week to remove the diss that's exactly what happened.
I commented in the thread when he did it you can go back and see this in real time in that thread.