J Cole - Port Antonio (The Fall Off coming soon?)

Fire or nah?

• Fire

Votes: 118 61.8%
  • Nah

Votes: 73 38.2%

• Total voters

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
No he definitely waited a full week to remove the diss that's exactly what happened.
I commented in the thread when he did it you can go back and see this in real time in that thread.
He didn't wait till the projections went thru before he removed it. He sold far less than projected first week cause of it. Thats facts. His project released on the 5th. He apologized on the 7th. That shyt was already disappearing from streaming services by like the 9th.

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
He didn't wait till the projections went thru before he removed it. He sold far less than projected first week cause of it. Thats facts. His project released on the 5th. He apologized on the 7th. That shyt was already disappearing from streaming services by like the 9th.

Bro I know you riding for cole but you can't make up alternative facts like I didn't live through it :mjlol: It was down on the 12th Friday.
A full week after the project dropped.

Check the thread yourself it's the first day people confirmed the track was taken down

2ATMsYouSteppinOrWhat

No Round 2’s :camumad:
Daps
The fact that people can do all of this dissecting and still get it wrong is amazing to see. Lol.

yeah yeah yeah

tantrum-kicking.gif

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Bro I know you riding for cole but you can't make up alternative facts like I didn't live through it :mjlol: It was down on the 12th Friday.
A full week after the project dropped.

Check the thread yourself it's the first day people confirmed the track was taken down

U know what u right. His apology fukked up the numbers but he def kept that shyt up.

JYoung24

Young J
Daps
Reppin
NULL
listen to him, he knows everything he said in his career is invalid

Cole knows he's inferior to the other two

didn't want to lose a brother in Kendrick but still basically sent a shot at him on here
then got on his knees for his other brother Drake because he's knows he'll be get a slap round the ear from Drake sooner or later

Kendrick and Drake must've laughed when they hear this bullshyt

loser raps.

Cole is not inferior to no dsmn drake

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Not a good look for Cole. Cole is supposed to be a philosopher dude. Got on FPS where competition shots were thrown. Disses Kendrick after Kendrick competition jab, apologizes falls back, sits on the beach looking at the sunset. Makes music with dudes Drake has beef with (ASAP Rocky) same song ASAP disses Drake on then goes back to give props to Drake and says he would have won the beef :what:

For a supposed introspective dude, he's moving quite stupid.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
For people who lived that in real time, very much on point. I think Drake was always pretty far ahead of Cole, as far as commercial appear, but Sideline Story didn't do much compared to Take Care.

Drake was a little ahead with a career defining tape and single in 2009, but they were for sure on a similar trajectory career wise, hot tapes, a lot of blog buzz, when that was the thing to have (not so much the streets) and major label debuts on the horizon.

Drake dropped Thank Me Later, which was uneven but well received. and Cole dropped Friday Night Lights, which I remember playing a lot around November 2010, the height of the blog era. but then his debut was stalled and kind of dead on arrival. Took him until 2013 to get back in the running.

and Cole was kind of an afterthought for years. I still remember their collab track with Drake talking about riding stallions. lol. Drake is probably better to me, I have enjoyed more of is music for longer, Cole got really redundant. He reminds me of like a decent indie movie with not much to say. Drake may not be deep, musically, but his takes on relationships, coming of age, have really been the soundtrack for a generation.

and I just turned 39, so this is really the era of my whole 30's. very good comments and discussion.

Cole’s debut was uneven but definitely NOT dead on arrival. He sold 218K first week and even his label was surprised how well he did. The Work Out single was a top 20 hit and what finally got him off the shelf. His second album Born Sinner spent two weeks behind Kanye at number 2 before overtaking it for number 1 in its third week, which began to show the expansion of his fanbase. By Forest Hills Drive it was set in stone that he, Drake, and Kendrick were the leaders of that generation, separating themselves from the Big Sean’s, Wale’s and Krit’s, and by 4 Your Eyez only he was breaking Drake’s streaming records.

What really set Cole apart and the genius of Jay and Roc Nation’s plan for him was having him tour for two years straight before he even dropped new music. He was able to build a worldwide fanbase that connected to him through songs like Lights Please, the young Simba series, In The Morning, etc. which is why a lot of those songs ended up on the debut. He was marketed as the people’s champ, everyman rapper at that really stuck and afforded him a level of relatability amongst his fanbase where people genuinely rooted for him. Plus he always came off as someone who wanted it for the quote unquote “right” reasons.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Cole’s debut was uneven but definitely NOT dead on arrival. He sold 218K first week and even his label was surprised how well he did. The Work Out single was a top 20 hit and what finally got him off the shelf. His second album Born Sinner spent two weeks behind Kanye at number 2 before overtaking it for number 1 in its third week, which began to show the expansion of his fanbase. By Forest Hills Drive it was set in stone that he, Drake, and Kendrick were the leaders of that generation, separating themselves from the Big Sean’s, Wale’s and Krit’s, and by 4 Your Eyez only he was breaking Drake’s streaming records.

What really set Cole apart and the genius of Jay and Roc Nation’s plan for him was having him tour for two years straight before he even dropped new music. He was able to build a worldwide fanbase that connected to him through songs like Lights Please, the young Simba series, In The Morning, etc. which is why a lot of those songs ended up on the debut. He was marketed as the people’s champ, everyman rapper at that really stuck and afforded him a level of relatability amongst his fanbase where people genuinely rooted for him. Plus he always came off as someone who wanted it for the quote unquote “right” reasons.

all fair points. but Sideline Story compared to Take Care in 2011? It was an afterthought, but that's just my experience. People listened to Cole, and Work Out was around but Drake defined that whole Fall. Even something like Crew Love was just everywhere.

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The shyt them Dreamville nikkas told Wayno and what Cole alluded to on 7 Min Drill is how a lot of the culture feels

Kendrick-Cole battle needs to happen now I don’t think Kendrick is gonna be too happy about this passive aggressive shyt from Cole

Track is dope like what they did with the sample although Cole has already rapped over it and it’s a little played out over the last few years
What culture? We just witnessed Kendrick come out of his hole and wipe the floor with these nikkas and come out with the biggest record