J Cole - Port Antonio (The Fall Off coming soon?)

Fire or nah?

• Fire

Votes: 118 61.8%
  • Nah

Votes: 73 38.2%

• Total voters

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.

By the time like toy soldiers came out things were already well past rapping.

Cole and Drake both had the oportunity to keep it cute. All he had to do in his 'response' to Like That was the same shyt he been doing without the subs. Talk about how deadedly you are, make your threats, you rhyme and you rip and left it at that.

But the first oportunity he had to break down Kendrick personally he took it, because that's how he really felt about his "bro" the whole time. And now it's OUR fault that he jumped out the window.

:laff:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
By the time like toy soldiers came out things were already well past rapping.

Cole and Drake both had the oportunity to keep it cute. All he had to do in his 'response' to Like That was the same shyt he been doing without the subs. Talk about how deadedly you are, make your threats, you rhyme and you rip and left it at that.

But the first oportunity he had to break down Kendrick personally he took it, because that's how he really felt about his "bro" the whole time. And now it's OUR fault that he jumped out the window.

:laff:

Yep

Although you can tell in the song itself he didn’t believe that shyt he was saying.

Wasted a dope Conductor beat with his bullshyt

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Mainly how would cole have lost a bro without winning the beef?

Cause according to them, we're too stupid to realize he wasn't saying him winning the beef would cost him his friendships

And yet, crickets :ehh:
I answered that question pages ago. Regardless of winning or losing. Saying some disrespectful shyt. Maybe possibly taking it top far. There's plenty ways.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
So you believe when he said he wouldn't have lost the battle, he meant he could've lost the battle? :russ:
Number 1. He didn't say "I wouldn't have lost "the" battle." He said "I wouldn't have lost "a" battle..." Big difference. There's a such thing called context in the English language. He was basically saying his friendship was bigger than the battle all around. Win or lose. He would've lost MORE than a battle.

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
Number 1. He didn't say "I wouldn't have lost "the" battle." He said "I wouldn't have lost "a" battle..." Big difference. There's a such thing called context in the English language. He was basically saying his friendship was bigger than the battle all around. Win or lose. He would've lost MORE than a battle.
Dawg you doing olympic gymnastics to make that make sense and you don't even get the bronze :dead:

J. Cole's lyrics suggest:

"I wouldn’t have lost a battle, dawg, I woulda lost a bro"

He's saying that if he had engaged in the conflict (battle), he would have emerged victorious, but the real loss would be the friendship.

In other words:

- He would have "won" the battle (i.e., come out on top in the conflict)
- But would have "lost" his friend (i.e., damaged or ended the relationship)

"J. Cole prioritizes the friendship over the victory, implying that winning the battle wouldn't be worth losing someone important.

His message emphasizes:

1. Valuing relationships over external validation.
2. Recognizing the true cost of conflict.

This interpretation aligns with J. Cole's known themes of:

1. Emotional introspection.
2. Personal growth.
3. Prioritizing meaningful connections."

Word to Llama 3.2 :laff:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Dawg you doing olympic gymnastics to make that make sense and you don't even get the bronze :dead:

J. Cole's lyrics suggest:

"I wouldn’t have lost a battle, dawg, I woulda lost a bro"

He's saying that if he had engaged in the conflict (battle), he would have emerged victorious, but the real loss would be the friendship.

In other words:

- He would have "won" the battle (i.e., come out on top in the conflict)
- But would have "lost" his friend (i.e., damaged or ended the relationship)

"J. Cole prioritizes the friendship over the victory, implying that winning the battle wouldn't be worth losing someone important.

His message emphasizes:

1. Valuing relationships over external validation.
2. Recognizing the true cost of conflict.

This interpretation aligns with J. Cole's known themes of:

1. Emotional introspection.
2. Personal growth.
3. Prioritizing meaningful connections."

Word to Llama 3.2 :laff:
That's how u interpreted it. But every other non bias(u clearly are) person reacting to it took it exactly how I took it. From DEHH to Lost In Vegas and the list goes on. Yet u trying to say I'm doing mental gymnastics. I was actually SURPRISED when I got online and saw people feeling the way u feel. Cause it all seemed pretty obvious to me.

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
That's how u interpreted it. But every other non bias(u clearly are) person reacting to it took it exactly how I took it. From DEHH to Lost In Vegas and the list goes on. Yet u trying to say I'm doing mental gymnastics. I was actually SURPRISED when I got online and saw people feeling the way u feel. Cause it all seemed pretty obvious to me.
Even @Artificial Intelligence agrees that cole said that shyt :comeon: