J Cole - Port Antonio (The Fall Off coming soon?)

Fire or nah?

• Fire

Votes: 119 62.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 73 38.0%

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Don't think so. People were shytting on the song when it came out. The dislikes definitely matched people's perception of the song at the time.

In fact I think the Coli was one of the few places that was kinda positive about the song

That shyt was awful. I can’t believe Drake’s team let him release it.

Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cloud
JID seem like hes itching for a chance to prove himself in a battle, he dont give a fukk about the narrative Fold trying to spin

I completely agree with Joe Budden's take on this verse, great rapping but again, you playing in our faces like FPS wasnt a subliminal and like 7 Minute Drill doesnt exist...

Im Free lmaoo stfu bro
This the part that bothered me, you finally free?

Breh, kept barking on every instrumental that we would kill every rapper.

Kendrick did the same - smoking on your top five.

Difference is when it was smoke Kendrick followed through and came with clear shots and didn’t walk back shyt. Im sorry in hindsight you have to respect the fukk out of someone who doesn’t flip flop on their sentiment.

Cole my guy, for real, since the Simba days but if this song ends up sounding disrespect to some folks. Then it is a 100% on him as the messenger, he did a bad job of conveying his feelings about it.

Illmagic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't think so. People were shytting on the song when it came out. The dislikes definitely matched people's perception of the song at the time.

In fact I think the Coli was one of the few places that was kinda positive about the song
This is false. Every reaction I saw thought it was dope when it first came out.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
But who is the guy who admitted that he had to change his entire mind state because he initially wanted the awards and accolades. Who was the guy on camera mad about losing Grammys, upset about the critical reception Yeezus received (compared to Born Sinner, which came out the same week), upset about Control, etc to the point he had to grow his hair out and stop caring about material things. Who is the guy who rapped about destroying the "crown" in hip hop because it's a toxic concept. Who is the guy who later changed course and started rapping about wanting the crown in a long feature run during which he mainly rapped about being the best rapper alive. Only to later drop a song/video where he lamented that he looks at Drake and Kendrick as superstars while fretting that the fans tossed him the bronze.
:dead:

Now @spliz don't you come back in here typing like Yosimite Sam

:russ:

His career has revolved around this shyt, plain as day, it's at the forefront of his mind and the pecking order is clear. 7 minute drill should have been called 3 minutes of butt-hurt.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah both Cole and Kendrick have said it never made sense once their careers blew up. Cole told Yachty they couldn't get into the studio after everything changed and I accept that explanation. We aren't talking about some half ass trap rappers willing to send some wack verses back and forth via email/phones and call it an album.

In terms of jealousy...I'm not gonna use that word about another man. But who is the guy who admitted that he had to change his entire mind state because he initially wanted the awards and accolades. Who was the guy on camera mad about losing Grammys, upset about the critical reception Yeezus received (compared to Born Sinner, which came out the same week), upset about Control, etc to the point he had to grow his hair out and stop caring about material things. Who is the guy who rapped about destroying the "crown" in hip hop because it's a toxic concept. Who is the guy who later changed course and started rapping about wanting the crown in a long feature run during which he mainly rapped about being the best rapper alive. Only to later drop a song/video where he lamented that he looks at Drake and Kendrick as superstars while fretting that the fans tossed him the bronze.
:dead:

Let's keep it a buck: this nikka is mad emotional and constantly overthinks his way into awkward positions. And because he raps about rap so much it puts him in a position where he's constantly making these meta observations about himself in context of the rap game, or commenting on Drake or Kendrick etc.

Cole one confused dude :mjlol: