J Cole - Port Antonio (The Fall Off coming soon?)

Fire or nah?

• Fire

Votes: 119 62.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 73 38.0%

• Total voters

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Told that little man with the size 7's not to lie on his name :wow:

Lots of bars from his tracks have aged terribly tbh.

Yo, Drake, you a paedophile! Your crew too!

Ay, Dre, I know you was in them 16 year old guts when you were 22 but wanna come out and call Drake a paedophile with me? Do it for LA, cuh.

"The industry can hate me, fukk 'em all and they mama"

What's that? More Grammy nominations and playing the Super Bowl? Yes please :blessed:

"Dear baby girl, I'm sorry that your father not active inside your world"

:dead: :dead:

Makes sense a CP0 stan loves J Cole

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
This just popped up on my shuffle randomly which is crazy...

cacat lie I thought he was in his hater bag at the time, tbh he was but its pertinent now.

"Being ambiguous with assertions, isn't making you safer" :wow:

Lurkio

All Star
Daps
if I felt this strongly abt a rapper I would just never press play on their songs…

but here we are 40 pages later…and the album thread gonna blow up too…only ever knew females or fakkits to have this type of energy

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
You níggas are way too invested in all matters regarding the beef.

Arguing with another man about why another man decided to back out of a beef between a literal little nígga and a clown:skip:.

You níggas don't have a girlfriend or anything? Kids?:skip:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I view them similarly on multis to be honest, which wasn't the case a decade or so ago when I would have said Kendrick was better (in part because he simply did it more).

My general view is that Cole is a better punchline lyricists, Kendrick is the better lyricist in general. Mainly because I think he's simply a better writer and more of an evocative, introspective lyricist which is what I prefer (see; Common, Mos, Nas, etc). Whether rapping from his own perspective or others. To me Cole didn't become solid at that until 4YEO, specifically the title track. A track that is rather similar to Sing About Me but doesn't reach those heights emotionally or lyrically because again, they are different writers.

I do not want people to think I'm shytting on Cole as a rapper. I'm on the record, Cole's last album (Off Seasn) is better than Kendrick's last album (Mr Morale).. My problem is simple: I don't want to hear the brag raps and "I'm the best' shyt from someone who had an opportunity to prove it and p*ssy'd out. I cannot respect that, and I can't really respect this track for the same reason.

My Em comparison is moreso about obsession with technical flows/writing over making great music. You can give Eminem the most simple melody in a beat, or basic beat and he's going to over rap on it every time. There were certainly Kendrick eras where he did that - specifically that post GKMC feature run, when he was doing too much - but he hasn't been on that wave in awhile now. Whereas it's all Cole does on features now. And it sticks out more because he often does it alongside a southern rapper or someone like Tee Grizzley. Cole used to be pretty melodic and really good at following where the beat was going, now he just stomps it out.
Cole didn't do that on the Tee Grizzley track AT ALL my guy. Lol. Matter fact he had the most melodic flow on the song. When he flipped the Ma$e cadence. I just feel like the Em comparison is dirt. Lol. Only track where I felt Cole overrapped was the one with ASAP. He should've dialed it back on that shyt. I can think of plenty Kendrick features where he did it. Mask Off Remix is a clear example.