J Cole - Port Antonio (The Fall Off coming soon?)

Fire or nah?

• Fire

Votes: 119 62.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 73 38.0%

• Total voters

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
Joint is hot :manny:

I don't think this would even be a question in this thread if some of you aren't still angry that he :hubie: out of the BS that Kenny started. The fact that he even addressed it in this song and why he did it is likely what's making y'all more furious!! šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Joint is hot :manny:

I don't think this would even be a question in this thread if some of you aren't still angry that he :hubie: out of the BS that Kenny started. The fact that he even addressed it in this song and why he did it is likely what's making y'all more furious!! šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬

No itā€™s the wishy washy nature of putting out a whole diss record towards someone, taking it back and apologizing for it, then months later claiming you woulda won the battle had it happened, but you wanted to be the better man so you didnā€™t :stopitslime:

He fell all the way back when it was wartime and with the whole world watchingā€¦so all the ā€œIā€™m the bestā€ bars just fall flat now.

Also bigging up Drake while having very recent collabs with Future and Rocky is some fake shyt too. I like Cole but this track was a mistake despite technically rapping his ass off :hubie:

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
las-vegas-bloodbath-ari-sneaking-around-corner.gif

Y'all nikkas ain't stoppin me
Y'all nikkas ain't stoppin me

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
No, I don't think Collard Greens was brag raps. But what percentage of Cole verses and/or songs over the last couple years have been brag raps? I'd say a high percentage, over 50%. Most of his raps are about...rap. It's like he was training for something and then the minute he got tested he folded. I know you don't respect that shyt lol.

I agree Kendrick and Drake will never speak again. And you know what....all that shyt about Q allegedly threatening or warning Cole at Dreamville? There were no threats. But I 100% believe Q told him that shyt was personal and had nothing to do with him. And he did what he did on stage from there. But my problem is that it never had shyt to do with Cole! So why did he jump in, in the first place. And now, months later, why is he acting like he's the guy who peeped everything from a mile away. Nah nikka you were trying to throw hands and then realized those nikkas had guns out so you went home. Because it had nothing to do with you.
But it did tho. Cause it's not like Kendrick DIDNT call him out on Like That. Everyone on earth felt Kendrick was calling Cole out. And was wondering what both Cole AND Drake was gonna do. And then add to the fact other rappers was texting Cole and kinda peer pressuring him to say something. Rappers like Benny and a few others admitted they was texting Cole and telling him to jump in.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu

Two nikkas who literally talked about killing each other on wax but I'm supposed to believe Cole and Kendrick battling would've caused irreparable damage to their friendship

Talked about it right not that long after Biggie and Pac dying as well.

I try not to be a "back in the day" type of old head, but your analogy is spot on. it's definitely a different era.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yea I find it funny that they tried to compare Cole to Eminem when it comes to Kendrick. That's a joke. Lol. Section 80 was Kendrick in his Bone Thugs, Andre 3K and Lil Wayne bag. GKMC was Kendrick in his Andre 3K and Eminem bag. And he's been getting further and further into his Eminem bag since then. As of right now. Cole just drops better verses than Kendrick. He's the better all around lyricist to me.

Same.

Kendrick makes up with his filler during verses with the voice changes.

Cole doesnā€™t really waste much of his verses anymore but like I said he does have the corny line here and here but heā€™s still potent with his tone and delivery

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
nikka why u bringing up shyt from 10 years ago? I said what verse THIS YEAR has Kendrick spit better than them shyts. I CLEARLY been saying Kendrick ain't been spitting better verses than Cole since like a decade ago. Don't tell me what the fukk I understand and don't understand when it comes to this emcee shyt nikka. I'm an emcee myself and I'm NICE nikka.

Do you think Nas has a verse from them Hitboy albums on the level of Cole's recent shyt? :jbhmm:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Its actually not. Cause that's not all he's better than Kendrick at. Matter fact. Kendrick is great with multi's and is more derivative of Eminem style wise than Cole will ever be. He may actually be better than Cole with multis.
I view them similarly on multis to be honest, which wasn't the case a decade or so ago when I would have said Kendrick was better (in part because he simply did it more).

My general view is that Cole is a better punchline lyricists, Kendrick is the better lyricist in general. Mainly because I think he's simply a better writer and more of an evocative, introspective lyricist which is what I prefer (see; Common, Mos, Nas, etc). Whether rapping from his own perspective or others. To me Cole didn't become solid at that until 4YEO, specifically the title track. A track that is rather similar to Sing About Me but doesn't reach those heights emotionally or lyrically because again, they are different writers.

I do not want people to think I'm shytting on Cole as a rapper. I'm on the record, Cole's last album (Off Seasn) is better than Kendrick's last album (Mr Morale).. My problem is simple: I don't want to hear the brag raps and "I'm the best' shyt from someone who had an opportunity to prove it and p*ssy'd out. I cannot respect that, and I can't really respect this track for the same reason.

My Em comparison is moreso about obsession with technical flows/writing over making great music. You can give Eminem the most simple melody in a beat, or basic beat and he's going to over rap on it every time. There were certainly Kendrick eras where he did that - specifically that post GKMC feature run, when he was doing too much - but he hasn't been on that wave in awhile now. Whereas it's all Cole does on features now. And it sticks out more because he often does it alongside a southern rapper or someone like Tee Grizzley. Cole used to be pretty melodic and really good at following where the beat was going, now he just stomps it out.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Yea I find it funny that they tried to compare Cole to Eminem when it comes to Kendrick. That's a joke. Lol. Section 80 was Kendrick in his Bone Thugs, Andre 3K and Lil Wayne bag. GKMC was Kendrick in his Andre 3K and Eminem bag. And he's been getting further and further into his Eminem bag since then. As of right now. Cole just drops better verses than Kendrick. He's the better all around lyricist to me.

Cole and Kendrick are both influenced by Eminem, but I think Cole gets compared to Eminem more because they're both heavily into wordplay and battle raps. Eminem tends to go for more basic, cheesy punchlines, but him and Cole have similar approaches to their songs.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Yeah I wish I could take my vote back. It's fire from a technical standpoint....but like I said in the thread title :demonic: this nikka still J Fold. The track is him slurping Drake and making excuses as to why he dropped out

• Dap
Reactions: hex