J Cole - Port Antonio (The Fall Off coming soon?)

Fire or nah?

• Fire

Votes: 119 62.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 73 38.0%

• Total voters

REdefinition

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Actually 2pac is the GOAT to me and I always advocate for his lyricism. Nas is also GOAT to me and he's not big on schemes n shyt like that. U saying it's basic. But yet aint posted shyt that Kendrick has done in the last 5 years that's like that. U nikkas just write shyt off. "Oh it's basic". "Oh it's nothing anyone can do it". Meanwhile ACTUAL emcees appreciate the shyt Cole is doing. Cause guess what? Not only his he's scheming. He's actually saying something along with it. Painting a picture. He wasn't just scheming for the sake of it. That's what makes it dope. Cause it ties into what he's saying. But u nikkas know that. U just move goal posts based on who u fukk wit. I seen nikkas breaking down and going crazy over the most basic Kendrick shyt this whole year. But acting like these bars ain't good enough. Ok. Whatever yall say. Lol

Shield & Sword

All Star
Daps
Actually 2pac is the GOAT to me and I always advocate for his lyricism. Nas is also GOAT to me and he's not big on schemes n shyt like that. U saying it's basic. But yet aint posted shyt that Kendrick has done in the last 5 years that's like that. U nikkas just write shyt off. "Oh it's basic". "Oh it's nothing anyone can do it". Meanwhile ACTUAL emcees appreciate the shyt Cole is doing. Cause guess what? Not only his he's scheming. He's actually saying something along with it. Painting a picture. He wasn't just scheming for the sake of it. That's what makes it dope. Cause it ties into what he's saying. But u nikkas know that. U just move goal posts based on who u fukk wit. I seen nikkas breaking down and going crazy over the most basic Kendrick shyt this whole year. But acting like these bars ain't good enough. Ok. Whatever yall say. Lol

I've said it before... if you prefer Cole's lyricism over Kendrick that is completely fine. There's nothing wrong with that. I'm not the Kendrick fan you think I am.

But if you think that MJ scheme (and generic poverty tales) is better than anything Kendrick rapped across Euphoria, 6.16, Meet The Grahams and Not Like Us, it tells me all I need to know. :hubie:

Shield & Sword

All Star
Daps
Now this other thing @spliz ... address this? And Cole's manager said "that ain't what happened" re Control. Is he also a liar?

I literally posted an interview where the PLATFORM that interviewed Punch states that it was over the Control verse. Yall nikkas act like them TDE nikkas is above lying.

me & i believe it was @hex spoke on this a few weeks ago

you posted minute long clip. that is taken out of context
what punch is talking about is Cole & Diddy

kendrick & tde is just watching whats going on

there a 5 minute video of that clip you posted. It had nothing to do with kendrick

kendrick & cole were having a convo before that incident. and then puff ran up on cole and tried pressing him. Cole & Puffy were already arguing about some other shyt before tde walked in the club

point isCole swang on diddy then emory swung on cole but emory didnt know it was cole

none of this involved kendrick or the control verse

The myth that was out there, which people have been running with, is that this was about Control. R&B Money is seeking to clarify what happened based on that. Hence the headline. Punch is talking about Cole and Diddy. Cole’s manager more or less said the same thing.

Comprehension is low today. You out here saying all of us are special and you are in the twlight zone. How?

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Boy that nikka who was on his therapist couch about this beef is spiraling the fukk out in this thread :russ:
nikka your family and bytch need to check you into a psychiatric clinic for real or place your ass on a 5150:russ:
nikkas talking about bots and all kinds of shyt
Be the mayne chumps with the most posts in threads like this
Makes you wonder doesn’t it:russ:
Once again nikkas are trying to weaponize this beige donut colored nikka like they did once all this shyt started
He is not above any of this
He is not the better, bigger man
He saw this ass whoopin coming, tucked tail and got ghost
You can’t be rapping on tracks talking about STICKS and how busy you get and how you saw how busy your nikkas get for upteen years
Then try to Buddha your way out and use that as an excuse not to run a friendly fade
You saw the same nikka that has a white momma like you out here doing the most against a nikka that’s far superior to your rap skills and body of work and knew you wasn’t going to survive a friendly fade or a knock down, dragged out bout
The nikka had a come to Jesus moment and tried the peace shyt because in every hearts of men
You know when you can beat someone truly and when you can’t
You been calling from high heavens for work and competition
Said work and competition finally said here you go and you did what you did
Now you saying it’s about bots, money and losing a “brother” with a shady ass past :russ:
Yeah hip hop is cooked and this specific thread shows how old nikkas and young nikkas are fried
Ain’t no way you nikkas truly listen to this bullshyt and said
Yeah that boy Cole cooking
Again this is some more substandard, sneak dissing shyt and I can’t even in good conscience listen to this nikka any more outside Red Leather
He been talking cocky for years and ran
I would’ve supported buddy win, lose or draw because he stood on it and at least fought or threw some punches
Talking about shyt can get PRICEY AND HUNTING RABBITS but the shyt backfired like Elmer Fudd:dead:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Boy that nikka who was on his therapist couch about this beef is spiraling the fukk out in this thread :russ:
nikka your family and bytch need to check you into a psychiatric clinic for real or place your ass on a 5150:russ:
nikkas talking about bots and all kinds of shyt
Be the mayne chumps with the most posts in threads like this
Makes you wonder doesn’t it:russ:
Once again nikkas are trying to weaponize this beige donut colored nikka like they did once all this shyt started
He is not above any of this
He is not the better, bigger man
He saw this ass whoopin coming, tucked tail and got ghost
You can’t be rapping on tracks talking about STICKS and how busy you get and how you saw how busy your nikkas get for upteen years
Then try to Buddha your way out and use that as an excuse not to run a friendly fade
You saw the same nikka that has a white momma like you out here doing the most against a nikka that’s far superior to your rap skills and body of work and knew you wasn’t going to survive a friendly fade or a knock down, dragged out bout
The nikka had a come to Jesus moment and tried the peace shyt because in every hearts of men
You know when you can beat someone truly and when you can’t
You been calling from high heavens for work and competition
Said work and competition finally said here you go and you did what you did
Now you saying it’s about bots, money and losing a “brother” with a shady ass past :russ:
Yeah hip hop is cooked and this specific thread shows how old nikkas and young nikkas are fried
Ain’t no way you nikkas truly listen to this bullshyt and said
Yeah that boy Cole cooking
Again this is some more substandard, sneak dissing shyt and I can’t even in good conscience listen to this nikka any more outside Red Leather
He been talking cocky for years and ran
I would’ve supported buddy win, lose or draw because he stood on it and at least fought or threw some punches
Talking about shyt can get PRICEY AND HUNTING RABBITS but the shyt backfired like Elmer Fudd:dead:
Look at this fukkin essay. Stfu cornball. Lol.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I've said it before... if you prefer Cole's lyricism over Kendrick that is completely fine. There's nothing wrong with that. I'm not the Kendrick fan you think I am.

But if you think that MJ scheme (and generic poverty tales) is better than anything Kendrick rapped across Euphoria, 6.16, Meet The Grahams and Not Like Us, it tells me all I need to know. :hubie:
Man the shyt that nikka was spittin on them diss tracks wasn't that hot bruh. 6:16 was his best lyrical showcase this whole battle. Not Like Us wasn't that dope lyrically at all. That shyt was just catchy. U think Not Like Us has better verses than the verses Cole been spitting this year? U nikkas crazy af. Lol.

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
It's very obvious what Coles whole writing process is. He finds a phrase....like "develop my plot"....and then he just finds a dozen more phrases that rhyme with that. The he lines em all up and fills in the blanks. Which is why so many of his lines sound so forced. Because he's already boxed himself into these pre written phrases. He's not really "writing"....he's just doing word association/fill in the blanks shyt. It's a very basic writing style.

Cole can do that shyt all day in his sleep. So could Kendrick. Or any semi-decent rapper. But you could give Cole all the time in the world, and he could never come up with that Atlanta/colonizer scheme. Cause that's deeper than just "rhyming".....that's a creative level of writing and thought process that Cole is not capable of. Anybody can just rhyme words. But can you rhyme words while also weaving them into imaginative schemes and concepts?

Anybody who thinks Coles writing style is harder than Kendricks is an absolute moron. Kendrick is an entirely different level than cole. Always has been. Always will be.
That was no scheme lol. And that shyt was nullified with the Majorie Taylor Green inspired “The settlers was usin' town folk to make 'em richer”. Imagine referring to slave owners and white supremacist as “settlers”? Imagine belittling your ancestry to “town folk”. Cole would never. But it’s okay Kenny gonna perform at the Suoer Bowl halftime show and edit out “and we hate po po” again.

• Wow
Reactions: ISO

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
That was no scheme lol. And that shyt was nullified with the Majorie Taylor Green inspired “The settlers was usin' town folk to make 'em richer”. Imagine referring to slave owners and white supremacist as “settlers”? Imagine belittling your ancestry to “town folk”. Cole would never. But it’s okay Kenny gonna perform at the Suoer Bowl halftime show and edit out “and we hate po po” again.
Not for nothing, but that verse isn't talking about slavery, it's talking about post-slavery reconstruction era Atlanta. So the free blacks in Atlanta during that time were quite literally townsfolk, and the "New South" initiative attracted investors to Atlanta that would quite literally be called settlers.

After the Civil War ended in 1865, Atlanta was gradually rebuilt during the Reconstruction era. The work attracted many new residents. Due to the city's superior rail transportation network, the state capital was moved from Milledgeville to Atlanta in 1868.[40] In the 1880 Census, Atlanta had surpassed Savannah as Georgia's largest city.[41]

Beginning in the 1880s, Henry W. Grady, the editor of the Atlanta Constitution newspaper, promoted Atlanta to potential investors as a city of the "New South" that would be based upon a modern economy and less reliant on agriculture. By 1885, the founding of the Georgia School of Technology (now the Georgia Institute of Technology) and the Atlanta University Center, a consortium of historically Black colleges made up of units for men and women, had established Atlanta as a center for higher education. In 1895, Atlanta hosted the Cotton States and International Exposition, which attracted nearly 800,000 attendees and successfully promoted the New South's development to the world.
[42]

Last edited:

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
Not for nothing, but that verse isn't talking about slavery, it's talking about post-slavery reconstruction era Atlanta. So the free blacks in Atlanta during that time were quite literally townsfolk, and the "New South" initiative attracted investors to Atlanta that would quite literally be called settlers.

After the Civil War ended in 1865, Atlanta was gradually rebuilt during the Reconstruction era. The work attracted many new residents. Due to the city's superior rail transportation network, the state capital was moved from Milledgeville to Atlanta in 1868.[40] In the 1880 Census, Atlanta had surpassed Savannah as Georgia's largest city.[41]

Beginning in the 1880s, Henry W. Grady, the editor of the Atlanta Constitution newspaper, promoted Atlanta to potential investors as a city of the "New South" that would be based upon a modern economy and less reliant on agriculture. By 1885, the founding of the Georgia School of Technology (now the Georgia Institute of Technology) and the Atlanta University Center, a consortium of historically Black colleges made up of units for men and women, had established Atlanta as a center for higher education. In 1895, Atlanta hosted the Cotton States and International Exposition, which attracted nearly 800,000 attendees and successfully promoted the New South's development to the world.
[42]

If calling “former slave owners” or “descendants of slave owners” town folk doesn’t sound like some white washed revisionist history shyt I don’t know what to tell you

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
If calling “former slave owners” or “descendants of slave owners” town folk doesn’t sound like some white washed revisionist history shyt I don’t know what to tell you
It seems like you're trying to conflate cacs calling slaves "migrants" to free blacks after the civil war being called townsfolk, which doesnt make any sense. What were the free blacks that dominated regions in the south in the late 19th and early 20th century to you, if not the townsfolk of those towns?