J Cole - Port Antonio (The Fall Off coming soon?)

Fire or nah?

• Fire

Votes: 119 61.7%
  • Nah

Votes: 74 38.3%

• Total voters

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Cole all the time in the world, and he could never come up with that Atlanta/colonizer scheme. Cause that's deeper than just "rhyming".....that's a creative level of writing and thought process that Cole is not capable of. Anybody can just rhyme words. But can you rhyme words while also weaving them into imaginative schemes and concepts?
That shyt was basic and he got that shyt from Twitter taking points

Jesus :mjlol:

The end rhymes were basic, the scheme is shyt that’s been said about Drake for years, only thing he did was add some historical context for two lines to set it up but it’s nothing crazy

Just say you like Kendrick’s marketing and what he’s supposed to symbolize more than Cole.

Last edited:

2ATMsYouSteppinOrWhat

No Round 2’s :camumad:
Daps
Bots be like that.

And you a goofy for saying he has no good albums.

4YEO is a classic. Forest Hills is good too.

Off-Season, FNL and Warm Up are dope projects.

nikkas in here talking bout not even a top 20 track released this week :mjlol: Y'all the most pathetic stan base in all of music.

4YEO is a classic?
but you calling me goofy:umad:

People in real life would disagree.
Lemme guess, you only like the rap albums white critics and publications validate and tell you are hot right? This thread is insufferable hating.

people in real life also think youngboy & durk are great rappers so idk whatre you even barking about

for such a good/great rapper cole seems to drop mid projects that get labeled as good/classic because alot of people are just casual listeners

you wont ever hear anyone say a J Cole album is one of there favorite rap albums of all time. or even dare to compare any of his albums to actual great/classic albums because cole hasnt dropped anything worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as actual great albums.

asfar as the critic shyt idek what that means but ok

Sammy Steez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MKE
Kendrick is dropping universally acclaimed albums all the time...albums that are objectively critic-proof because of how flawless they are from a pure quality angle. Cole doesn't have it in him to even make a good project lol. The man doesn't even comprehend complex musical ideas. Don't even try to compare them, Kendrick is recognized as one of the very best musicians for legitimate reasons. Very few artists are seeing him as far as albums go.

It's like comparing Adam Levine to Prince, or Justin Bieber to George Clinton...
All this waxing poetic, yet Cole isn’t the one who’s doing features like this…

Please break down to me how I’m missing or can’t comprehend the complex musicality. Y’all really just be saying anything.

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
nikkas so thirsty to put me in beef
Dissectin' my words and start lookin' too deep
I look at the tweets and start suckin' my teeth
I'm lettin' it rock 'cause I love the mystique
I still wanna get me a song with YB
Can't trust everything that you saw on IG
Just know if I diss you, I'd make sure you know that I hit you like I'm on your caller ID

:beli:

Cole already told yall. He wasnt dissing and shouted kendrick out on the song. Yall act like no one ever said big stepper before
“If you’re the big stepper, I’m a land mine here”. -Cole (2021)

These guys just skim through the music. I laughed when they revised history and said Cole was sending subs at Dot on FPS.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
that bum aint never drop a good album in his life

He’s sold millions of records

You can say his albums aren’t good to you but it’s impossible to say something isn’t good if millions of people like it because it’s obviously good to them same goes for Drake Kendrick any other artist

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Arguably what he said was worse: he's lamenting a battle that went too far while simutaneously bragging that if he had participated he would have...gone too far as well. The problem is that he DID participate. You can't get on a high horse about this shyt when you've been involved since the jump. We can go beyond Like That too. This is the same dude who was so bothered by Control that he dropped an emotional response (TKO) and then tried to replicate Control a year later (Note To Self) with the same 'name dropping but it's not a diss" approach, while also claiming that the entire idea of a "crown" was so corrosive he had to kill it. Fine. Cool. If that's where the story ended. Instead he picked that shyt up again a few years later on some rap exercise shyt, focusing entirely on proving he was the best rapper and taking subs at Drake and Kendrick lol.

My point is simple: Cole's entire career is an example of overthinking into paralysis. From his first album onwards he has multiple interviews or moments where he has described a truly convoluted, tortured process of making music where he thinks he's going to do one thing, then wonders what [insert person or group] thinks about it, so he goes another route until he fears that [insert xyz] misunderstanding may occur so he changes route. Fast forward to a few months ago...this is how a nikka goes from dropping the first OFFICIAL diss song of the entire battle to tossing and turning in his sleep so much that he decided to bow out a battle, apologize, and tell another man to take his best shot and he'll take it on the chin.

You know we're right Splitz. Hell you were agreeing with us a few weeks/months ago. But now your boy back outside with some more rappity rap verses and you want to defend him again. Nah. It's over for Cole on this front. I don't want to hear not one more verse, noun, verb or sentence from this nikka about being the best at anything. That shyt is OVER.

never really thought about the analysis-paralysis piece. :ehh:

i cant think of anyone from this big 3's generation who has spent more time telling nikkas "you dont want it" than cole. there are for sure others. but in terms of people casual consumers would hear? no one popped that shyt more than cole.

he literally tried to take over the boogieman lane with that pre-"fatal shooter" feature run.

so how you go from "you don't want it"...
to "i dont want it"...
to "if you think i don't want it you're wrong... i was just being the bigger man... b/c i def could've showed you that YOU don't want it... PS: you don't want it"

FOH. :laff:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

i cant think of anyone from this big 3's generation who has spent more time telling nikkas "you dont want it" than cole. there are for sure others. but in terms of people casual consumers would hear? no one popped that shyt more than cole.

he literally tried to take over the boogieman lane with that pre-"fatal shooter" feature run.

to "i dont want it"...
to "if you think i don't want it you're wrong... i was just being the bigger man... b/c i def could've showed you that YOU don't want it... PS: you don't want it"

:russ::russ::russ:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I remember you being one of the main people saying no one listens to Kendrick like that.

This year probably got you fukked up :mjlol:
This beef got him some play

I’m not sit here and lie say nikkas out here riding round to King Kunta

U wanna be delusional have at it

He has his fans that listen to him but in a culturally relative wider hip hop sense his shyt doesn’t get play like that since GKMC

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

to "i dont want it"...