J Cole - Port Antonio (The Fall Off coming soon?)

Fire or nah?

• Fire

Votes: 119 61.7%
  • Nah

Votes: 74 38.3%

• Total voters

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's a pretty bad track, but for Splitz' low standards I'm sure it sounds good to his ears
Let us not forget this is a paid Kendrick bot and/or employee. Look at his post history. He has one post not related to Kendrick Lamar and it’s about Killers of the Flower Moon :mjlol:

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's very obvious what Coles whole writing process is. He finds a phrase....like "develop my plot"....and then he just finds a dozen more phrases that rhyme with that. The he lines em all up and fills in the blanks. Which is why so many of his lines sound so forced. Because he's already boxed himself into these pre written phrases. He's not really "writing"....he's just doing word association/fill in the blanks shyt. It's a very basic writing style.

Cole can do that shyt all day in his sleep. So could Kendrick. Or any semi-decent rapper. But you could give Cole all the time in the world, and he could never come up with that Atlanta/colonizer scheme. Cause that's deeper than just "rhyming".....that's a creative level of writing and thought process that Cole is not capable of. Anybody can just rhyme words. But can you rhyme words while also weaving them into imaginative schemes and concepts?

Anybody who thinks Coles writing style is harder than Kendricks is an absolute moron. Kendrick is an entirely different level than cole. Always has been. Always will be.
It’s funny, every time that part comes on in “Not Like Us” my wife and I just bust out laughing. Like this dude just broke out a history lesson in a song, while making it enjoyable and able to sing to. Pure genius.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
since the age of fourteen, jermaine is no king
if that means I gotta dig up dirt and pay the whole team
of algorithm bot nikkas just to sway the whole thing

:scust:

been shytting on drake stans for months, but one of the corniest parts of the battle is definitely these weird ass bot farms. at least make it more obvious idiot(s) :dead:

I seen the dude who called hex a scorned bytch get bushed but mods can't do the same with these bots that's clearly run by the same guy

Overpss

Pro
Daps
Anyone else caught how Cole is using a S. type cut everytime he has rhythmic transitions to hide the fact he can't flow? It's like the dude really doesn't know how to rap a bar at all.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Tracks already got 1.2 million views :mjlol: so much for "losing his fanbase" because internet chat board posters didn't like his decision to not beef. Goofy ass internet nikkas always think they are more important in the grand scheme than they ever actually are in reality. Lmao

Overpss

Pro
Daps
It's very obvious what Coles whole writing process is. He finds a phrase....like "develop my plot"....and then he just finds a dozen more phrases that rhyme with that. The he lines em all up and fills in the blanks. Which is why so many of his lines sound so forced. Because he's already boxed himself into these pre written phrases. He's not really "writing"....he's just doing word association/fill in the blanks shyt. It's a very basic writing style.

Cole can do that shyt all day in his sleep. So could Kendrick. Or any semi-decent rapper. But you could give Cole all the time in the world, and he could never come up with that Atlanta/colonizer scheme. Cause that's deeper than just "rhyming".....that's a creative level of writing and thought process that Cole is not capable of. Anybody can just rhyme words. But can you rhyme words while also weaving them into imaginative schemes and concepts?

Anybody who thinks Coles writing style is harder than Kendricks is an absolute moron. Kendrick is an entirely different level than cole. Always has been. Always will be.
Budden made a video about this, explaining how Cole's writing process is probably the weakest shyt you'll ever hear in rap. He's not wrong, even Big Sean raps better :yeshrug:

Overpss

Pro
Daps
Cole will forever be considered as the one with the worst albums (out of any respectable mainstream rappers of this era) and the worst rapping :mjcry:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
He never said he would've won.
Arguably what he said was worse: he's lamenting a battle that went too far while simutaneously bragging that if he had participated he would have...gone too far as well. The problem is that he DID participate. You can't get on a high horse about this shyt when you've been involved since the jump. We can go beyond Like That too. This is the same dude who was so bothered by Control that he dropped an emotional response (TKO) and then tried to replicate Control a year later (Note To Self) with the same 'name dropping but it's not a diss" approach, while also claiming that the entire idea of a "crown" was so corrosive he had to kill it. Fine. Cool. If that's where the story ended. Instead he picked that shyt up again a few years later on some rap exercise shyt, focusing entirely on proving he was the best rapper and taking subs at Drake and Kendrick lol.

My point is simple: Cole's entire career is an example of overthinking into paralysis. From his first album onwards he has multiple interviews or moments where he has described a truly convoluted, tortured process of making music where he thinks he's going to do one thing, then wonders what [insert person or group] thinks about it, so he goes another route until he fears that [insert xyz] misunderstanding may occur so he changes route. Fast forward to a few months ago...this is how a nikka goes from dropping the first OFFICIAL diss song of the entire battle to tossing and turning in his sleep so much that he decided to bow out a battle, apologize, and tell another man to take his best shot and he'll take it on the chin.

You know we're right Splitz. Hell you were agreeing with us a few weeks/months ago. But now your boy back outside with some more rappity rap verses and you want to defend him again. Nah. It's over for Cole on this front. I don't want to hear not one more verse, noun, verb or sentence from this nikka about being the best at anything. That shyt is OVER.