J Cole - Port Antonio (The Fall Off coming soon?)

Fire or nah?

• Fire

Votes: 119 62.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 73 38.0%

• Total voters

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Daylyt is a troll. Thats literally his claim to fame. Acknowledging him at all be you Drake, Kendrick or Cole is just feeding him.

And the “Did Cole foul” shyt is just a bar in a battle. For the record, I don’t think anybody did Cole foul in this situation except Cole himself by even releasing 7 Minute Drill when he knew in his heart he didn’t want it with Dot. Drake in no way did Cole foul nor did Kendrick. Cole growled like a wolf for two years and then whined like a pup when shyt got real. He’s gotta live with that.

My issue with Drake and Cole is that when it comes to this particular battle their both hypocrites trying to have it both ways. Drake wants to be a benevolent King whose friends with everyone and just gifted them hit songs out of the goodness of his heart while fukking their girls and throwing sneak disses and publicly wonders why his “friends” hate his guts.

Cole wants to be the Super Saiyan Vegeta of this rap shyt going around challenging any and all to step forth and try his might and then folds and cops to friendship and brotherhood when one of the only rappers whose been put squarely above him amongst their generation of rappers smacks him back and says “lets go”. He’s not Vegeta. He’s not even Goku. He’s Yaijarobe, who’d rather be friends with everybody and sing kumbaya.
I agree with your assessment except to say Kendrick is also a hypocrite and a hater who seems to be non confrontational in person then drops tough bars about you

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I agree with your assessment except to say Kendrick is also a hypocrite and a hater who seems to be non confrontational in person then drops tough bars about you

Kendrick been on “fukk Drake” time for a decade though. Like I said before you can’t find one quote from Kendrick speaking positively about Drake past 2015. Its been disses and subliminals since that year.

If he’s been hypocritical about anything, his attitude towards Drake ain’t one of them.

Yecht

Superstar
Daps
Cole wants to be the Super Saiyan Vegeta of this rap shyt going around challenging any and all to step forth and try his might and then folds and cops to friendship and brotherhood when one of the only rappers whose been put squarely above him amongst their generation of rappers smacks him back and says “lets go”. He’s not Vegeta. He’s not even Goku. He’s Yaijarobe, who’d rather be friends with everybody and sing kumbaya.

A Nas slurper AND an anime loving fakkit. Another piece of the puzzle falls into place :huhldup:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Cole really gets called the current best rapper out the big 3 for rhyming:

developed my plot
skeletons locked
I never would swap
melanin mocked
devilish opps
tryna tell him to stop
heavy-metal get popped
hell of a shot
bet on the block
federals knock

:heh:

I must have completely different standards for what an elite MC is.

"You feel the ambience, y'all nikkas just rhyme"

It's very obvious what Coles whole writing process is. He finds a phrase....like "develop my plot"....and then he just finds a dozen more phrases that rhyme with that. The he lines em all up and fills in the blanks. Which is why so many of his lines sound so forced. Because he's already boxed himself into these pre written phrases. He's not really "writing"....he's just doing word association/fill in the blanks shyt. It's a very basic writing style.

Cole can do that shyt all day in his sleep. So could Kendrick. Or any semi-decent rapper. But you could give Cole all the time in the world, and he could never come up with that Atlanta/colonizer scheme. Cause that's deeper than just "rhyming".....that's a creative level of writing and thought process that Cole is not capable of. Anybody can just rhyme words. But can you rhyme words while also weaving them into imaginative schemes and concepts?

Anybody who thinks Coles writing style is harder than Kendricks is an absolute moron. Kendrick is an entirely different level than cole. Always has been. Always will be.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
It's very obvious what Coles whole writing process is. He finds a phrase....like "develop my plot"....and then he just finds a dozen more phrases that rhyme with that. The he lines em all up and fills in the blanks. Which is why so many of his lines sound so forced. Because he's already boxed himself into these pre written phrases. He's not really "writing"....he's just doing word association/fill in the blanks shyt. It's a very basic writing style.

Cole can do that shyt all day in his sleep. So could Kendrick. Or any semi-decent rapper. But you could give Cole all the time in the world, and he could never come up with that Atlanta/colonizer scheme. Cause that's deeper than just "rhyming".....that's a creative level of writing and thought process that Cole is not capable of. Anybody can just rhyme words. But can you rhyme words while also weaving them into imaginative schemes and concepts?....I thinks not. Anybody who thinks Coles writing style is harder than Kendricks is an absolute moron. Kendrick is an entirely different level than cole. Always has been. Always will be.
shawn-michaels-suck-it.gif

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
Good song and Cole can really rap rap. I just have no desire to play this ever again after a couple spins. Idk what else he can do at this point. Still excited for his guest verses though.