J Cole - Port Antonio (The Fall Off coming soon?)

Fire or nah?

• Fire

Votes: 119 62.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 73 38.0%

• Total voters

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
it dont matter how yall try and flip this lol

Kendrick said "fukk the big 3, its just be me" and stood on his square till the very day. Cole is the one that said anyone could get it, then proceeded to not come outside to fight in the playground.... he p*ssy.

I dont care how "creative" his reasoning is...

I woulda lost a brother
they battled for clicks and ego
im a deadly gun that didnt shoot

let Cole hold this L gracefully...he a nikka that raps well but is p*ssy. Facts are the facts

You’re having a conversation that no one is having. Who said Cole won anything. He dropped out of a rap battle. That’s an automatic L

Nobody is trying to give Kendrick Lamar anything but a victory. The entire world knows Kendrick is not to be fukked with, even the Drake fans. They just don’t wanna admit it. Kendrick won, this is understood

But interpreting that Cole line as “I would have beat Kendrick” is legitimately ridiculous. Comprehension is lost

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
You’re having a conversation that no one is having. Who said Cole won anything. He dropped out of a rap battle. That’s an automatic L

Nobody is trying to give Kendrick Lamar anything but a victory. The entire world knows Kendrick is not to be fukked with, even the Drake fans. They just don’t wanna admit it. Kendrick won, this is understood

But interpreting that Cole line as “I would have beat Kendrick” is legitimately ridiculous. Comprehension is lost
Coles pen is too sharp to even leave room for interpretation...he knows how nikkas would take that line...even if you feel its an elemntary way of viewing it.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Kendrick said "fukk the big 3, its just be me" and stood on his square till the very day. Cole is the one that said anyone could get it, then proceeded to not come outside to fight in the playground.... he p*ssy.

I woulda lost a brother

let Cole hold this L gracefully...he a nikka that raps well but is p*ssy. Facts are the facts

Right Cole has to change the narrative to make himself look good

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Coles pen is too sharp to even leave room for interpretation...he knows how nikkas would take that line...even if you feel its an elemntary way of viewing it.

My bad if it’s coming off like I’m calling ya’ll dumb. Lol

I just think when it comes to certain things, yall approach it with elementary ears. Yall suddenly forget how to comprehend and take everything at face value. All nuance, all context, everything… just lost for the sake of kicking up an argument. I genuinely can’t tell if it’s trolling or if ya’ll be serious

That crux of Cole record was clearly about backing out of the battle and having genuine love for Dot and Drake. Not wanting to play the beef game and lose nikkas he genuinely has love and respect for. Anyone hearing that and interpreting it as Cole choosing Drake and saying he would beat Kendrick but just didn’t want to or something… you’re clearly just purposely (or genuinely) hearing things

again, it’s like when Drake said “you always rapping like you tryna get the slaves freed, you just actin like an activist it’s make believe” or whatever the line was, and yall interpreted that as “I want black people to be slaves still..”

It’s like.. brother, excuse me?

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
my dawg texted me i share the words he said to me
If you refuse to shoot the gun that dont mean the gun aint deadly
i guess in that metaphor or hypothetically the gun is me
i texted back like i guess the gun aint what im trying to be my nikka

stark contrast to how he positioned himself prior to the beef poppin off :wow:

2ATMsYouSteppinOrWhat

No Round 2’s :camumad:
Daps
Fold had his chest out for years on some big bad wolf shyt, gets confronted, apologizes like a hoe, disapears until the smoke settled and pops back out and says "I wouldnt have lot the battle"

u nikkas defending this man is some hoes too :mjlol:

not only that he really said

“I walked away with all their blood on me”
:dahell::dahell::dahell::dahell::dahell::dahell::dahell::dahell::dahell::dahell::dahell:

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
Drake was botted up too.

And Drake’s “help” was always mutually beneficial. We gotta stop acting like these nikkas are the Justice League out here fighting for truth, justice, and the American way. Drake strategically jumped on bubbling or popping nikkas waves just like how Hov used to do. Kendrick was always going to be a superstar with or without Drake. Same for Migos, The Weeknd, Future, Asap, and even Cole himself. If Drake’s “help” was so crucial then DVSN, Majid Jordan, and Naomi Sharon would all be platinum selling artists and not just glorified ghostwriters.
Majid Jordan and DVSN have legit careers tho especially Majid

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean, people can interpret anything how they feel. I can interpret this song as him coming out of the closet.. that wouldn’t make it an educated interpretation, tho..

“I wouldn’t have lost a battle, I would have lost a brother and gained a foe”

Being interpreted as “I would have beat Kendrick!”

Is just a very dense. It ignores context and nuance.

i understand what you're saying. but it's not as simple as saying we're slow cause we see more in the line. and your example doesn't really hold up because you're making an interpretation that clearly isn't there. this is not so clear imo.

i interpret it as him saying both. because you can't say you were gonna lose a brother unless he's implying he would've done what he felt was needed to win. he wasn't gonna lose a brother over 7 minute drill. no one believes that. he knows that. so if you're gonna say you would've lost a brother, say that. dont put it in the context of what you could've done in the battle, where it can be interpreted like "i could've really turned up, but i didn't because...".

that's what i mean when i say the responsibility is on cole.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
The rapping here is great but Kendrick on 6:16 in La is better.

Kendrick on any given day can outrap Cole. Just because Cole can make it competitive unlike Drake doesn’t take away from Kendrick supreme MC skills.
Kendrick hasn't spit verses that Cole has done this year in years. There's nothing he's done this year that proves that. Not even 6:16 in LA. Kendrick isn't a better rapper than J Cole. And this is a sentiment that plenty actual emcees have.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

I woulda lost a brother

Truth.com

Both Drake and Cole’s achilles heels are they been trying to have it both ways this whole time while Kendrick been standing on business.

After Control dropped and Drake cried like a little girl and went on ESPN talking shyt Kendrick said “fukk you”. And its BEEN “fukk Drake” since that time period. You literally cannot find one quote from Kendrick saying a positive word about Drake after 2015. Drake threw subs, then wiffle-waffled between calling Kendrick a king and saying Kendrick couldn’t match him.

Cole spent two years STRAIGHT building himself up as the boogie man that nobody could out-bar and as soon as Kendrick said “lace em up, its gonna be a long night”, Cole flip-flopped on the biggest stage imaginable. Now he’s literally talking about how much Kendrick’s friendship means when less than a year ago he said that when it came to Kendrick, he felt like Muhammad Ali. Ali was a man who talked shyt and fought Frazier in three of the toughest fights of his career. This DESPITE Frazier looking out for Ali when he was bankrupt and damn near homeless. Ali didn’t have no friends when it came to getting in that ring, for better or worse, he was going on there to tear a nikkas’s head off. Then Cole talking “I wouldn’t have lost the battle”. nikka YOU can’t say that because you stepped down when the moment to show everyone came your way.

Drake wants to be friends with everyone while riding their waves, fukking their girls, and talking hot shyt in ghostwritten subliminals and then cry onstage about nikkas turning they backs on him. The same man that fukked his mentor’s girlfriend while said mentor was rotting in prison going through drug withdrawals.

Cole wants to be the undisputed best while making sure that his two closest competitors feel secure in the fact that he’d never disrespect them. He’s always going to choose brotherhood over competition but still throw subliminals and call himself a dangerous weapon.

These nikkas are confused.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
My bad if it’s coming off like I’m calling ya’ll dumb. Lol

I just think when it comes to certain things, yall approach it with elementary ears. Yall suddenly forget how to comprehend and take everything at face value. All nuance, all context, everything… just lost for the sake of kicking up an argument. I genuinely can’t tell if it’s trolling or if ya’ll be serious

That crux of Cole record was clearly about backing out of the battle and having genuine love for Dot and Drake. Not wanting to play the beef game and lose nikkas he genuinely has love and respect for. Anyone hearing that and interpreting it as Cole choosing Drake and saying he would beat Kendrick but just didn’t want to or something… you’re clearly just purposely (or genuinely) hearing things

again, it’s like when Drake said “you always rapping like you tryna get the slaves freed, you just actin like an activist it’s make believe” or whatever the line was, and yall interpreted that as “I want black people to be slaves still..”

It’s like.. brother, excuse me?
Perfect explanation. The arguments surrounding any of this shyt is so disingenuous it's actually hard to talk about rap shyt on this site anymore. I feel like everything has an emotion or agenda behind it on here.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I hate that J Cole got involved in the Kendrick v Drake. Good song and still one of my GOATs

its clear that he's closer to Drake than Kendrick. I don't think Kendrick and Cole are close at all tbh more of a mutual respect thing

Then that makes Cole look even worse to be honest.

Any true fan of Cole better WISH that Cole and Kendrick are thick as thieves the way Cole bent that knee. In rap mutual respect isn’t near enough to explain what Cole did and the absolute hypocrisy he’s shown.