J Cole - Port Antonio (The Fall Off coming soon?)

Fire or nah?

• Fire

Votes: 119 62.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 73 38.0%

• Total voters

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Talking to yourself is nasty work breh :dead:
Nicas go back to listening to NLU and nutting . don’t need an another person. Also go find me all this proof that ebonyprince had , you just mad that BOTH Drake and Kendrick rap capped but you put all your hopes in Kendrick as if he’s Jesus

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
people interpreting “I wouldn’t have lost a battle I would have lost a brother” as “I would have won the battle” is giving 3rd grade reading level

I expect nothing less from some of ya’ll unfortunately. Anything is possible when you can’t read

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I still don’t get why Drake should at all be justified at being mad at Cole. They weren’t going to team-diss Kendrick because it would make both of them look weak. Drake’s beef with Kendrick has NOTHING to do with Cole. Its on Cole to feel like he needed to respond directly to the Like That verse and then its on Cole to follow through. But NOT on behalf of Drake. If Drake really thought he was going to hide behind Cole during the battle then he’s a bigger wuss and coward then ANYBODY actually knew.
This is it here...

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
people interpreting “I wouldn’t have lost a battle I would have lost a brother” as “I would have won the battle” is giving 3rd grade reading level

I expect nothing less from some of ya’ll unfortunately. Anything is possible when you can’t read

so double-meanings are no longer a thing in hip hop? there wasn't a 3-5 year trend of rappers bragging about how many entendres they could force into a line? every line only means one thing now?

people dont have to be dumb just because you dont agree with how the line is being interpreted. the responsibility for misinterpretation always falls on the writer. not the reader. ESPECIALLY with someone like cole, who throughout his career has repeatedly taken shots at unnamed targets and left it for the audience to connect the dots.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
so double-meanings are no longer a thing in hip hop? there wasn't a 3-5 year trend of rappers bragging about how many entendres they could force into a line? every line only means one thing now?

people dont have to be dumb just because you dont agree with how the line is being interpreted. the responsibility for misinterpretation always falls on the writer. not the reader. ESPECIALLY with someone like cole, who throughout his career has repeatedly taken shots at unnamed targets and left it for the audience to connect the dots.

I mean, people can interpret anything how they feel. I can interpret this song as him coming out of the closet.. that wouldn’t make it an educated interpretation, tho..

“I wouldn’t have lost a battle, I would have lost a brother and gained a foe”

Being interpreted as “I would have beat Kendrick!”

Is just a very dense. It ignores context and nuance.

But I’m dealing with the same people who interpreted Drake questioning Kendrick’s sincerity as Drake wanting black people to be slaves, so I can’t be surprised

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL

it dont matter how yall try and flip this lol

Kendrick said "fukk the big 3, its just be me" and stood on his square till the very day. Cole is the one that said anyone could get it, then proceeded to not come outside to fight in the playground.... he p*ssy.

I dont care how "creative" his reasoning is...

I woulda lost a brother
they battled for clicks and ego
im a deadly gun that didnt shoot

let Cole hold this L gracefully...he a nikka that raps well but is p*ssy. Facts are the facts

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
fein-carti.gif
:wow:Fold fold fold fold