J. Cole - Might Delete Later (Discussion Thread)

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
I don't even know why they stepped in the ring
A few seconds in and they throwing the towel in

Central Cee predicted it :mjlol:

This is one of the all time clown moves in hip hop. You can't drop a dis then walk back everything. Then you took shots on a song with Daylyt and Ab who are on TDE so you got them looking crazy.

Kendrick needs to go ahead and respond. They can make up afterwards.

Oh shyt right I forgot he has multiple shots spread across this tape, and he took a shot at Future too... wow this is bad. Only way he gets out of this is if the stans spin it as the mature thing to do and just say fukk the rules of rap music. Lol J.Cole the rap purist, the lyric snob who hates on Soulja Boy scared to battle. You know who was NEVER scared to battle or scrap?

BIG DRACO

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
nikkas had a problem and called him boring when he was more though provoking. Son has albums full of that and nikkas ain't appreciate that. Son just talking his shyt and flexing now. Good shyt.

Hopefully the album is not like this. I am trying to hear this J Cole

Rhyme n Tekniq

Superstar
Daps
not even a day 1 die hard fan, but i respect his craft

Completely fumbled a great hip hop moment,

right there at the cusp of changing the narrative and making the ascent to a new level

and all that gusto you had through the album, means nothing now,

fukk, fukk, fukk, breh shouldve just stood on it and ran up the clock, if he wanted to take the pacifist route, which is I guess on brand for Cole, but I thought breh was having a breakthrough, and now this...

legit disgusted,

my girl a big Cole fan and even she had the :francis:

Last edited:

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

right there at the cusp of changing the narrative and making the ascent to a new level

fukk, fukk, fukk, breh shouldve just stood on it and ran up the clock, if he wanted to take the pacifist route, which is I guess on brand for Cole, but I thought breh was having a breakthrough, and now this...

legit disgusted,

This is exactly how I feel.

7 minutes was looking to debut at number 7 in the country and the mixtape was going number 1 regardless if anyone think it’s good or not HE HAD A MOMENT to capitalize and change his narrative

It’s mind boggling bro

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

legit disgusted,

my girl a big Cole fan and even she had the :francis:

Rhyme n Tekniq

Superstar
Daps
This is exactly how I feel.

7 minutes was looking to debut at number 7 in the country and the mixtape was going number 1 regardless if anyone think it’s good or not HE HAD A MOMENT to capitalize and change his narrative

It’s mind boggling bro
yeah, It's like I want to shoot him some bail, but I cant, because this shyt is inexcusable, dude fukked up and should've read the vibes in the air. How do you spontaneously drop to this much fanfare and hype then squander it especially when you was talking big shyt throughout the whole project? Now it dont sit right with his spirit? in a matter of 2days undid all of that goodwill and killed his newfound mystique.

Even watching the clip of him apologizing, I can hear the deflation sweeping across the crowd trying to process wtf they're seeing. Cole can spin it on some postive vibes shyt but i dont think detractors nor fans wanna hear that shyt. This is without question, a certified, ubiquitous L for Cole. The type of shyt future think pieces will cite as the true decline, sparking debates about "what if?" or "what was he thinking".

I hate it for bruh, i really do because while i'm a late comer to cole, I rooted for him. My introduction was the forrest hill drive album, before that I only knew of him from nikkas online referring to his music as Nyquil, around the 2008- 2012 time frame.
My girl started bumping him on our road trips and when "whos the king" shyt came on, I was like "Nyquil? the fukk was these nikkas talkin bout"

I hope he can salvage some measure of respect, because right now, shyt looking rough, Maybe Cole got wind of some shyt and realized he aint wanna feed into it. I dont question if this decision was genuinely something Cole wanted to do, because Cole has proven himself to be a cool, solid breh, who speaks from the heart but the optics....

:hhh:

Last edited: