J. Cole - Might Delete Later (Discussion Thread)

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
nikkas had a problem and called him boring when he was more though provoking. Son has albums full of that and nikkas ain't appreciate that. Son just talking his shyt and flexing now. Good shyt.

But this is a mixtape over a decade into the career. Off Season had multiple tracks that were thought provoking or thematic, and I expect The Fall Off will too. I didn't push play on this tape expecting anything beyond rappity rap exercises and disses. And I wasn't disappointed, besides the weak Kendrick diss lol. He did his thing.

The earlier mixtapes had more thematic shyt because he was trying to establish himself, trying to get a deal, etc. Totally different situation now.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Album is dope, but I still won’t say it’s his best. I do prefer FHD and 4YEO as far as albums but he’s spitting on here. Seems more like a mixtape though.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
You don't hear IYRTITL Drake in some of these songs?

A lot of the subject matter in these songs overlaps with Drakes usual content about opp talk, can't trust anyone, I'm bigger than everyone, no one fukking with me bars, etc. Cole clearly left the conscious and self righteous preachy shyt behind here.

I'm not mad at it though. I see Cole getting better with time and he absolutely needed to make more fun music like this than his usual stuff.
So Cole is trading in substance to be a fake mob boss like Drizzy???