J. Cole - Might Delete Later (Discussion Thread)

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Jay was cocky and arrogant but he also dropped a brick house on Mobb and Nas. It would have ended anyone else, but Nas ate that shyt and we all know what happened next. Whether looking at it in hindsight in 2024 or in 2001/2002....Jay's move made sense. Drop a kill shot, end it with a preview of what's coming next, and if Nas fights back you drop another kill shot with the Carmen shyt. Point is I'm not docking Jay points just because Nas is superhuman lol.

Jay understood he had to annihilate Nas, and felt he had ammo. Getting back to this situation...Cole isn't a killer like that, and Kendrick only has one weakness (his previous album). Not a lot of people rocking with this "TPAB was trash" shyt. Even Cole fukked with that album at the time. So you basically got a dude with three classics, one eh album, no scandals, no real flaws as a rapper...where is the angle, besides some personal shyt we wouldn't be privy to? Surely not some relationship shyt. Both those dudes were cheating on their girls for years before confessing on albums lol.

You can't "don't make me do it" to a nikka who has no conscious, rap wise because he's gonna do it without hesitation. That's my problem with this whole shyt. It's the same criticism I had of Drake for a decade. You can't jab Kendrick, you gotta kill him. And you SURE as fukk can't let him go first, which is what Cole is doing here. Kendrick is gonna push the envelope, there will be no "I fukk with that nikka but..." shyt. And given the weaknesses Cole has...I just don't like this position for him.

Maybe Kendrick fukks up the diss and I look stupid. But I seriously, seriously doubt that happens.

Don't matter how hard you hit the other guy, if they are able to counter and hit hard themselves, you can get ko'd. Jay believed in his own power which is understandable, Nas just had a good chin and a better left hook:ahh:

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Fever is great, yall wildin

Pi is so good it dont even make sense. I hope the instrumental circulates and we getting other nikkas rhyming on this shyt as a trend. Call Lux, Black Thought, Lupe and the other black Avengers to go in :wow:

Let me get out this thread, ive complimented Cole too much this week :scust:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Am I the only one who thinks Cole actually went there? That wasn't light to me, he critiqued Kendrick in a way I haven't heard any other rapper do. For years, Kendrick has been untouchable, but Cole just shattered that perception in three minutes. :whoo:

If this is just a warning shot, I don't want to see what Cole's going to do if he really tries. :picard:
In terms of calling him out yes, this will be the first real rap beef between top rappers in ages, content wise, this is PG-13

He didn't violate the lil nikka forreal, he bigged up previous albums in the verse and called him his brotha, didn't really dig into his character as a person, could've REALLY talked crazy about TDE falling apart and his lack of leadership on that front,

Oh and how he saved this nikka from :takedat: in real life

This is what nikkas mean when they say Cole gonna have to find a killer instinct to not get embarrassed cuz you know Kendrick isn't gonna have a single kind word in his response.

The difference between pushing a nikka at the beginning of a fight vs just stealing off on him

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
The amount of retconning :bryan:
Now everybody a Jermaine fan when I’ve been reading for years he makes NyQuil music for insomniacs:russ:
And a nikka just said he improves with every release
Y’all so damn disingenuous :Kd:
It took a 5 foot 6 nikka from Compton to make you appreciate Jermaine :sas2:
Go fold some clothes and drink some almond milk

All that gangasta talk this mulatto nikka doing ain’t moving shyt
You and Drake have white mothers
Stop it:childplease:
he is just coming into his prime. That's why "everyone is a Cole fan now"

We been fans but not of his albums. Just talent. Cole is very miss with bodies of work. It's the feature murders that got him here. And his album making ability has been increasing. Majority of rappers move in the opposite direction.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's no way nikkas can listen to his verse on Pi and think Kendrick better than this nikka right now. Wow.
Kendrick last output was pretty fukking great too I don't see what you're saying here...I mean yea cole is going crazy on this but he ain't doing shyt that kendrick isn't capable of. You stack their projects up and kendricks wins and it isn't close and this is coming from a lowkey stan of cole

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Kendrick last output was pretty fukking great too I don't see what you're saying here...I mean yea cole is going crazy on this but he ain't doing shyt that kendrick isn't capable of. You stack their projects up and kendricks wins and it isn't close and this is coming from a lowkey stan of cole
This isn't what I'm talking about. Show me Kendrick's last verse better than that Cole Pi verse. I'm talking about rapping ability right now.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
In terms of calling him out yes, this will be the first real rap beef between top rappers in ages, content wise, this is PG-13

He didn't violate the lil nikka forreal, he bigged up previous albums in the verse and called him his brotha, didn't really dig into his character as a person, could've REALLY talked crazy about TDE falling apart and his lack of leadership on that front,

Oh and how he saved this nikka from :takedat: in real life

This is what nikkas mean when they say Cole gonna have to find a killer instinct to not get embarrassed cuz you know Kendrick isn't gonna have a single kind word in his response.

The difference between pushing a nikka at the beginning of a fight vs just stealing off on him

Thats the bait though.

See what your opponent REALLY has to say about you and then counter. Cole just dropped a fire album off LOOSIES and responded with direct barbs. Now Kendrick is going to have to come at Cole full tilt. Cole can then not only respond, but put his response on The Fall Off and like Nas did with Stillmatic, potentially have a classic album AND diss song within the same year. He’d truly be number 1 if he could pull it off.

Medio

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
project is very good for a throwaway EP
only track i'm not feeling is Fever

can anyone explain to me who is the trans person he talm bout?, i'm lost lol

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
This isn't what I'm talking about. Show me Kendrick's last verse better than that Cole Pi verse. I'm talking about rapping ability right now.

He has none within the last few years and this is coming from a huge K.Dot fan.

His last verse even in that stratosphere is his Family Ties verse.

Cole is the first mainstream MC ever to actually WORK his way into elite status. It would be like if Rock Lee actually took Naruto’s spot and became Hokage (for
My anime heads) his growth is crazy. This nikka could get on a track with Ransom, Benny, Conway and Black Thought and eat them ALL alive. I truly believe it