J. Cole - Might Delete Later (Discussion Thread)

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
This album is REALLY great. It’s crazy Cole dropped a cohesive AOTY contender out of what are, presumably loosies from the Fall Off sessions.
Doesn't really mean anything. Cause this tape is easily better than his last album. And it could also be better than his next. Cole be all over the place :yeshrug:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
See thats the thing though

Cole doesn’t have many weaknesses either, matter of fact Cole has more angles to go at Kendrick than Kendrick has to go at Cole.

Kendrick’s first mainstream single was produced by Cole. Cole can come at the angle that Kendrick “ran” to him “hands out begging”’for a “hit” when he supposedly had Dr Dre in his corner

Its been confirmed that Cole fought Diddy on behalf of Kendrick at an industry party when Diddy was drunk and mad about the “King Of New York” line from the Control verse. Cole can flip that into “this lil bytch nikka needed me to defend him when Diddy about to diddler him”

There was ONE potential scandal regarding Kendrick getting drunk and beating up some woman in a hotel room back in 2014. Its been pretty much wiped from the internet BUT if there’s any truth to it whatsoever Cole can unearth those claims to attack Kendrick’s “Pro Woman” stances and make him look like a hypocrite

Kendrick made some pretty poor comments regarding racism and police brutality right before TPAB dropped. His comments, though well intentioned and even understandable given where he’s from and the amount of black on black crime he’s undoubtedly witnessed, came dangerously close to “respectability politics”

"I wish somebody would look in our neighborhood knowing that it's already a situation, mentally, where it's f---ked up. What happened to [Michael Brown] should've never happened. Never. But when we don't have respect for ourselves, how do we expect them to respect us? It starts from within. Don't start with just a rally, don't start from looting -- it starts from within."

People forget these comments weren’t taken too well by the populace at the time and directly led to Kendrick’s handlers limiting his public exposure and straight up forbidding interviewers to ask him any political and/or racial questions in the future. After that Kendrick went the religious rout, speaking more on God and spirituality than racism (speaking on God and embracing christianity historically shields you from criticism) Then he went the Israelite “Black People are a CURSED people” route and everybody let him slide on that bullshyt but again, if Cole is clever enough he can bring that up and point out that even as an interracial man with a white mother, Cole has presented himself as more unabashedly and CONSISTENTLY pro-black than Kendrick, highlighting Kendrick’s hypocrisies and making his carefully maintained persona look fraudulent and phony.

Finally there’s the whole Mr Morale & The Big Steppers angle. I personally really love that album and like i said before its success speaks for itself. But if Cole REALLY wanted to go there and dissect Kendrick as a man he could again use that album and its premise to point out and attach Kendrick’s hypocrisies. Kendrick claimed to have reached a form of enlightenment during that album that put him “above” the toxicity of black and hip hop culture. He DIRECTLY attacked and spoke against several elements of the culture that were destructive to our communities and yet he wants to come outside and engage and participate in those destructive elements? You wanna attack other successful black men? Claim your going to use gun violence against them? Say your number 1 AFTER your last album cast that type of competition and debate in a childish light? Is it Oochie Wally Wally or is it One Mic? Is it your the number 1 rapper or your running away from the culture to save your own life?

There ARE ways to dissect Kendrick personally, his career, and his inherent conflicts and hypocrisies. Before Mr Morale Kendrick FULLY embraced his status as Hip Hop Jesus with very very little in the way of anyone questioning him as a person, because if you REALLY dig deep you realize he’s more hypocritical and wishy washy than Jay could EVER have accused Nas of being. All Cole has to do is take some of that and use it to dismantle the mythology thats been built around Kendrick. And if he REALLY wanted to get bloody he could delve into some of TDE’s skeletons (Kendrick complained about not being properly compensated before Top Dawg shut him up by giving him a piece of the company) and “expose” the whole crew for not being what they claim.

Cole gas proven he’s talented enough to give Kendrick problems. This entire album is a warning to Kendrick that he’s got the Leroy Glow and won’t go down without landing HEAVY blows. This board and Kendrick himself would do well to not underestimate a nikka that loves rap so much he’s probably the most improved hip hop artist of ALL TIME. If anyone should be learning from what Jay-Z did wrong in his battle with Nas, its Kendrick right now.
Coles not doing all this man :mjlol:....talking about he might unearth some "alleged" claims of Kendrick beating up a woman:pachaha:

The bottom line is Kendrick has a better catalog than Cole. That's just a fact. Cole also raps about a lot of shyt he's never even come close to. At least Kendrick really grew up in the hood. Cole grew up in the burbs with backpackers. He never experienced anything on a street level but now every other song he's talking about toting guns :mjlol:

Kendrick can dissect cole's career and persona in the same way...just on the opposite end. I'd rather be the dude who may not be living right but still promotes positivy in my music than the corny dude who promotes violence when he wants to be "down". A lot of Coles music is hypocrital as hell. One song he's droppin knowledge then the next he's acting like he a thug:pachaha:

but yea yea I know. He's just "telling a story". Nah. Dude just showing he's really no different than all these studio dudes who will exploit any topic for the check. Kendrick can really break down Cole limb for limb if we're being honest. Kendrick actually has the upbringing that Cole and drake wished they had. That's why their shyt never truly feels authentic. Only time they ever experienced hood life is the movies. Hence Cole taking about nino brown. Fictional gangsters are the only gangsters he actually knows.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
This album is great but it's also heavily inspired by recent Drake music.

Pi is the one tho. That shyt is incredible.

I don’t see how this is inspired by Drake at all except maybe for Fever. Drake has never in his LIFE rapped as good across an entire project as Cole is doing on this project. Cole as a lyricist is on an entirely different level right now. He’s outstripping Drake in flow & delivery as well. Subject matter is also entirely different than the average Drake project

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Coles not doing all this man :mjlol:....talking about he might unearth some "alleged" claims of Kendrick beating up a woman:pachaha:

The bottom line is Kendrick has a better catalog than Cole. That's just a fact. Cole also raps about a lot of shyt he's never even come close to. At least Kendrick really grew up in the hood. Cole grew up in the burbs with backpackers. He never experienced anything on a street level but now every other song he's talking about toting guns :mjlol:

Kendrick can dissect cole's career and persona in the same way...just on the opposite end. I'd rather be the dude who may not be living right but still promotes positivy in my music than the corny dude who promotes violence when he wants to be "down". A lot of Coles music is hypocrital as hell. One song he's droppin knowledge then the next he's acting like he a thug:pachaha:

but yea yea I know. He's just "telling a story". Nah. Dude just showing he's really no different than all these studio dudes who will exploit any topic for the check. Kendrick can really break down Cole limb for limb if we're being honest. Kendrick actually has the upbringing that Cole and drake wished they had. That's why their shyt never truly feels authentic. Only time they ever experienced hood life is the movies. Hence Cole taking about nino brown. Fictional gangsters are the only gangsters he actually knows.
So all of that valid shyt that son presented to u. U just gonna laugh it off and ignore it to criticize Cole some more and dikkride Kendrick? This is how I know whatever Cole puts out is never gonna penetrate u nikkas. nikkas may as well not even engage wit a nikka like Kendrick.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Damn this album hard AF.....Cole rapping rapping.....I can't remember the last album that sounded like this.....

the production fire 2.....ALC had something 2 do with this?

this shyt gonna be getting heavy burn from me.

this formula my kinda wave 100%. features all fire 2 minus cam's washed up ass.

FHD and The Off season the only 2 Cole albums I really rock with.....but if he keep dropping shyt like this :whew:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
So all of that valid shyt that son presented to u. U just gonna laugh it off and ignore it to criticize Cole some more and dikkride Kendrick? This is how I know whatever Cole puts out is never gonna penetrate u nikkas. nikkas may as well not even engage wit a nikka like Kendrick.
Man go listen to magic 3 for the millionth time and shut the fukk up :mjlol:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Am I the only one who thinks Cole actually went there? That wasn't light to me, he critiqued Kendrick in a way I haven't heard any other rapper do. For years, Kendrick has been untouchable, but Cole just shattered that perception in three minutes. :whoo:

If this is just a warning shot, I don't want to see what Cole's going to do if he really tries. :picard:

This might be the first legit rap battle we've seen since the mixtape era.

fingers crossed.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
See thats the thing though

Cole doesn’t have many weaknesses either, matter of fact Cole has more angles to go at Kendrick than Kendrick has to go at Cole.

Kendrick’s first mainstream single was produced by Cole. Cole can come at the angle that Kendrick “ran” to him “hands out begging”’for a “hit” when he supposedly had Dr Dre in his corner

Its been confirmed that Cole fought Diddy on behalf of Kendrick at an industry party when Diddy was drunk and mad about the “King Of New York” line from the Control verse. Cole can flip that into “this lil bytch nikka needed me to defend him when Diddy about to diddler him”

There was ONE potential scandal regarding Kendrick getting drunk and beating up some woman in a hotel room back in 2014. Its been pretty much wiped from the internet BUT if there’s any truth to it whatsoever Cole can unearth those claims to attack Kendrick’s “Pro Woman” stances and make him look like a hypocrite

Kendrick made some pretty poor comments regarding racism and police brutality right before TPAB dropped. His comments, though well intentioned and even understandable given where he’s from and the amount of black on black crime he’s undoubtedly witnessed, came dangerously close to “respectability politics”

"I wish somebody would look in our neighborhood knowing that it's already a situation, mentally, where it's f---ked up. What happened to [Michael Brown] should've never happened. Never. But when we don't have respect for ourselves, how do we expect them to respect us? It starts from within. Don't start with just a rally, don't start from looting -- it starts from within."

People forget these comments weren’t taken too well by the populace at the time and directly led to Kendrick’s handlers limiting his public exposure and straight up forbidding interviewers to ask him any political and/or racial questions in the future. After that Kendrick went the religious rout, speaking more on God and spirituality than racism (speaking on God and embracing christianity historically shields you from criticism) Then he went the Israelite “Black People are a CURSED people” route and everybody let him slide on that bullshyt but again, if Cole is clever enough he can bring that up and point out that even as an interracial man with a white mother, Cole has presented himself as more unabashedly and CONSISTENTLY pro-black than Kendrick, highlighting Kendrick’s hypocrisies and making his carefully maintained persona look fraudulent and phony.

Finally there’s the whole Mr Morale & The Big Steppers angle. I personally really love that album and like i said before its success speaks for itself. But if Cole REALLY wanted to go there and dissect Kendrick as a man he could again use that album and its premise to point out and attach Kendrick’s hypocrisies. Kendrick claimed to have reached a form of enlightenment during that album that put him “above” the toxicity of black and hip hop culture. He DIRECTLY attacked and spoke against several elements of the culture that were destructive to our communities and yet he wants to come outside and engage and participate in those destructive elements? You wanna attack other successful black men? Claim your going to use gun violence against them? Say your number 1 AFTER your last album cast that type of competition and debate in a childish light? Is it Oochie Wally Wally or is it One Mic? Is it your the number 1 rapper or your running away from the culture to save your own life?

There ARE ways to dissect Kendrick personally, his career, and his inherent conflicts and hypocrisies. Before Mr Morale Kendrick FULLY embraced his status as Hip Hop Jesus with very very little in the way of anyone questioning him as a person, because if you REALLY dig deep you realize he’s more hypocritical and wishy washy than Jay could EVER have accused Nas of being. All Cole has to do is take some of that and use it to dismantle the mythology thats been built around Kendrick. And if he REALLY wanted to get bloody he could delve into some of TDE’s skeletons (Kendrick complained about not being properly compensated before Top Dawg shut him up by giving him a piece of the company) and “expose” the whole crew for not being what they claim.

Cole gas proven he’s talented enough to give Kendrick problems. This entire album is a warning to Kendrick that he’s got the Leroy Glow and won’t go down without landing HEAVY blows. This board and Kendrick himself would do well to not underestimate a nikka that loves rap so much he’s probably the most improved hip hop artist of ALL TIME. If anyone should be learning from what Jay-Z did wrong in his battle with Nas, its Kendrick right now.

Damn
Cole never even had a friend that died like on 4 Your Eyez Only on the last song?

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Am I the only one who thinks Cole actually went there? That wasn't light to me, he critiqued Kendrick in a way I haven't heard any other rapper do. For years, Kendrick has been untouchable, but Cole just shattered that perception in three minutes. :whoo:

If this is just a warning shot, I don't want to see what Cole's going to do if he really tries. :picard:
That's a form of lyricism/being able to take a cat out in a few bars. Not many emcees have that capability. That's how I know Cole could really go in on Kenny if need be.