J.Cole aka J.Fold apologizes for “7 Minute Drill” & K.Dot at Dreamville Fest (VIDEO) *Eliminated from Big3* (REMOVED SONG from album)

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I remember Lupe going live and indeed apologizing, admitting kdot was a much better artist than him

While saying he was the better lyricist not over no boogeyman shyt

You’re one of the ones taking it out of context like I said

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
I genuinely don't understand why dude just didn't hit Kendrick's line.

Who the fukk in his camp thought this was a good idea?

I guess he didn’t want the response energy in the air, better to wave teh white flag early

See this is where shyt gets interesting because what if he did hit up Kendrick and didn't get a response? The speech gave me the impression he had to have reached out, if that shyt was eating him up so bad. And if he got any response I'd imagine he would have mentioned it during the speech.

I think Kendrick is still in Japan touring right now so maybe there was some time zone shyt involved but...if you were Kendrick would you respond to a text/call? I wouldn't lol.

I don’t think Cole did it “for” Drake. He did it because he thought he “had to” and not because he really wanted the competition he’d been asking for

I DO believe Cole hit his line and they talked. If you listen to Like That he wasn’t even going at Cole. It was clear he was going at Drake.

They probably spoke and Cole realized he was gassed up and jumped out there for no reason. Kendrick prolly got on the phone and broke the lyrics down for him to realize it :mjlol: Keep in mind they both lame as hell, this isn’t a stretch :yeshrug:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I feel like somebody pressed him backstage and put a gun to him…

Doubtful...I thought about it like :lupe: he didn't check in, but I look at the reality of it all.

Maybe....just maybe J Cole is a lame from day zero and this pop shyt/apologize tour finally allowing heads to see what folks like this marsupial seen from day one.

• Dude vocab always focuses on heavy cursing, NBA themes, trying to get coochie and having dreams
  • Suddenly he becomes big headed due to collabs and a cult following (500k without features meme)
  • Always emotional as hell (but nevermind that, he's SOOOOREALLL)
  • Became a stinky beatnik and bought his old house because "real"
  • Eventually pop shots and spoke on Kanye being a lost prophet (admirable but such and such stones and glass trees)
  • Dreamville come up, and now he's acting like Suge:
    8a349d112e1bb9c7055d375be23b46b4.999x999x1.png
  • Starts feeling himself a bit too much (even though his albums are starting to decline sales and popularity wise)
  • Sees an opportunity to go against Kendrick with a short jab but wai...

The reality kicks in...he was never a battle rapper or a rapper of such calibers. Kendrick been to the moon and back content wise, while Cole's peak was rapping about losing his virginity. Not in the same league or talent bracket. Plus, he is such an easy lick with the memes (melatonin albums) and the grim reality is that he's not saying shyt on the mic. Kendrick gave a genuine love tap that stings a bit, but you can walk it off, and somehow Cole realizes that the love tap actually hurts in the long run, now the real dilemma....

If I keep this going I'll be exposed....if I cop pleas maybe my fans will understand.

Catch 22 and quite frankly it was long overdue. He needed to be humbled and it sucks he had to do it to himself, instead of circumstance:francis:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
While it’s all jokes and shyt right now, cole ain’t embarrass himself, he kept it 100 despite what fans and onlookers wanted. embarassaing is 50 non stop tweeting about diddy. 50 is the king of embarrassing at his big age
If he kept it 100 yesterday, then what was he doing for the last couple of years with his chest puffed out?

Based on how he was talking this situation was exactly what HE wanted :beli:we just wanted him to follow through