J.Cole aka J.Fold apologizes for “7 Minute Drill” & K.Dot at Dreamville Fest (VIDEO) *Eliminated from Big3* (REMOVED SONG from album)

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is a bad look, I understand not having beef with Kendrick and not wanting blood, I have been vocal in saying this 'rivalry' does not need it, what this is supposed to be is pure competition, where Cole attempts to cement his place on top, after all the claims HE has made this was his chance to show and prove. Also I'm disappointed that he admitted what we all already knew, that he couldn't creatively spar with Kendrick, instead he chose to out right lie about that man's catalogue

Not Crodie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a bad look, I understand not having beef with Kendrick and not wanting blood, I have been vocal in saying this 'rivalry' does not need it, what this is supposed to be is pure competition, where Cole attempts to cement his place on top, after all the claims HE has made this was his chance to show and prove. Also I'm disappointed that he admitted what we all already knew, that he couldn't creatively spar with Kendrick, instead he chose to out right lie about that man's catalogue
it's still respectable though and thats the thing, he just didn't feel good about his lies. I can respect that, it shows maturity.
What I can't respect though, and I agree with Ziggy on this, is how he backs down after claiming for years he wants it, he wants the competition and all that shyt. Kdot has always been considered as the better of the two, but if you want competition, you should not be afraid of competiting...

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
I rock with Cole’s music but this is a bad look dawg. He didn’t even say anything flagrant to lose sleep over. Cole is solidified with the work he’s put in but this is a stain on his legacy.
He wasn't losing sleep cause of anything he said. He was losing sleep cause he knew he was about to get fileted. Kenny was about to do this boy DIRTY.

FISHFRY.gif

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
“made me realize how good i been sleeping the last ten years”

Obviously this whole thing is goofball shyt from a rap standpoint.

But cole too real a dude, he been said he was on a mission to love himself and not let outside pressures get him out of his hook up. That’s exactly what happened this time and he a real dude for being honest about that and correcting course.

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
More bytch than Cole tucking his tail and running?
I'd put it slightly higher only cause Cole/Kendrick there was no real beef there and Cole felt he had to say something after Like That.

Drake/Kenny been throwing shots at each other for a decade plus and now Kenny puts your song and your album on blast and instead of you going at him, you go at Cole who was on the song cause he apologized, that'd be some bytch shyt.

Especially when Drake had to do a whole therapy session with Bron about Story of Addison.

Even if the angle Cole took was dumb as fukk, at least he responded, Drake can't even do that and he's the one who's "more battle-tested".

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
Better never hear I’m the best rapper bar come out of J Cole’s mouth ever again

He forever forfeited that right.

I was never a big Cole fan to begin with but know I will never listen to another project from that nikka ever again.
The last sentence is crazy lmao, not even a Cole fan but Yall take this shyt too seriously.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
“made me realize how good i been sleeping the last ten years”

Obviously this whole thing is goofball shyt from a rap standpoint.

But cole too real a dude, he been said he was on a mission to love himself and not let outside pressures get him out of his hook up. That’s exactly what happened this time and he a real dude for being honest about that and correcting course.

I don't buy that, he shot at Kendrick first, what did he think would happen?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
He never said nothing fragrant because his heart was never in it. He couldn't sleep at night because he was going through the motions doing something inauthentic because that's what's expected. I guess you've never been in a position to do something not true to who you are because the expectation is there.

I've heard Cole reference Kendrick several times and there was nothing but respect there. Kendrick even dragging him into whatever the hell is going on between him and Drake was bullshyt from the beginning.

Cole saying that and taking the heat for it is more respectable than him going through the motions of a beef just to save face then squashing it a few years later. He could have just done that.

nikkas expected it because COLE put that energy out there that HE was the best and HE was ready to prove it. Lets not act like the past 24 months aren’t chalk full of Cole proclaiming nobody wants it with him. Lets not pretend like a scant 48 hours ago he ain’t put out an entire album proclaiming his desire take nikkas heads off. Its literally the least introspective and conceptual album he’s EVER released, mostly focused on how much he’s better than everyone. Lets not pretend like if 7 Minute Drill never existed his Pi verse is still there.

Cole been BEGGING for his moment to spar with the big dogs and when the biggest dog from a talent angle woofed at him he turned kitty cat. THATS the issue here. Cole ain’t been preaching peace and love these last few years. HIS last album wasn’t no therapy session dealing with his trauma and all but rejecting what comes with Hip Hop competition. This dude been supposedly warming up for this since 2021, he just never thought his “friend” Kendrick would be his Goliath. He probably thought it would be an up and comer he could easily stomp or an OG he could easily spank.