J.Cole aka J.Fold apologizes for “7 Minute Drill” & K.Dot at Dreamville Fest (VIDEO) *Eliminated from Big3* (REMOVED SONG from album)

Strike-Wun

Lion-O Ritchie
Supporter
Daps
What happened to hip hop? :snoop:

This:

IMG-3007.jpg

IMG-3006.jpg

One of my memes about Cole went viral on IG and I got curious who talking greasy in my comments. And before anyone say, his race don’t have shyt to do with it, but you know when someone isn’t apart of the culture injecting themselves in some shyt they got no business doing.

Maybe Cole doing the culture a favor, this shyt needs to die.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tanna Leone was kick off pgLang not too long ago. If i'm Drake, I'd hit him up immediately. Just speculating now but some things he could say/do:

-Auntie Diaries is all lies and just grammy baiting
-Violate Baby Keem, and out him (in multiple ways)
-Call out people who don't keep the same energy about he machine backing Kendrick. Nobody says nothing about it but people do about him
- Say how it hurts Kendrick that he's not unanimously considered #1, and to his own detriment is trying to prove to himself he's the best because he has doubt.
- Say MMATBS was a ripoff of 4:44 and say he lied about his infidelity because he's out of ideas (and concepts) to sell records
- Drop the audio of the argument of that sports show episode that was scrapped (rumor were Drake was the aggressor)
- Fake woke angle again
- Reveal what happen when he pulled up to Kendrick's show last year (maybe he copped pleas)
- Touch on how his highest selling album, Damn. Only sold that much because merch sales were included back then.
If Drake do that he will surely lose. None of what you mentioned is damaging.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly I think it merely confirmed what Drake already thought about Cole. The buddy buddy shyt, the nightly flowers he gave Cole on tour, even the idea of taking Cole on tour...all this shyt felt very "lil bro" to me. I felt this way going back years, since I first saw this shyt lmao:

:francis:

Kendrick ruined First Person Shooter, it's over for that shyt. And if I'm Drake I blame Cole for even mentioning that nikka AND subbing him lmao. If you didn't want smoke why jab him?

Yeah Cole letting Drake "lil bro" him has been disgusting. The whole First Person Shooter was embarrassing and I can see why Kendrick called him out after that track.

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
If Drake do that he will surely lose. None of what you mentioned is damaging.
I agree with you. Unless there's more behind the scenes things he can find. Something on the level of Kendrick not writing his rhymes or something. Then I don't see any way he can diss Kendrick and actually damage his career. I bet the song will be fire, but not truthfully damaging. Sort of like Duppy Freestyle.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Tanna Leone was kick off pgLang not too long ago. If i'm Drake, I'd hit him up immediately. Just speculating now but some things he could say/do:

-Auntie Diaries is all lies and just grammy baiting
-Violate Baby Keem, and out him (in multiple ways)
-Call out people who don't keep the same energy about he machine backing Kendrick. Nobody says nothing about it but people do about him
- Say how it hurts Kendrick that he's not unanimously considered #1, and to his own detriment is trying to prove to himself he's the best because he has doubt.
- Say MMATBS was a ripoff of 4:44 and say he lied about his infidelity because he's out of ideas (and concepts) to sell records
- Drop the audio of the argument of that sports show episode that was scrapped (rumor were Drake was the aggressor)
- Fake woke angle again
- Reveal what happen when he pulled up to Kendrick's show last year (maybe he copped pleas)
- Touch on how his highest selling album, Damn. Only sold that much because merch sales were included back then.

Leone got kicked out for selling leaked music. He wasn't in the camp long enough to have damaging info but I'm sure Drake can get shyt from west coast dudes who aren't loyal.

None of that other shyt is true or worth mentioning. Drake on the same label/machine (UMG) lmao. Do you remember the streams Humble did? That album was going to have a massive first week number with or without bundles. And given that the album went 3-4x plat I'm not sure how first week bundles matter in the grand scheme of things. We're not talking about French Montana getting a big number and then falling off the face of earth or something.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
His career was never in danger.

He has a loyal fanbase that will support him no matter what at this point.

This is a permanent stain though and a large amount of people will never look at him the same as an artist, MCs included.He is lucky this happened at the tail end of his career and not near the start cause it would have finished him.

Imagine this happening and Cole releasing Work Out straight after :mjlol:

Knucklehead

HMFIC
Daps
Reppin
Montreal #byrdgang
Unless there’s something big we don’t know about Kendrick the only angle I can really see is Drake saying that a lot of his persona is a facade. That he doesn’t care about black people and the struggle and is actually much more into money and luxury life than he lets on.
To which the obvious response would be “so what you’re saying is that he’s like you”

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
Back when I was 16, I was friends with a rapper who was signed to a legendary music producer who has dozens of Grammys & sold hundreds of millions of albums. First day I met him, he came to my house to record on my mixtape, then we made some runs. He told me his life story, his cases, how he stabbed someone & had to pay them 200K, his first body. Just wild shyt. I was a complete fish out of water around him but I considered him a friend despite our differences.

He was the only rapper I've ever met outside of Beanie Sigel that I was legitimately afraid of. I've shared stories of Beans taking my chicken wings in the studio or breaking into the kitchen at the club I DJ'd at and making himself a cheese sandwich in the middle of a party........this guy I'm describing is scarier.
Anyways, he was rolling on E in the passenger seat of my car & tells me that when he met this music producer......he had no intentions of getting a record deal but rather he was plotting on robbing the producer until someone asked him to rap for him which led to him getting a deal.

I say this to say, this is what makes this J. Cole apology such a mindfukk for me. So many of the rappers I grew up on or were around in my DJ years were pure SAVAGES or had people around them that were DANGEROUS. Even if it didn't get violent, dudes were going to war with words. There was simply too much at stake to back down. Too much pride, too much ego, the will to prove to be the best was too much too great even if it was just for the sport of it, like catching a fish & throwing it back in the ocean.

It's strange that we've gotten here........but maybe it's just hip hop growing up, guys focusing on music, being healthy mentally, physically and spiritually without the pressure of needing to compete, fight and engage in drama for our entertainment.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
He can't fix it unless Kendrick disses him again and Cole then drops an Ether level response. That's the only thing that can course correct this. And it's entirely out of his control...

Now that I'm thinking about it. This also opens the flood gates for whoever else to make Cole the butt of their jokes and punchlines in verses. What's Cole going to do? Diss less popular rappers that take shots after bowing down to Kendrick? The optics are terrible

It's all bad

That’s facts

"Cuban links on swoll, dis platinum not white gold :childplease:

Muh money never fold, unlike Jermaine Cole :heh: "

- NFG Shootababyintheface from Jacksonville, Florida on his debut mixtape

Jesus H. Christ

I died for your sins
Daps
Heard that Rory & Mal pod. Dayumm Cole :dead: This dude Mal always over the top like that? :laff: He had some quoteables