J.Cole aka J.Fold apologizes for “7 Minute Drill” & K.Dot at Dreamville Fest (VIDEO) *Eliminated from Big3* (REMOVED SONG from album)

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
How is declaring yourself the best with no one being able to challenge that a sport?

I’m the best at Madden, can’t nobody beat me, but I can’t go against anyone to prove it, there’s no hate involved. :whoa:
Madden is not music.

You challenge who’s the best by making better music.

Now you name the classic diss tracks where it was about “who’s the best” not an actual problem the two artists had with each other.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
The defense is now that if Cole didn’t back down there was going to be mayhem in the streets :russ:

Was going to be some Knockout Ned/Lil Ze type bloodshed. :pachaha:

Black Twitter was going to peer pressure Cole into smacking Kendrick’s mama:damn:
Salute for the reference :wow: I just made a re-edit of that movie in black and white, need to rewatch it

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Madden is not music.

Now you name the classic diss tracks where it was about “who’s the best” not an actual problem the two artists had with each other.
Beans and kiss. They had no problems fr. Kiss has little issue with jay but beans got in it in some I’m better then you type shyt

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York

:francis:

First time hearing this audio. I saw the quote last night and wondered if it was real.

It's still on streaming. I just heard it. :mjgrin:

You know, as much as people clown Eminem (deservedly), especially when it comes to people he's dissed, he's always stood behind what he said about someone else. When he went after Tyler the Creator on "Fall," he didn't apologize for dissing him. He apologized for taking it too far because his issues with Tyler weren't as personal as his issues with Joe Budden or MGK. That's an example of someone dissing someone, but regretting it because they know they could have handled it differently.

Imagine Eminem saying that he regrets making Kamikaze because he was too angry and taking back everything he said on the album. That's what Cole just did. I understand him second-guessing the track, but at least let things linger for some time. See what Kendrick does first, and later on down the line, reassess the situation. Maybe address it on The Fall Off as a sign of reflection.

But nothing happened yet. Nothing. He released the track and retracted everything he said two days later? Before anything took place? Whether or not he loses doesn't matter. I respected him for going after Kendrick and trying to break that perception people have that Kendrick is untouchable. Did I agree with everything he said? No, but Jay said things on "Takeover" that I don't agree with and that song's a classic. I was interested in seeing what could happen, and now, we'll never know.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kendrick shook his head at what Cole did. And he has every right to respond even though Cole just made him look like Joey Jerkoff if he does.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Madden is not music.

I mean to be fair that was half of what Nas vs Jay was about, who gets to by king of NY. It's just there was also personal shyt and a history behind it which made it more heated. Cole, Kendrick and Drake have the history and for all we know there's also behind the scenes shyt going on we don't know about (maybe not so much Kenny vs Cole, but I def think there's behind the scenes shyt between Kenny and Drake).

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I mean to be fair that was half of what Nas vs Jay was about, who gets to by king of NY. It's just there was also personal shyt and a history behind it which made it more heated. Cole, Kendrick and Drake have the history and for all we know there's also behind the scenes shyt going on we don't know about (maybe not so much Kenny vs Cole, but I def think there's behind the scenes between Kenny and Drake).
Personal shyt and history was their beef.

Cole and Kendrick have none of that.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
There is NO WAY that Kendrick disses Cole again, If he does that, then they are not the friends that Cole thinks they are. Miss me with for sport, competition, none of that. If I value our friendship enough to apologize then I feel like we're REAL friends, not some industry sh!t.
He gonna have a fire bar about nikkas apologizing, but I agree Cole seems like he'd need a mental health break if Kendrick responded and he went viral. He's from the block so he knows whooping on someone who already gave up wouldn't earn him any stripes, but at the same time Cole's diss is online forever now :patrice: he's gonna have to put more thought into this or ignore him and focus on aubrey

Cole is 100% going through the stages of grief right now with all of hip hop saying he can no longer rap about being better than anyone

What's gonna happen when the shytty drill rappers start disrespecting him and he can't fire back with bars :why: did he even think about it that far? Someone far inferior to him at rapping might get him outta here with a catchy enough track

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Personal shyt and history was their beef.

Cole and Kendrick have none of that.

That was half of it but the other half was the King of NY title. Nas said it himself:

"'Cause in order for him to be the Don, Nas had to go
The Gam-B-I-N-O rules I understood"

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Actual crew beef with street shyt in the background.

Yeah I remember the "behind the scenes" shyt with both camps:

• Beans almost getting sized up by Kiss crew
  • The fight at Powerhouse
  • Styles basically deading the beef with on wax threats :whoa:
Yes it was a lyrical battle, but there were guns and fists to cuffs outside the booth.