IW and BP exposes the MCU’s biggest flaw.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
bruh looks like he's standing in front of a bob ross painting :mindblown:
:russ: Now I can't unsee that shyt

tenor.gif

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
Since someone brought up Logan; outside of twin Logan and Laura (some of the stuff she did was just too ill for live action) you could tell me that movie was 10% CGI

Some of this is :wow:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
It's not hyperbole tho to say the CG in those two flicks are meh at best. Yes, the CG in guardians is dope as hell but that's how CG works. When it's great you barely notice it but when its awful, you really notice it. And when most everything else you're doing is on point, having a sore spot like that really sticks out. And again, when everyone knows its possible to attain, you get dinged for it.

As a music geek and a music score geek, I knocked them for their musical choices and I wasn't the only one. And I've loved what they've done with their scores starting with Doc Strange and every flick going forward, with Homecoming and Black Panther being particular standouts. Now does that, much like CG, make a huge difference to the mainstream? Not in the least bit. But for film geeks and critics and just a specific community, it will make a difference and it'll be talked about. To quote Cavil's character from MI Fallout, "That's the job." That's criticism and that's film criticism and that's how art is looked at.

I respect that.....

And again if it was truly horrific then that’s one thing.

Too me it was average and not distracting.

I didn’t even notice and still not even gonna pay attention next watch because that isn’t the focal point.

Like I think I been fairly consistent with that too cuz when cats what talking about the CGI in JL, I didn’t pile on or really comment too much on that because to me the focal point was other shyt going on.

As far as scores? Yes I guess I’m indifferent, I don’t think every movie/show needs a strong score. Sometimes it’s cool if it’s subtle and quite and even cooler at times when there isn’t one.

Like if I recall for Hurt Locker there was no score at all and the vibe of that movie was dope.

Or The Shield, after the intro credits there was no score, the only music you heard was from the show via the environment like if they was in a car or went to a bar

But I hear you

Martha

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I respect that.....

And again if it was truly horrific then that’s one thing.

Too me it was average and not distracting.

I didn’t even notice and still not even gonna pay attention next watch because that isn’t the focal point.

Like I think I been fairly consistent with that too cuz when cats what talking about the CGI in JL, I didn’t pile on or really comment too much on that because to me the focal point was other shyt going on.

As far as scores? Yes I guess I’m indifferent, I don’t think every movie/show needs a strong score. Sometimes it’s cool if it’s subtle and quite and even cooler at times when there isn’t one.

Like if I recall for Hurt Locker there was no score at all and the vibe of that movie was dope.

Or The Shield, after the intro credits there was no score, the only music you heard was from the show via the environment like if they was in a car or went to a bar

But I hear you

Martha

Yeah we been over this before. This isn’t your bag. That’s cool.

And I’m not saying a movie needs a score. The birds has nothing and it’s perfect as is. A score would ruin it. But a bad score or a meh score can take away from a movie just as much as a great score can add to it. But again lol not your bag. That’s film geek shyt and you don’t seem like the film geek type

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

And I’m not saying a movie needs a score. The birds has nothing and it’s perfect as is. A score would ruin it. But a bad score or a meh score can take away from a movie just as much as a great score can add to it. But again lol not your bag. That’s film geek shyt and you don’t seem like the film geek type

RDubb is a Marvel film geek, breh. You should know better than to come in with even a mild criticism of a Marvel movie without thinking you'll be getting an essay full of what about-isms in reply from her.

:ufdup:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin

I just look at stuff from an entertainment perspective and not trying to absorb or overly analyze it.

Like no knock to peeps looking for Easter eggs or hidden meaning in shyt. But I don’t be watching films and be like looking in the background for posters or if they at a table looking at what kind of magazines to see if there is a secret there.

I didn’t even notice on BP for example on my 1st look, in Kilmongers pops house they had a poster of actual Black Panthers. I didn’t really pay attention in Get Out to the low key meaning of ol girl eating cereal and milk separately.

I’m just trynna watch the movie to follow story for the entertainment value first and foremost.

I respect the effort they put into it but it ain’t all that serious.:russ:

Martha

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
RDubb is a Marvel film geek, breh. You should know better than to come in with even a mild criticism of a Marvel movie without thinking you'll be getting an essay full of what about-isms in reply from her.

@RdikkemDown aka RDubb...... get your boy...... for some reason he throwing shots at you:usure:

Martha

Benefited

Banned
Daps
The BP and Killmonger final fight scene had 2001 levels of cgi. shyt gollum looks better.

The ruffalo hulkbuster cgi was scorpion king bad

Inexcusable.

Its odd to me they can perfect Animals (life of pi, recent Apes) but these superhero movies have a weightlessness to them

I think the look they are going for is to have these characters look somewhat "cartoonish" yet still fit in okay with the real life characters.
I don't think they are going for sharpness and perfect realism,thats not what automatically makes bad cgi for me.
I actually prefer Marvels more cartoonish look,for a comic book movie.
Lets not forget at the end of the day these are movies for kids that grown men just happen to be lucky enough to enjoy:blessed:
But bad is bad,I think there is bad cgi that we should all be able to agree on.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I just look at stuff from an entertainment perspective and not trying to absorb or overly analyze it.

Like no knock to peeps looking for Easter eggs or hidden meaning in shyt. But I don’t be watching films and be like looking in the background for posters or if they at a table looking at what kind of magazines to see if there is a secret there.

I didn’t even notice on BP for example on my 1st look, in Kilmongers pops house they had a poster of actual Black Panthers. I didn’t really pay attention in Get Out to the low key meaning of ol girl eating cereal and milk separately.

I’m just trynna watch the movie to follow story for the entertainment value first and foremost.

I respect the effort they put into it but it ain’t all that serious.:russ:

Martha

Yeah that’s what I’m saying. You watch you figure whether you’re entertained or not and that’s that. The critical thinking part of it isn’t your thing. That’s cool. And critical thinking is more than looking for Easter eggs. It’s about finding the deeper meaning in stuff that an artist does. A movie like get out or black panther has plenty of those moments and is about more than just what it’s about. A movie like mortal kombat? Not so much.

So there are some flicks that are there just to entertain and enjoy your popcorn with. There are others that want to entertain but also want to engage you on a different level so yeah to them and for the people who do engage, it is that serious. But it’s also personal preference.

Just saying if people do analyze and breakdown a movie you love you shouldn’t be surprised about it

Lol

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Yeah that’s what I’m saying. You watch you figure whether you’re entertained or not and that’s that. The critical thinking part of it isn’t your thing. That’s cool. And critical thinking is more than looking for Easter eggs. It’s about finding the deeper meaning in stuff that an artist does. A movie like get out or black panther has plenty of those moments and is about more than just what it’s about. A movie like mortal kombat? Not so much.

So there are some flicks that are there just to entertain and enjoy your popcorn with. There are others that want to entertain but also want to engage you on a different level so yeah to them and for the people who do engage, it is that serious. But it’s also personal preference.

Just saying if people do analyze and breakdown a movie you love you shouldn’t be surprised about it

Lol

Critical thinking isn’t my thing:patrice:

??????????

Yikes:mjlol:

Alright..... I will say this.

The first time I see a movie. I am just trynna see the story for what it is and if is action, I’m trying to enjoy it for what they are trying to accomplish.

Now on future watches depending on the type of movie..... I then try to look for other shyt but my first watch I ain’t trying to be taking out of the moment missing “exposition” or etc looking at every poster in the background of a 30 second scene. That’s where I find the ones that do kinda miss so much or some of the most basic simplistic shyt that was blantently explained in movie. I cant even count how many times @hex had to constantly correct or comment on someone asking something silly and he wonders “did they even watch the movie.”

I think that’s where replay and home viewing for me comes into play where I can pause and find them “eureka” moments.

Usual Suspects is a prime example, my first watch..... I just wanted to watch the movie and embrace the story.

Later on future watches that’s when I had the opportunity to take my time and “look at the cup on the table, the posters in the office, the cadence in the way people talk, the twitch in someone’s eyes and etc”

I guess it is personal preference, I’ll concede that I don’t go out to pay $15+ whatever to go to a strange place with my peoples or strangers to sit in a mildly uncomfortable chair to over analyze and harshly critique on the first viewing.

I’m not surprised at people who do and I never seriously knock anyone who does. There is nothing wrong with that as there is nothing wrong with going by the K.I.S.S. process either

Preciate this discussion, I have a better understanding of your viewpoint and I hope you have a better one of mine kind sir

Martha