IW and BP exposes the MCU’s biggest flaw.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The BP and Killmonger final fight scene had 2001 levels of cgi. shyt gollum looks better.

The ruffalo hulkbuster cgi was scorpion king bad

Inexcusable.

Its odd to me they can perfect Animals (life of pi, recent Apes) but these superhero movies have a weightlessness to them

that shyt was scifi channel inexcusable. nobody caught that shyt? :wtf:

doesn't shock me they had some real iffy CGI on BP in some spots :mjpls:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Right? In Black Panther for example I could get over most of the cgi used but that second time in the ancestral plane was way too unnatural
D9op9x.gif

Y'all couldn't just film out in an open field somewhere
full
Ayo:russ::russ::russ:They really got the hundred million dollar film using the screens my boy Majahype be using:deadmanny::deadmanny::deadmanny:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I loved both films. Doesn't mean the cgi hasn't been distracting as fukk to me either:yeshrug:

I'll keep saying it on this board until it becomes part of a Film Room Bible: It is possible to love a thing and still have some issues with it. Doesn't mean you love it any less.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Right? In Black Panther for example I could get over most of the cgi used but that second time in the ancestral plane was way too unnatural
D9op9x.gif

Y'all couldn't just film out in an open field somewhere
full
Nah this shyt making me mad :laff::laff::laff::laff: it was this scene specifically that took me out the film for a bit. John Kani and Chadwick MURDERED this scene but you're telling me they couldn't just go to a park in ATL or something? Just keep it simple it was just them two and some extras:mjlol:

Smashius Clay

The Millennium Brotha I Be
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Perpetual World Traveler
This is the real question for me. I don’t think marvel used ILM on these last flicks or at least I don’t remember seeing the name in the credits.

And did Lucas sell ilm also or just lucasfilm because ILM and skywalker sound are different from lucasfilm.

But the Titan shyt I can forgive. The way the heads of Rhodey and Bruce looked when in suits is atrocious though and just really confusing how someone let that slide through and gave it a thumbs up.

Cheaper to film it all on a set homie. One of the reasons marvel is so successful is they cut costs to maximize that return on investment. So rather than actually go to an airport in Germany which costs a whole lot, just shoot it in Georgia on a soundstage. Why go to Africa when you got a studio in Atlanta?
That Odin death scene from Ragnarock filmed in "Norway" :scust:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Sadly? Yes lol. It’s that whole Seinfeld gag about sending a man to the moon and now everything is compared to it. So if someone like Cameron or Spielberg from 25 years ago can show you exactly how it can be done and done really well, everyone else after is going to be looked at as lazy if they don’t measure up. It’s unfair at times but it’s reality.

Cool, I respect that.

I guess my thing is.... too many times in this current society or era we hyperbole too much shyt to “OMGz this is the worst thing ever and it ruined my experience so I’m gonna penalize it to the max degree”

A lot of people walked away from Avatar saying “it was a beautiful movie but wasn’t that good”

Planet Ego on GOTG2 was GORGEOUS, but the people who knock that movie don’t discount their hate for it on some “well I didn’t like Gaurdians 2 for blah blah blah reasons so I give it a 1, but since Ego looked great my score is a 3”

And if beautiful visuals can’t dramatically make a movie better it shouldn’t make it worse unless it’s 1980s bad without a purpose (ala Kung Fu Fury)

Maybe it’s just me but it was well above average and good enough. I don’t need a them dedicate $120K for every blade of grass to look real on Titan (an alien planet) for a 2 mins or less scene. I’m not saying we should hold them to low standards before someone twist and pivot my words but does it serve it purpose?

I believe so..... and it didn’t look like it was SyFy Sharknado 3 level CGI

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Cool, I respect that.

I guess my thing is.... too many times in this current society or era we hyperbole too much shyt to “OMGz this is the worst thing ever and it ruined my experience so I’m gonna penalize it to the max degree”

A lot of people walked away from Avatar saying “it was a beautiful movie but wasn’t that good”

Planet Ego on GOTG2 was GORGEOUS, but the people who knock that movie don’t discount their hate for it on some “well I didn’t like Gaurdians 2 for blah blah blah reasons so I give it a 1, but since Ego looked great my score is a 3”

And if beautiful visuals can’t dramatically make a movie better it shouldn’t make it worse unless it’s 1980s bad without a purpose (ala Kung Fu Fury)

Maybe it’s just me but it was well above average and good enough. I don’t need a them dedicate $120K for every blade of grass to look real on Titan (an alien planet) for a 2 mins or less scene. I’m not saying we should hold them to low standards before someone twist and pivot my words but does it serve it purpose?

I believe so..... and it didn’t look like it was SyFy Sharknado 3 level CGI

It's not hyperbole tho to say the CG in those two flicks are meh at best. Yes, the CG in guardians is dope as hell but that's how CG works. When it's great you barely notice it but when its awful, you really notice it. And when most everything else you're doing is on point, having a sore spot like that really sticks out. And again, when everyone knows its possible to attain, you get dinged for it.

As a music geek and a music score geek, I knocked them for their musical choices and I wasn't the only one. And I've loved what they've done with their scores starting with Doc Strange and every flick going forward, with Homecoming and Black Panther being particular standouts. Now does that, much like CG, make a huge difference to the mainstream? Not in the least bit. But for film geeks and critics and just a specific community, it will make a difference and it'll be talked about. To quote Cavil's character from MI Fallout, "That's the job." That's criticism and that's film criticism and that's how art is looked at.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Nah this shyt making me mad :laff::laff::laff::laff: it was this scene specifically that took me out the film for a bit. John Kani and Chadwick MURDERED this scene but you're telling me they couldn't just go to a park in ATL or something? Just keep it simple it was just them two and some extras:mjlol:

That was my exact complaint in the black panther thread. Y'all had a dope ass movie on your hands but couldn't do this in a real place? Or at least just make it night time again so it's not as bad? :francis: