IW and BP exposes the MCU’s biggest flaw.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
fb1a79b8a3951114dcbeb8ccd6d8ee66.png

I’m ordering so much popcorn for the purge

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Serious conversation?

I don’t think it’s that serious.

Sometimes the complaints about movie CGI is like movies are still at Beetlejuice CGI level quality status.

Does Avatar really have to be the measuring stick for EVERYTHING?

Martha

Sadly? Yes lol. It’s that whole Seinfeld gag about sending a man to the moon and now everything is compared to it. So if someone like Cameron or Spielberg from 25 years ago can show you exactly how it can be done and done really well, everyone else after is going to be looked at as lazy if they don’t measure up. It’s unfair at times but it’s reality.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Didnt have a problem with eithers cgi
The BP and Killmonger final fight scene had 2001 levels of cgi. shyt gollum looks better.

The ruffalo hulkbuster cgi was scorpion king bad

Inexcusable.

Its odd to me they can perfect Animals (life of pi, recent Apes) but these superhero movies have a weightlessness to them

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
The BP and Killmonger final fight scene had 2001 levels of cgi. shyt gollum looks better.

Inexcusable.

Its odd to me they can perfect Animals (life of pi, recent Apes) but these superhero movies have a weightlessness to them
shyt even the cursed castle workers on Beauty and the Beast were better

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

Inexcusable.

The Thanos CGI was flawless. I guess it depends on what they're trying to do.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
What bothers me sometimes about CGI the most isn't even the CGI itself, it's the poor acting. Most great actors are only great in talking or when the camera is all on them, but their imagination jumps the shark as their performance becomes bigger than their character.

I didn't wanna blow anyone's high at the time, but when Justice League was promoing w/ trailers, there's a shot where Aquaman drops into a building with a parademon.

L8MpTVs.gif

Now if that was an actual building, Superhuman strength and invulnerability aside, you're still trying to have a clean landing, ducking debris flying in your face, etc. Jason Momoa just focuses on the parademon he's surfing all the way from when they drop in the building, and he slides out of the building like he just walked out of a revolving door from a board of directors meeting. If you can't explore those moments intricately to express them in the proper way direction- and acting- wise then just don't attempt, cause once you notice it as a viewer it cancels the immersion for the rest of the movie. And even if you're a popcorn action flick fan who thinks it's not that serious something in the back of your head will notice there's something "off".

That's why a lot of non cgi scenes tend to get more props, cause you don't have to imagine the intricacies of the weather, wind blowing, dust, heat, etc. cause it's happening in real time. Alot of actors are only focused on the man-to-man interaction aspect of the performance and consideration of the other aspects of the scene is left to the imagination of the scene director/choreographer.

Someone just mentioned titan above, that's another thing. There's destruction when they're fighting. When they're at rest in these CGI scenes there's no wind blowing, no random things in the distance the character notices for no reason, etc. So the performances become less layered.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
I will say this.

A lot of movies with that high quality CGI, if you look at the credits, it’s normally a lot of Asians, Punjabi Indians, and whites on the staff.

No for example BP was a majority if not all black staff.

So EVP, are you saying Disney should stop giving these opportunities and jobs to the blacks who been working on their projects and go back to letting whites and Asian take control?:mjpls:

I got time I’ll wait?:sas2:

Martha

If this is true,I will deal with it:francis:

Hopefully they can level up on the next one,because the CGI in BP was distracting:martin:
Overall the CGI for Marvel is pretty servicable.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique

Inexcusable.

You may be right on the time thing cause i believe they took hulk out for the reshoots as we saw he was in the trailers but the ironman suit made it to movie.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Crazy thing is they do amazing at de-aging actors. Downey in Civil - great. Douglas in Antman - Great. Russel in Guardians 2 - Great.
shyt even Skinny Steve Roger look realistic back when that came out.

But then at other point it looks shytty, Hulkbuster suit in Ifinity War, Black Panther ending fight scene, etc.

It's like they have a 1st and 2nd unit. The 1st is all the best animators and they do the close intricate CGI scene. That second unit does background and fast paced shoots. But the second unit is a bunch of interns or something.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Backgrounds since Civil War airport battle have been:scust:to me. I don't know why they can't use normal locations for scenes.

Right? In Black Panther for example I could get over most of the cgi used but that second time in the ancestral plane was way too unnatural
D9op9x.gif

Y'all couldn't just film out in an open field somewhere
full