ivy league vs hbcu

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
No it wasn't it was truth. You getting mad at boy for telling the truth makes you look real insecure. I can't post a quote cause I asked a question didn't make a statement. shyt you doing a bad job repping hbcus and Louisiana you fukking clown right now fam.
notice how u quoted me in the 1st place:ehh:
notice how u all aggy like a bytch
now who is insecure:ehh:

so what ivy league or hbcu did u attend to impart your opinion?

and YES your question was stupid when you asked something u had to answer to by reading what i posted in the 1st place u dumb fukk
i did not state that HBCU's are better
but u cant post where u got that notion from can u:ehh:

you are a mentally challenged fukk boi
so eat a dikk with ya moms and die:ehh:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
notice how u quoted me in the 1st place:ehh:
notice how u all aggy like a bytch
now who is insecure:ehh:

so what ivy league or hbcu did u attend to impart your opinion?

and YES your question was stupid when you asked something u had to answer to by reading what i posted in the 1st place u dumb fukk
i did not state that HBCU's are better
but u cant post where u got that notion from can u:ehh:

you are a mentally challenged fukk boi
so eat a dikk with ya moms and die:ehh:
:umad: But don't be your mom fukked a worthless nikka and made an even worthless child in you. Maybe you can hit the lotto or something bytch.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
Lol

Ppl don't even know some of your top programs are at HBCUs

And when one will ask what...

Peep out SU (Southern University) nursing program and EE program and Lol

Stop thinking white man's ice is better lol

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
How would that benefit you moreso than going to Howard or Morehouse?

Okay to be transparent, I got accepted to Howard University in high school. So I respect Howard university and other comparable HBCU's. But the connections at Columbia are just too good to pass up. A lot of people seem to have the perception that every IVY league is a PWI. That's not really true. If I'm correct, Columbia white population is in the 40 percent range. My cousin goes to Columbia university and has never felt more at home. I think having a Columbia degree is so powerful in society that it's not something to dismiss. Howard and Morehouse are dope, but Columbia is Columbia breh.

Edit: I knew I was right.

STUDENTS
Ethnicity of Students from U.S. 2.7% American Indian/Alaskan Native
25.7% Asian
13.3% Black/African-American
13.7% Hispanic/Latino
40.4% White
4.1% Unknown

Last edited:

Iris32

Pro
Daps
Okay to be transparent before I start this, I got accepted to Howard University in high school. So I respect Howard university, and other comparable HBCU's. But the connections at Columbia are just too good to pass up. A lot of people seem to have the perception that every IVY league is a PWI. That's not really true. If I'm correct Columbia white population is in the 40 percent range. I know for a fact the black population at Columbia is around 13-15 percent. My cousin goes to Columbia university and has never felt more at home. I think having a Columbia degree is so powerful in society that it's not something to dismiss. Howard and Morehouse are dope, but Columbia is Columbia breh.

I actually agree with your logic. But besides connections, i also think about what happens if I decide I don't want to live in America anymore and decide to move to another country. Going to an IVY league school gives you automatic recognition all over the world. That's just a fact. I'm not only thinking about living/working in the US, I'm thinking about life on a global scale. I do completely agree that the community you get at an hbcu is irreplaceable, but there are also black student unions and various clubs focused on black students and building a tight knit community at pwi.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
yea them too, their Business School is legit.

IMO it would be best if we consolidated the HBCUs we do have to about 5 universities, thus all of the resources could be used to competing but people are too caught up in not losing the individual history of each school, not realizing when you go to HBCUs nowadays majority of the Staff for the degrees worth a damn are not even being taught by blacks.
You're a fukking idiot. Black folk all across the country only get 5 universities now? Are you requesting PWIs get cut as well?

FOH cac!

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
The way yall romanticize HBCUs is kinda off, there are like 4-5 HBCUs worth a damn. The rest of them are jokes of schools were you're paying the same as the best state school in your state to use ran down and old facilities.dent

And this is from somebody that's going back to school at TSU come summer. Asked some of my friends that were already going there how was it and they basically confirmed that it was a joke for academic purposes, "it got hoes though".

That there are high schools with better resources, and TSU is considered one of the "better" ones.
You must be a joke of a student.

Someone as intellectually gifted as yourself should be straight iv league. For some reason I have a strong suspicion they wouldn't take your dumbass even if they were forced too. Luckily a "joke" school like TSU is around to give dummies like yourself a chance at higher education.

Unless your graduate with a 4.0 from TSU, your must be the biggest moron alive (using your logic).

I know plenty of successful TSU grads. Including my dad(architect), my brother (tax law), and numerous close associates (doctors, pharmacists, nurses, etc....). Perhaps you need to choose better friends.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Okay to be transparent before I start this, I got accepted to Howard University in high school. So I respect Howard university, and other comparable HBCU's. But the connections at Columbia are just too good to pass up. A lot of people seem to have the perception that every IVY league is a PWI. That's not really true. If I'm correct Columbia white population is in the 40 percent range. I know for a fact the black population at Columbia is around 13-15 percent. My cousin goes to Columbia university and has never felt more at home. I think having a Columbia degree is so powerful in society that it's not something to dismiss. Howard and Morehouse are dope, but Columbia is Columbia breh.

Edit: I knew I was right.

STUDENTS
Ethnicity of Students from U.S. 2.7% American Indian/Alaskan Native
25.7% Asian
13.3% Black/African-American
13.7% Hispanic/Latino
40.4% White
4.1% Unknown

I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors..... my only thing is that I hear a lot of young guys talk about networking and connections at ivy league schools... but the few cats I know, or the ones I've known through association, never got plugged into anything simply by graduating from an ivy league school...

They ddin't know the dean personally, or have family members that made major financial contributions... bottom line they weren't able to tap into the wealth of that school like a legacy could.... or even a well off white student...

but this was 15-20 years ago... maybe things are different now.... :manny: