I've decided I'm not signing the birth certificate. What now? (I gave up...)

Fiji Water

Every moment is an opportunity
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I'm here for laughs about it at this point but I also have questions. Is there any way I can be forced to list myself in the future? Am I wrong for feeling guilty? Should I still try to be in the child's life?

The scenario is fukked up, obviously. Timeline wise, I'm somewhat sure the kid is mine but I can't gamble with this. I also wanted the kid and thought she did, too. This woman threatened to get an abortion and once that window closed, she decided to share that she was being shared. Multiple ex boyfriends, old high school flame and her manager. Not to mention some of my so called "friends". At least one.

Not all while she was pregnant but apparently throughout our relationship which has been a little less than 2 years. We broken up now and I'm moving in a month, hopefully less.

During that discussion about moving, she asked if I would still go to appointments and be there for the birth. I said I'd do whatever I can work permitting as a duty to my potential kid. I thought that was more than nice.

She said if I show up I have to sign the birth certificate. I made it clear I won't be doing that without a DNA test. Her ultimatum was that if I don't plan to sign, I don't need to be there for anything including the birth.

Nah, fukk all that. If I'm not 100 percent sure, I'm not signing shyt. So here we are.

LadyJ2

Superstar
Daps
I'm here for laughs about it at this point but I also have questions. Is there any way I can be forced to list myself in the future? Am I wrong for feeling guilty? Should I still try to be in the child's life?

The scenario is fukked up, obviously. Timeline wise, I'm somewhat sure the kid is mine but I can't gamble with this. I also wanted the kid and thought she did, too. This woman threatened to get an abortion and once that window closed, she decided to share that she was being shared. Multiple ex boyfriends, old high school flame and her manager. Not to mention some of my so called "friends". At least one.

Not all while she was pregnant but apparently throughout our relationship which has been a little less than 2 years. We broken up now and I'm moving in a month, hopefully less.

During that discussion about moving, she asked if I would still go to appointments and be there for the birth. I said I'd do whatever I can work permitting as a duty to my potential kid. I thought that was more than nice.

She said if I show up I have to sign the birth certificate. I made it clear I won't be doing that without a DNA test. Her ultimatum was that if I don't plan to sign, I don't need to be there for anything including the birth.

Nah, fukk all that. If I'm not 100 percent sure, I'm not signing shyt. So here we are.

:francis:

neph27

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly man I don't know how to answer your question I'm just sorry you're going through it. I couldn't imagine. My wife is pregnant rn and I couldn't imagine being on that type of terms or that level of uncertainty if it's yours or not.

A DNA test sounds absolutely mandatory.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
My boy didn't sign the birth certificate either. Then his baby mom died around Christmas of last year & now he's engaged in a legal battle for custody of his kids with her family. The family is framing it under the guise that he never wanted them to begin with. You have to do what you feel is right though.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
dont sign shyt without proof it's yours.
UKVu0t8.gif

Fiji Water

Every moment is an opportunity
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
When is the baby due?
Early-mid November.

I'm trying not to be stressed because this makes me look like a terrible father either way. The child isn't gonna see mom's a cheater, she's just going to see a mother. And I feel bad because at this point, I don't even wanna see the child. Hopefully that changes if it's mine but even then, I can't imagine any civility between me and the woman.

So my best case scenario is financial support unless my daughter requests to see me which I'd really have to think over. The situation got me in my feelings that bad that I don't know if I can even deal with having any contact moving forward.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds

Take her to Maury pal