I’ve been sleeping on Rowing Machines. The GOAT overall workout.

Ziploc

Celestial
Daps
Was totally into it,started with just 1k to get my body used to the movements. Went up to 5k,three times a week but then started to have problems with my sciatic nerve and had to stop for a couple months. Didn't got back to it but it is/was one of my favorite exercises so I'm starting again. Concept 2 is my favorite machine .

Ziploc

Celestial
Daps
good work in here :salute:

make sure brehs are stretching lower back and hip flexor with all this rowing :ufdup:
Can't stress this enough,I had a really bad time with my sciatic nerve because I didn't stretch before and after rowing.Also use proper shoes, don't use sneakers with a thick sole,at least that's what I learned,it messed with my movements and foot placement.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I’m thinking of using due to back pain… what exactly do u feel what’s getting worked out ?
Rowing is a compound exercise like squats, but with much less joint stress. Core, legs, back. IIRC, everything but chest and something else from something I saw. I just started and have a surgically repaired back, and as long as I hold proper form, it barely registers pain wise.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Rowing is a compound exercise like squats, but with much less joint stress. Core, legs, back. IIRC, everything but chest and something else from something I saw. I just started and have a surgically repaired back, and as long as I hold proper form, it barely registers pain wise.
I think my low back joints are giving me problems, going to see if this helps… did u have a herniated disc?

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m thinking of using due to back pain… what exactly do u feel what’s getting worked out ?

I don't feel anything but energy being expended. Like on my intervals, I can hit the same times for 500 meters for like 5 intervals, then afterwards because I'm tired, the times start to fall apart. You work 86% of your muscles, legs, core, back, arms. It's not like you get a pump or anything. Only time I felt anything was when I fukked up. My foot wasn't strapped in tight and that made my knee hurt a little bit, then one time my form was fukked up and instead of following through with the motion I was using my arms too much and pulling and I felt that, then one time in the heat of some intervals my form was fukked up during a rep or two and I could feel it in my back below my shoulder blade. In each of these situations I was cognizant and made the necessary adjustments in real time and continued on and the next day it wasnt an issue, no lingering pain or anything. It's not like bench press or pushups or squats where you do a bunch then the next day you're like "man I feel it" and decide whether you should rest or not. I do it before I workout 20-40 mins and I've done it after. The other stuff i do i should rest and take days off on, but not this.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I’m hoping, I wish u a quick recovery bro… did u get it fused are had the disc cleaned up?
Cleaned. This was 2 years ago. That and the pandemic had me beyond lazy, so I'm forcing myself to move. Started hitting the weights again, also. Have to work up to some level of fitness again, but the rowing machine is the easiest cardio so far aside from just walking, but I prefer not to have to leave the house because it's harder to skip.