I’ve been sleeping on Rowing Machines. The GOAT overall workout.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
I don't feel anything but energy being expended. Like on my intervals, I can hit the same times for 500 meters for like 5 intervals, then afterwards because I'm tired, the times start to fall apart. You work 86% of your muscles, legs, core, back, arms. It's not like you get a pump or anything. Only time I felt anything was when I fukked up. My foot wasn't strapped in tight and that made my knee hurt a little bit, then one time my form was fukked up and instead of following through with the motion I was using my arms too much and pulling and I felt that, then one time in the heat of some intervals my form was fukked up during a rep or two and I could feel it in my back below my shoulder blade. In each of these situations I was cognizant and made the necessary adjustments in real time and continued on and the next day it wasnt an issue, no lingering pain or anything. It's not like bench press or pushups or squats where you do a bunch then the next day you're like "man I feel it" and decide whether you should rest or not. I do it before I workout 20-40 mins and I've done it after. The other stuff i do i should rest and take days off on, but not this.
Ya I just hit it for 30 minutes at a even pace, didn’t get the pump like u said but got the heart racing.. I think my abs do feel tight but then again I did a bunch of sit ups before going to the gym

Tsotsi Cape Town

Pro
Bushed
Daps
Started with a humble 15 mins today at a constant pace but I fukked up and had too much pre workout in my system for the weights. Made my heart race, I’m never taking that shyt again.

Gonna stick with the towing after weights though and hope the pounds drop off a nikka

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Appreciate this thread. Anyone use the WaterRower? Wife and I thinking about that one
I’ve never used one but the concept 2 is the most popular one and has the most support From apps that send workouts directly to the rower to Facebook and IG groups where you can get advice and tips from world class rowers.
if you and the wife aren’t dead set on the water rower I would at least ltake a look at a concept 2 if you haven’t already

Air Game Rule

D.I.O.V.C.
Daps
Reppin
Gwinnett County
I’ve never used one but the concept 2 is the most popular one and has the most support From apps that send workouts directly to the rower to Facebook and IG groups where you can get advice and tips from world class rowers.
if you and the wife aren’t dead set on the water rower I would at least ltake a look at a concept 2 if you haven’t already
ya that's the one I've heard about the most for sure and the first one I looked into. The WR is sexy though. Idk we're still thinkin about it...

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Just did a 50 mins one watching Naruto episodes

Seriously this shyt is goat
Like my foot injuries which sustained in the past because I stubbornly had to be active for cardio whether it was indoor cycling or using the skip rope at high intensity are basically healed up
Like I can play basketball with no plantar fasciitis pain that lingered for like 6-8 months(from a real bad ankle sprain that I ignored and just went through it)and my ankles that got fukked with a sprain(recently one in November playing ball) is gone

I’m really healed up :mjcry: I can go all out I started hooping 2-3 times a week whether it is by myself after lifting to train or with people

:shaq: Im back rowing machine the goat :salute:
Ima take it easy on running though I’ll keep rowing for my main cardio days and I’ll start running when its warmer outside to ramp it up to my weekly 10k runs

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
gZ9sgLg_d.webp

Did it watching the last 2 episodes of Dragon Ball Super
Had a high enough stroke rate of like 30-40 throughout
I went all out like really all out when Goku and Frieza and 17 teamed up vs Jiren had a SPM hitting 54 :damn:
To the point that I had to go real slow afterwards cuz I was done done like DONE DYING DONE but kept at it to at least hit a good enough number of calories for my rings(got like 98 to go for the day) since I was playing video games since 10 am :russ:
I hit 400 active calories within 40 mins though :wow:
Now to relax eat tacos and drink wine after showering
Gawd damn I love this machine

u10uJeJ_d.webp

Beat my active calories record watching the last episodes of Gohan vs Cell
Kept it on hard intensity building it up till Gohan did that Father Son Kamehameha starting going 100%
And when this hit

That theme song I fukkING WENT ALL OUT PUSHED MYSELF EVEN HARDER TO EXHAUSTION YEAH nikka I YELLED LIKE GOHAN TOO:damn:

Rest in Power Akira Toriyama-San :salute:

Now I will definitely be vaping weed tonight :mjlit:

Dont@Me

😡
Daps
when i do these, i stretch then hit 5,000m in 19 minutes.

set 1 2,000m
1 min break

set 2 1,000m
1 min break

set 3 1,000m
1 min break

set 4 1,000m

then hit the weights and then stretch :yeshrug: