I’ve been sleeping on Rowing Machines. The GOAT overall workout.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I've been to 4 group classes exclusively for the erg. Mainly to make sure my form and shyt is good. Once i get 4 more in (end of this week) I'll just go from there and do the rest at home.

Protip: search for free classes in your area. Most places will do a full class/session for free. I did two at other places before i found this place. They are all pretty much the same.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Mine showed up last night. Set it up today and tried it. I stretched first and still turned to rubber in about 7 minutes. :snoop:This is gonna be tough, but I didn't do anything to my back or anything, just using muscles that I haven't in ages. Gotta stay at it. Gonna be a while before I can do these real ass routines. :damn:

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
gZ9sgLg_d.webp

Did it watching the last 2 episodes of Dragon Ball Super
Had a high enough stroke rate of like 30-40 throughout
I went all out like really all out when Goku and Frieza and 17 teamed up vs Jiren had a SPM hitting 54 :damn:
To the point that I had to go real slow afterwards cuz I was done done like DONE DYING DONE but kept at it to at least hit a good enough number of calories for my rings(got like 98 to go for the day) since I was playing video games since 10 am :russ:
I hit 400 active calories within 40 mins though :wow:
Now to relax eat tacos and drink wine after showering
Gawd damn I love this machine

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
gZ9sgLg_d.webp

Did it watching the last 2 episodes of Dragon Ball Super
Had a high enough stroke rate of like 30-40 throughout
I went all out like really all out when Goku and Frieza and 17 teamed up vs Jiren had a SPM hitting 54 :damn:
To the point that I had to go real slow afterwards cuz I was done done like DONE DYING DONE but kept at it to at least hit a good enough number of calories for my rings(got like 98 to go for the day) since I was playing video games since 10 am :russ:
I hit 400 active calories within 40 mins though :wow:
Now to relax eat tacos and drink wine after showering
Gawd damn I love this machine
I been off for over a week traveling. Finna get back on it and double up on the workouts from this app I got. What strength level are you working on? Any app/workout suggestions?

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
I been off for over a week traveling. Finna get back on it and double up on the workouts from this app I got. What strength level are you working on? Any app/workout suggestions?

I alternate between 3 and 5. Today was on 3
I use Apple fitness + for workouts as well

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
can you change the tension
Maybe not quite how you think.

Think of it like a mountain bike. If you use your highest gear which is taxing on the legs to ride 20 miles, vs if you ride 20 miles on your lowest gear.

It's not really about resistance. It's more or so about holding a pace per 500km or so. That's going to be dictated by one of two things, split rate or strokes per minute.

The goal is to stay in consistent motion. If you put the damper on 10 what's going to happen is too much air will get in and stop the flywheel before you finish your stroke and you'll burn up all your energy getting it going again. This what a lot of people do and think they're getting the best workout because it does burn all your energy. But then again they aren't measuring either a specific split, or a stroke rate.

Can you crank up the resistance and make it more difficult like a pulley machine and leg press? No

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Yo, I love the way this shyt is toning my body but the lack of intensity is driving me CRAZY. What do yall do to get your heartrate up?! :why:

Ratmaster

Pro
Daps
Reppin
#Ratset
Just got one for Christmas off the strength of this thread. I messed my back up trying to do too much. Im gonna change the resistance and work on my form. I’ll see if that helps.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Just got one for Christmas off the strength of this thread. I messed my back up trying to do too much. Im gonna change the resistance and work on my form. I’ll see if that helps.
My shyt was fukked up right before Christmas. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but my issue was pulling too early. Haven't had any issues since I prioritized pushing out with my legs, I pull with my arms about midway or so.

I also been prioritizing the form over the pace. If I'm outta sync then I'll just shorten my push/pull until I'm back in alignment.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town

Form is so important, and no one ever talks about that. You can rush through a bunch of reps on a row and if you have bad form you're not even getting a fraction of the work out. Here's a good instructional video on rowing form:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yo, I love the way this shyt is toning my body but the lack of intensity is driving me CRAZY. What do yall do to get your heartrate up?! :why:
What's your heart rate? Mine averages about 150bpm might peak at 170, might drop to 149 but averages at 150.

What we do in the rowing class is during intervals, use weights or calisthenics or weights with calisthenics.