I’ve been sleeping on Rowing Machines. The GOAT overall workout.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's one of my go to's on arm day. I make sure to do all the compounding lifts. Benching, squats, pullups and rows

invalid

Banned
Daps
It’s call a rowing machine because that’s what it is. Some call it a rowerg but that’s usually to differentiate between the skierg and bikeerg.

You will find no one in the rowing space that calls it a rowing machine and neither do they call it a rowerg.

Its just called the erg.

If its called any of those things, its by non-rowers.

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if your form is right and you got the correct resistance on it you gonna struggle.

Where do you feel the resistance the most? My arms and shoulders usually hurt after awhile. Dont feel it in my legs or my back to be honest. Been looking over tutorials on here to do it properly but i learn better by actually doing it.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
You will find no one in the rowing space that calls it a rowing machine and neither do they call it a rowerg.

Its just called the erg.

If its called any of those things, its by non-rowers.
I guess you’re right. All I did was post a pic from the concept 2 logbook where it’s called the rowerg. But concept 2 only builds them so what do they know? They’re obviously non-rowers. You got it champ.

invalid

Banned
Daps
I guess you’re right. All I did was post a pic from the concept 2 logbook where it’s called the rowerg. But concept 2 only builds them so what do they know? They’re obviously non-rowers. You got it champ.

Concept2 (and the rowing community) has referred to our rowing machine as an “erg” ever since the 80s. If you're not sure why, here's a brief history.

An “ergometer” (“erg” for short) is a device that measures work. Concept2’s Indoor Rowers, SkiErg and BikeErg are all ergometers and this is a feature that sets them apart from many other exercise machines on the market.

The bike and ski ergs are relatively newer ergometer machines. Even so, the indoor rower is still exclusively called the "erg". Its been that way for awhile.

invalid

Banned
Daps
Where do you feel the resistance the most? My arms and shoulders usually hurt after awhile. Dont feel it in my legs or my back to be honest. Been looking over tutorials on here to do it properly but i learn better by actually doing it.

The proper rowing stroke is 85% legs and torso which is where you should be feeling the most resistance.
If you're feeling most of the resistance in your arms and shoulders your form is off.

The way that we train to get the proper form (on top of having a coach hover over you making corrections) is to break down the stroke.
So we would start off with the "drive" and just push off with our legs.
You don't do anything else but push off with your legs then return to the "catch".

Then you would add the second part of the stroke which is the back.
So you would 1) push off with your legs then 2) recline the back.

Do that a couple of times.

Then you add the third part which is the arms.
So you would 1) push off with your legs then 2) recline your back then 3) finally pull the bar to your chest to finish the stroke. (in the above video, they do the breakdown backwards which is fine also - they start with the arms, then back, then legs).

The most important thing that people don't understand about the rowing stroke is that you're not suppose to pull the bar to your chest until your legs are fully extended in the drive (the bar should not pass your knees until your knees are straight.)

And as you finish the drive into the recovery, you're not suppose to bend your knees to come into the catch until the bar crosses your knees. After the bar crosses your knees, then that is when you can bend your knees coming into the catch.

The two things that I see the most from people is pulling the bar in too early (pass the knees) before their legs are fully extended.
And then relaxing their legs too early coming into the catch before the bar passes their knees.

Your knees are the barometer.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Just did 35 mins this morning before work woke up early at 5am so I wouldn’t have to do it afterwards since I’ma be back home late. shyts great cuz I can easily watch a show on my tv to pass time which I was already doing with my indoor bike, but this is probably going to be my exclusive cardio machine for this winter on 2/3 time of my cardio other one I’ll do bike
:wow:

JX1qnEq_d.webp

My goal is to eventually catch up with the calories so it matches to my minutes and later pass it

I’ma try doing it while watching Dragon Ball Z on the episode where Gohan kills Cell to achieve this :banderas:
Done already this Thursday and today:shaq:

YIr3HFr_d.webp

kdQH9Nm_d.webp

Ate them all outs like it was nothing this time :damn: IM HERE nikka!

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Amazon just delivered my joint! :gladbron:
Definitely putting it together and doing a bit of exercise if possible during lunch. I'll read thru the whole thread but yall PUT ME ON with any good apps, exercises/drills, etc :banderas:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Yeah I do this often (haven’t in a few weeks though)

Want one for the apt honestly.. my complex got one but I could easily do this while watching the game or listening to music/YouTube vids.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Need to get back on this shyt.

Bought a norditrack a couple years ago, was doing it 3-4 times a week for a minute but fell off.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Amazon just delivered my joint! :gladbron:
Definitely putting it together and doing a bit of exercise if possible during lunch. I'll read thru the whole thread but yall PUT ME ON with any good apps, exercises/drills, etc :banderas:
Which one did you get?

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Need to get back on this shyt.

Bought a norditrack a couple years ago, was doing it 3-4 times a week for a minute but fell off.

Damn. This thing is expensive. For that price you could a bought a concept 2 which will sadly outlive all of us in terms of quality, build, etc etc.

Does this have programs and shyt built in that you can do when you're not an ifit subscriber?

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn. This thing is expensive. For that price you could a bought a concept 2 which will sadly outlive all of us in terms of quality, build, etc etc.

Does this have programs and shyt built in that you can do when you're not an ifit subscriber?
Bought it when it was on sale for $1,600 and talked them into giving me 2 years of ifit for free. Main reason for the splurge was to get something my wife may like. They've got the peloton like class room settings but you also do rowing in different locations around the world, she likes being outdoors and traveling so thought that would help her during the winter.

She's used the shyt like 4 times. :aicmon:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bought it when it was on sale for $1,600 and talked them into giving me 2 years of ifit for free. Main reason for the splurge was to get something my wife may like. They've got the peloton like class room settings but you also do rowing in different locations around the world, she likes being outdoors and traveling so thought that would help her during the winter.

She's used the shyt like 4 times. :aicmon:
:salute: if she thinks those 4 sessions are worth $400 then you did your job.

Steep charge though