**ITS OFFICIAL** Walt Disney buys 21st Century FOX

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
So like....

Similar to how Marvel Entertainment is under Disney.... yall do know Miramax was under Disney right?:patrice:

"Ok..... and?":manny:

Yall may respond:beli:

Well.... Disney, the multinational conglomerate, owned Miramax Films from 1993—2010.

From this perspective, anything released by Miramax and Dimension Films during this time period could technically be considered as released by Disney, the multinational conglomerate. Miramax owned the genre label Dimension Films (specializing in genre films).

Some of the R-rated films that Miramax released during this time period:
  • Quentin Tarantino’s Pulp Fiction
  • Quentin Tarantino’s Kill Bill Volume 1 and Volume 2
  • Peter Jackson’s Heavenly Creatures
  • Kevin Smith’s Clerks
  • Gary Felder’s Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead
  • Woody Allen’s Mighty Aphrodite
  • Danny Boyle’s Trainspotting
  • Anthony Minghella’s The English Patient
  • Gus Van Sant’s Good Will Hunting
  • Lasse Hallström’s The Cider House Rules
  • Steven Soderbergh’s Full Frontal
Some of the R-rated films that Dimension Films released during this time period:
  • Robert Rodriguez’s From Dusk Till Dawn
  • Robert Rodriguez’s Sin City
  • Robert Rodriguez’s The Faculty
  • Halloween H20: 20 Years Later
  • Wes Craven’s Scream
  • Wes Craven’s Scream 2
  • Wes Craven’s Scream 3
  • Bad Santa
  • The Amityville Horror

So I think we can stop pretending that Disney wont release Rated R movies.... I think its more of a manner of what makes sense, what doesnt make sense, and if there is money in it.

A Rated R Deadpool could make sense going forward, it wouldnt make sense to make say an Xmen Origins: Rogue stand alone film rated R

Martha

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
So like....

Similar to how Marvel Entertainment is under Disney.... yall do know Miramax was under Disney right?:patrice:

"Ok..... and?":manny:

Yall may respond:beli:

Well.... Disney, the multinational conglomerate, owned Miramax Films from 1993—2010.

From this perspective, anything released by Miramax and Dimension Films during this time period could technically be considered as released by Disney, the multinational conglomerate. Miramax owned the genre label Dimension Films (specializing in genre films).

Some of the R-rated films that Miramax released during this time period:
  • Quentin Tarantino’s Pulp Fiction
  • Quentin Tarantino’s Kill Bill Volume 1 and Volume 2
  • Peter Jackson’s Heavenly Creatures
  • Kevin Smith’s Clerks
  • Gary Felder’s Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead
  • Woody Allen’s Mighty Aphrodite
  • Danny Boyle’s Trainspotting
  • Anthony Minghella’s The English Patient
  • Gus Van Sant’s Good Will Hunting
  • Lasse Hallström’s The Cider House Rules
  • Steven Soderbergh’s Full Frontal
Some of the R-rated films that Dimension Films released during this time period:
  • Robert Rodriguez’s From Dusk Till Dawn
  • Robert Rodriguez’s Sin City
  • Robert Rodriguez’s The Faculty
  • Halloween H20: 20 Years Later
  • Wes Craven’s Scream
  • Wes Craven’s Scream 2
  • Wes Craven’s Scream 3
  • Bad Santa
  • The Amityville Horror

So I think we can stop pretending that Disney wont release Rated R movies.... I think its more of a manner of what makes sense, what doesnt make sense, and if there is money in it.

A Rated R Deadpool could make sense going forward, it wouldnt make sense to make say an Xmen Origins: Rogue stand alone film rated R

Martha
they talkin like Disney cant or wont do some shyt true to the comics.
:mjlol:

nah you hatin ass, "i wish she didnt fukk with him and was with me" ass nikkas!
only Fox would lack the where with all to stay true to the source.
wait til fukkin Van Wilder comes at your neck to realize "hey... this R Rated Deadpool and Wolverine shyt could work!"

goddammit
:deadmanny:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I can't believe what I'm seeing on the first page. @MartyMcFly tell these people... If Disney owned the X-Men we wouldn't have gotten Deadpool or Logan. These kids are fooling themselves :mjlol:

It’s possible. But it all depends on how off brand they’re willing to go since Feige has said it’s not in their plans and he doesn’t think it’s necessary. So if it happens that would be the creative question and decision

Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Disney gets X-men back, I think they'd be better off going the Daredevil/Jessica Jones route and make the mutants a gritter, more street-level TV alternative to the Avengers. X-men would work better as a TV show anyway--you can't have an X-men movie with Magneto cracking jokes every five seconds :comeon:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Kevin Feigie said:
I don’t think it’s out of the question. When I started at Marvel seventeen years ago, the Blade franchise was doing very well. A lot of people didn’t even know that it was based on a Marvel character because at the time they sort of hid the fact it was Marvel. So, not out of the question, but not something we’re working on right now,”

Martha

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Those who say Disney would not have made Logan forget that they allowed the The Punisher to be released next week. I could be wrong but I'm going out on the limb to say Punisher might be a little more violent than Logan.
There's a clear distinction between the film and TV universes. Feige likes to kiddify the movies.

and @Bryan Danielson Disney had balls until the very early 00s. They didn't own half the world back then so the miramax example is poor