**ITS OFFICIAL** Walt Disney buys 21st Century FOX

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Yeah I’ve got good odds on that happening or at least her being on the list. And I want it to happen :russ::whoo::whew:
she got like a crazy shine to her.
even in that Sloane movie she was just a regular ass working chick and still looked crazy beautiful!

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Now that I've had time to process, maybe it'll give the other studios a chance to be different from Disney and make the type of movies that Fox and Fox Searchlight would make.

That's the only positive outlook, I could see for arthouse or non-Franchise type films. Most likely this tweet is what'll happen though but oh well.

Avatar is the highest grossing movie of ALL TIME. Disney ain’t gonna put that on ice nor would they not let James Cameron do whatever the hell he wants

Ice Age has run its course. So who really gives a fukk

X-Men would be folded into the MCU. There’s ZERO chance Marvel wouldn’t make more X-Men films. And NONE of those films besides Logan was rated R.

Planet Of The Apes was a massively successful franchise, that again, wasn’t rated R. So a reboot could continue it.

All in all it’s the smaller films like Hidden Figures that would be in danger. Not the tent poles

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
who yall got cast for the next wolverine, professor x and magneto?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
who yall got cast for the next wolverine, professor x and magneto?

Wouldn't mind keeping the same actors for Chuck and Eric. New Wolvie gonna be interesting. Hopefully the other X-men get more shine this go round (Colossus, Scott, etc.) and not the Wolverine show. Emma Frost would be a dope villain too.

I just want a good Doom.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
says who? no one knows wtf the grand plan is. Deadpool 2 is gonna probably make $800 mil, you really think Disney is gonna come in and say "nah, this isn't working, let's just make him a bit player in a random Pg-13 XMen movie." come on

Avatar is the highest grossing movie of ALL TIME. Disney ain’t gonna put that on ice nor would they not let James Cameron do whatever the hell he wants

Ice Age has run its course. So who really gives a fukk

X-Men would be folded into the MCU. There’s ZERO chance Marvel wouldn’t make more X-Men films. And NONE of those films besides Logan was rated R.

Planet Of The Apes was a massively successful franchise, that again, wasn’t rated R. So a reboot could continue it.

All in all it’s the smaller films like Hidden Figures that would be in danger. Not the tent poles

Maybe you're right about the blockbusters but he has a point towards the end. Like I said a few pages back though, I do worry about one off films like Gone Girl, Hidden Figures, 12 Years A Slave, Revenant, The Shape of Water, Jackie, The Wrestler being made.

I just hope Sony, Universal, WB, and Paramount pick up the slack if this goes through.

I'll say one positive thing about this and it is that I hope they recast the Fantastic Four but let the First Class actors stay for however long they want to.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Now that I've had time to process, maybe it'll give the other studios a chance to be different from Disney and make the type of movies that Fox and Fox Searchlight would make.

That's the only positive outlook, I could see for arthouse or non-Franchise type films. Most likely this tweet is what'll happen though but oh well.

Disney just opened "Pandora – The World of Avatar" down in Orlando. No way they interrupting anything Cameron is doing with the sequels.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Disney just opened "Pandora – The World of Avatar" down in Orlando. No way they interrupting anything Cameron is doing with the sequels.

Not sure why a tweet from a random DC/Snyder fan is getting so much burn

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wouldn't mind keeping the same actors for Chuck and Eric. New Wolvie gonna be interesting. Hopefully the other X-men get more shine this go round (Colossus, Scott, etc.) and not the Wolverine show. Emma Frost would be a dope villain too.

I just want a good Doom.
nah they need to reboot everyone. dont start off with fox’s flip floppity continuity

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Alright here are some of my thoughts. My unease about Disney not being able to make R rated comic films eased up a bit after remember they DO own Touchstone Pictures which created my favorites like Starship Troopers(dont even get me started lol), Face/Off(another favorite), and many others like that. I just hope they KEEP the Fox entertainment division and make their adult films under it.

But I am still at unease because Disney is becoming TOO powerful and with acquiring Fox entertainment they now own a shyt ton of properties from not just movies but even TV shows.:mindblown: Are they even going to continue to allow Family Guy to do those Disney jokes? Also I am still worried about my precious Aliens and Predator franchises(say what yall want about them), they are some of my all time favorites. Then we have Avatar film. Just too much power.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Alright here are some of my thoughts. My unease about Disney not being able to make R rated comic films eased up a bit after remember they DO own Touchstone Pictures which created my favorites like Starship Troopers(dont even get me started lol), Face/Off(another favorite), and many others like that. I just hope they KEEP the Fox entertainment division and make their adult films under it.

But I am still at unease because Disney is becoming TOO powerful and with acquiring Fox entertainment they now own a shyt ton of properties from not just movies but even TV shows.:mindblown: Are they even going to continue to allow Family Guy to do those Disney jokes? Also I am still worried about my precious Aliens and Predator franchises(say what yall want about them), they are some of my all time favorites. Then we have Avatar film. Just too much power.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Large mergers like this are pretty much never good for consumers

Some of Y’all being shortsighted

what makes you say that? Disney did good with Lucasfilm and Marvel.

I really doubt Disney is gonna get rid or ruin those brands/franchises or just flat out do them wrong. they can expand them into theme parks and merchandise, with merch being where they make a lot of their money. there's just too much money involved for Disney to not develop or use those franchises.