**ITS OFFICIAL** Walt Disney buys 21st Century FOX

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
I agree with you..they have the money no doubt..and companies definitely wanna add to their portfolio. Yes, adding properties like this is about distribution but you left one key component out...what platforms are they distributing from? They only viable vehicle is streaming and Fox alone doesnt give you the catalog big enough to really make this a winner. Thats the reason why Fox never started a streaming service of their own...there arms too short to box with GODisney. Fox would themselves have to buy someone elses studio and aint nobody selling. I also assume Fox will sell to disney to ensure some of those execs get cushy Disney jobs and hefty stock options.

Disney has everything...They will get Hulu..start their own service..comics, toys, animations they have everything to make this work (No other company has this EXCEPT Warners but obv...they arent selling to WB)

Wait till Disney takes their shyt off Netflix....Amazon will be next too.

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
Wait till Disney takes their shyt off Netflix....Amazon will be next too.

thats where im confused..what will be done with Marvel Netflix? Are they going to the streaming service of the Mouse and Family friendly programming? Will they send it to Hulu?

what you mean amazon..are they Disney joints on amazon to? I wouldnt be surprised if DC tried to partner with Netflix or Amazon when the smoke clears

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
This is not a good thing. Yes the X-Men and Fantastic Four will return to Marvel but monopolies are not good. It's not good when a company owns so much. We've seen what happened to music with the record labels and radio stations and for wrestling fans what it did to the wrestling business. It's bigger than just Dr. Doom showing up in a future Avengers movie or Deadpool trading barbs with Spider-Man on film.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
This is not a good thing. Yes the X-Men and Fantastic Four will return to Marvel but monopolies are not good. It's not good when a company owns so much. We've seen what happened to music with the record labels and radio stations and for wrestling fans what it did to the wrestling business. It's bigger than just Dr. Doom showing up in a future Avengers movie or Deadpool trading barbs with Spider-Man on film.
Yes, economically, socially and politically this is against everything I believe in but I do want to see FF and all their villains in the MCU.

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green

generally I would agree with you buuuuuuuuuuuuuut in this instance...F all that...I need Dr. Doom ...Xmen vs Avengers, Thing, Deadpool all the wildshyt I can see on film :banderas:

but monopolies are bad kids :ufdup:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
How’s it a monopoly there’s other studios

Exactly

But ready for a better F4 vs Doom fight

:stopitslime:

:hhh:

:scust:

Doom should be the best cinematic villain on screen and not one of these version of Doom is better than the so called "Weak Villains" in the MCU:comeon:

Save Dr. Doom MOUSE!!!:sadbron:

Martha

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Now that I've had time to process, maybe it'll give the other studios a chance to be different from Disney and make the type of movies that Fox and Fox Searchlight would make.

That's the only positive outlook, I could see for arthouse or non-Franchise type films. Most likely this tweet is what'll happen though but oh well.